TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Cooling Problem?

Rachane

Reading a few reviews and road tests of the KR (which may well have been of early, preproduction cars), I've seen at least two complaints that the car tended to overheat. Does anyone know if this is an "official" (i.e. TSB-type) problem? Have any KR owners here experienced such problems?

Thanks,

Michael

Reading a few reviews and road tests of the KR (which may well have been of early, preproduction cars), I've seen at least two complaints that the car tended to overheat. Does anyone know if this is an "official" (i.e. TSB-type) problem? Have any KR owners here experienced such problems?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael We went to Vegas in August 08, temps were close to 110 degrees and we had no problems with overheating!! Our car is an early car #53 no problems other than we are waiting for the tranny TSB parts to show up and have them installed!! Clutch was overheated in 2 hrs of stop and go traffic in a road construction in the Colorado mountains on the way to Vegas

Michael We went to Vegas in August 08, temps were close to 110 degrees and we had no problems with overheating!! Our car is an early car #53 no problems other than we are waiting for the tranny TSB parts to show up and have them installed!! Clutch was overheated in 2 hrs of stop and go traffic in a road construction in the Colorado mountains on the way to Vegas

CSM#0048 does not over heat either, I will admit the engine gets as hot as a pistol after driving a brief time, I simply leave the hood open to vent it and all is well.

My KR has zero problems it is a great car, well done Ford and SAI.

Archived