TEAM SHELBY FORUM

charger kill

abe

the ole lady took my car into town this mornin and when she came back she was all smiles. I asked what was up and she tells me how one of our son's friends with a new r/t charger was next to her at the light and she says, "I just pressed on the gas and I smoked him!" They only went from first to second because they were on main street, but my boy says his friend is pi$$ed now. He got beat by a mom in a mustang :happy feet:

the ole lady took my car into town this mornin and when she came back she was all smiles. I asked what was up and she tells me how one of our son's friends with a new r/t charger was next to her at the light and she says, "I just pressed on the gas and I smoked him!" They only went from first to second because they were on main street, but my boy says his friend is pi$$ed now. He got beat by a mom in a mustang :happy feet:

Tell him to get used to it. That's the life of a Dodge owner. ;)

She always says I take the corners too fast in the SGT and my bike and she doesn't like the fast starts either.

My wife doesn't like my driving style in the Shelby either. She always asks why I drive the SGT differently than I drive her car. Well, DUH!!!

She also asks me if it's necessary to pop the throttle one time before I shut it off. I tell her it helps clean the carbon out of the engine before you shut it off.

My wife doesn't like my driving style in the Shelby either. She always asks why I drive the SGT differently than I drive her car. Well, DUH!!!

She also asks me if it's necessary to pop the throttle one time before I shut it off. I tell her it helps clean the carbon out of the engine before you shut it off.

Haha, I seem to always get told something similar by my wife:

When taking a corner, "Slow down, this isn't your Shelby!"

When accelerating from a stop, "Slow down, this isn't your Shelby!"

When passing cars on the freeway, "Slow down, this isn't your Shelby!"

And finally, "When are you going to spend that much time cleaning my car as you do your Shelby?!"

I'm still confused what kind of message she's trying to send! :headscratch:

That sounds like my wife. If someone DARED to look at here wrong in the SS she would smoke them!!!

I think I have told this before, but Im old and cant remember. When we got to Vegas last year for the bash the GT500 was sitting at the front door at SAI (had it shipped from Ford for the SS package) I had never been in the car. Adrienne had the keys in it waiting for us. Brandi walks up cranks the car and head to the back of SAI side ways!!! I had never put my butt in the seat and shes already burning the tires off of it!!

MM

I used to hear it all the time from my wife till one day she smoked an Infinite G35. She told me that the guy backed off when the speeds hit around 100mph. I just about threw up in my mouth when she told me she did this. At least now she doesn't say anything about my driving. My wife is a very daring person. You should see her jump the dunes in her Raptor 700. :yup:

I used to hear it all the time from my wife till one day she smoked an Infinite G35. She told me that the guy backed off when the speeds hit around 100mph. I just about threw up in my mouth when she told me she did this. At least now she doesn't say anything about my driving. My wife is a very daring person. You should see her jump the dunes in her Raptor 700. :yup:

If you knew my wife and how she is ALWAYS on my a$$ for driving hard, you would understand my total shock at her doing that.

With her shifting gears against an automatic I was suprised at the outcome. There may be hope for her yet. :happy feet:

These wives stories are all too funny, but very true. I can count on one hand how many times she has driven the vert. And when she does drive it she shifts it like a honda :cry: She hates when I ride around in second or third for any extended period. She says im showing off :hysterical: Forth is for the highway. :hysterical:

My wife doesnt say anything when I drive,

but I do notice her reaching out and putting some

Kung Fu grip the the door handle sometimes. :hysterical:

Just the opposite in my case. My wife actually ran another car into the shoulder once - it was not one of her finest moments and she got a good scolding from me. She completely changes into this evil monster...

My neighbor has an SRT Magnum..... When I first got the SGT we had a little "run." Even with the power-to-weight ratio it was a VERY close race. I might also add, he wanted to do a rollilng start because he was afraid of a "hard" take off. LOL, I still laugh at that one!

There's no problem with a "hard" take off...On the street the you can either run with ESP on or your tires will spin...The SRT has weak axles for modified cars at the track or DR's at the track...But that being said the SRT shines from a roll...Somewhat sluggish for a performance car from a dead stop...3.06 gear ratio and 4200lbs will do that to a car...I love both cars but I am also willing to admit their pros and cons...

That was totally stock too..... Ever since the 4:10 gear swap and the new tune he pretty much ignores any new tauntings. He knows with about $300 spent between the two it would put me over the edge and he'd be mine. I kept egging him about that rolling start because I know I would of had him from the line.

Archived