TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Long term Shelby storage?

svt boost

Has anyone stored their gt500 for over a year? Reason I ask is I am getting moved overseas for a year with my family, and seeing as I dont want to bring my gt500 to this particular tropical island, I was thinking of storing it. What has everyone done for this? Use a service or just rent a garage space?

Has anyone stored their gt500 for over a year? Reason I ask is I am getting moved overseas for a year with my family, and seeing as I dont want to bring my gt500 to this particular tropical island, I was thinking of storing it. What has everyone done for this? Use a service or just rent a garage space?

I'm not sure what you mean by use a service but if it involved someone being able to drive your car then I would be opposed to that. We have had several military members store their cars during overseas assignments. There really isn't any bad side effects.

Others can add some tips, but I would change the oil and drive around some so the clean stuff gets circulated, then I would fill the tank using a fuel stabilizer, over inflate the tires and remove the battery.

I'm not sure what you mean by use a service but if it involved someone being able to drive your car then I would be opposed to that. We have had several military members store their cars during overseas assignments. There really isn't any bad side effects.

Others can add some tips, but I would change the oil and drive around some so the clean stuff gets circulated, then I would fill the tank using a fuel stabilizer, over inflate the tires and remove the battery.

well there are services who store your care for you indoors, start it every ten days, etc etc. If I have to move my whole household (except this car), what do people do for storage? Just place it in a rented unit and come back in a year?

well there are services who store your care for you indoors, start it every ten days, etc etc. If I have to move my whole household (except this car), what do people do for storage? Just place it in a rented unit and come back in a year?

Gosh, I'm so against that, I'd rather my engined be pickled and not started at all. You can't really get the oil up to temp just starting the car, you really need to drive it. Starting it for 1/2 hour (I bet they only run 'em for 5 or so minutes) will promote excessive moisture (condensation) in the engine with no way for it to gas off.

I'd rather use a fuel stabilizer, battery tender, engine fogger and bag it.

Archived