TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Matching wheels and stripe anyone?

V1PER

Well, what a great response, (well apart from mrdci)

Mixed response here on the UK Mustang forum and I know how much you guys love the shiney wheel stuff so I'm very pleased.

I think it gives the car a much more purposeful look....very mean.

Sick though? Maybe at the thought of painting those lovely shiney wheels but they can be put back to bling and the wheels had already gained some corrosion from the salt they lay on our winter roads.

I was waiting for some replacements arrive and my intention was to paint them keeping these for originality but they've taken far too long to arrive.

Well, what a great response, (well apart from mrdci)

Mixed response here on the UK Mustang forum and I know how much you guys love the shiney wheel stuff so I'm very pleased.

I think it gives the car a much more purposeful look....very mean.

Sick though? Maybe at the thought of painting those lovely shiney wheels but they can be put back to bling and the wheels had already gained some corrosion from the salt they lay on our winter roads.

I was waiting for some replacements arrive and my intention was to paint them keeping these for originality but they've taken far too long to arrive.

Guess my comment didn't translate to the Brits very well. Straight from the urban dictionary:

Sick 1)crazy, cool, insane

I think it looks badass. I think any car with flat/satin stripes should have matching wheels. Sorry for my use of motocross slang.

Guess my comment didn't translate to the Brits very well. Straight from the urban dictionary:

Sick 1)crazy, cool, insane

I think it looks badass. I think any car with flat/satin stripes should have matching wheels. Sorry for my use of motocross slang.

A thousand apologies. I wondered and should understand motocross terminology.

It's similar to the term "wicked" as in awesome etc.

Glad you like it.

I have a black FGT and don't think I'll be doing the same with that as it has a silver stripe. Despite everyone telling me it'll look good.

I think the black looks great !!!

I talked to the Alcoa guys before the Super Snakes were rolling out the door about the

possibility of getting black Alcoas for the Snake.

The CEO of Alcoa wheels talked me out of it, he raved about the quality of the dura-bright

finish etc. But the other Alcoa guys liked the idea, needless to say it didnt go anywhere.

I have a set of Black Jongbloeds for the track, still havent put them on the Snake yet, when

we get the Griggs racing brakes on, i will post up some pictures of the black rims on the Red

Snake combo.

But back to your Vapor and Black Alcoas....Mate....They Rock.

Archived