TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did the GT500 Flywheel TSB Problem Affect the KR?

Rachane

In the 2007-9 GT500 forum area there is considerable discussion about the eventual original flywheel failure on some/most/all of the GT500s.

I am still unclear as to whether this affected only 2007 cars, or some 2008 cars as well.

I haven't seen any discussion here as to whether any KRs have experienced this problem, or whether Ford/Shelby modified or fixed that assembly at some point during the KR's creation or conversion.

Anyone have any information about this? Thanks!

Michael

The KR's are GT500's that got sent to SAI for upfit. They did not recieve any special "re-do" of the Clutch & flywheel before they were sent to the dealers.

The problem is in all 2007's, 2008's and all 2009's that were built prior to 8/19/08.

So...unfortunately the answer to your question is....yes the KR's have the old nodular iron flywheel that warps and takes the clutch with it.

Here is a thread that we did on the subject.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=559998

Thanks very much for the clarification. I've been sniffing around a 2009 KR, but will now be sure to check the build date.

It occurs to me that if it happens to be a pre-8/19/08, the TSB work could possibly be made a "due bill" condition of the sale. But I am unsure as to whether dealerships have the discretion to do this prior to an actual clutch/flywheel failure, and I have also read several comments here about unsatisfactory behavior of the car after the TSB work was done.

Michael

Archived