TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Its soup!!!

FINALLY got THE CALL this past Thursday! Looks like we figured out kid coverage so the wife and I will drive a truck to Vegas on Tuesday for a Wednesday pickup of my DREAM and the take-off parts. I haven't slept well the last two nights trying to figure out how fast I can get it. The bonus jacket with our CSM # was a cool surprise too. more to come...........

General Info for those waiting:

Deposit: 8/21/07

Dropped at SAI: 11/24/08

The Call: 2/4/09

Talked to Bud a few times during Jan and basicallly the work was started right before New Years and was mechanically done by mid Jan but was waiting on the carbon fiber hood vendor to catch-up. Paint hood, stripes, final inspections took the remaining weeks.

Any comments/experieinces on picking up take-off parts with a pickup? Will I need to repackage it to fit in the bed? Any special covers, tie downs, etc? I want the wife to be safe driving it cuz I'll be driving the Snake. Ok, she'll probably get a couple miles enroute back to So. CA to keep her happy.

Smiles..............

Very cool :happy feet: :happy feet: congrats, your gonna love it.

It's going to be a LARGE box of take off parts. Everything should fit fine except for maybe the hood. You'll need to get creative with that one.

Here is my package ( and Bubbles ) less the hood, that came in it's own box.

IMG_2606.jpg

This thing is incredible!!! Short version: Drove my snake home to So. CA Wednesday between rainstorms. It drives so solid, so straight, no vibrations, and sooooo much power, although I had to do the break-in right. I only had time for a few local runs on Thurday before having to fly out of town for the weekend. Can't wait to get home and really play. Big money yes, but simply the smartest crazy decision I have ever made!! I love it. And I was always thinking Vista Blue would be the least good looking as a Snake (I bought car before I decided to Snake), but now realize its the BEST!!! I'll get some pix posted next week when I get home.

Ear 2 ear grins!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool :happy feet: :happy feet: congrats, your gonna love it.

It's going to be a LARGE box of take off parts. Everything should fit fine except for maybe the hood. You'll need to get creative with that one.

Here is my package ( and Bubbles ) less the hood, that came in it's own box.

IMG_2606.jpg

Hey! Thats me! :):):)

I realized after I asked that you have the 40th Anniv edition. You of course are who I credit for inspiring me to buy my Shelby to start with!! Even though you say blame vs. credit! When do we start meeting at Ricky and Ronnie's?? See ya soon...........

Yep!

Been almost 3 years since you and your son followed me home!

The R&R thing is over. Ricky and Ronnies closed down! We still do the Wed night Pizza Hut thing and cruises.

There are a few things happening but I suspect Fab Ford will probably be the next big get together.

You can replace the video of Enis's car from last year with one of your very own S/S !

I was able to get a little road time in finally and again, this thing is incredible. I definitely need some time to adapt to this much power! And it is so beautiful. Did I mention how great the Vista Blue looks as a Snake? Don't you agree it is the best color?!?! Stir the pot.....

So here is my first ever attempt at posting some pix.

post-10840-1235025010_thumb.jpg

post-10840-1235025054_thumb.jpg

post-10840-1235025102_thumb.jpg

post-10840-1235025166_thumb.jpg

post-10840-1235025010_thumb.jpg

post-10840-1235025054_thumb.jpg

post-10840-1235025102_thumb.jpg

post-10840-1235025166_thumb.jpg

Ken, I was just in Sacramento last weekend visiting family. That's where I grew up. Thanx for the wishes. The car is both more outrageous yet more under the radar with the black stripes vs. my original white. And the pix do not fully do it justice!

I was able to get a little road time in finally and again, this thing is incredible. I definitely need some time to adapt to this much power! And it is so beautiful. Did I mention how great the Vista Blue looks as a Snake? Don't you agree it is the best color?!?! Stir the pot.....

So here is my first ever attempt at posting some pix.

I have to agree Blue is the best Color! :drool:

Congratulations!

Archived