TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Starting To Have NAIAS Withdrawals

NVWSSV

Now that the hype of NAIAS has subsided, I find myself craving more information and pictures. I'm tired of not seeing any new treads with breaking news/pics being posted. I want to see the GT500 in each color and stripe combo, some official pricing, ordering information, Anna Kournikova naked (oops, how'd that slip in), official production dates, etc.

It's been almost a full year of teaser pics, BS rumors, surprise appearances of the concept GT500 at random car shows, and finally the release of the production version. If I don't get some new info soon, I may have to check myself into the Betty FORD Clinic. :P

Anyone else have this sickness?

I am in the same boat. I am anxiously waiting for someone to post that ordering and pricing was released so that I can run to one of 3 dealerships in town that have my name on "the list." Then, the trick is to 1. Get them to sell at X Plan. If that fails, refer to No. 2. 2. Get them to sell for MSRP. If that fails, refer to No. 3. 3. Get them to sell for 1-5k over MSRP and try to convince the wife it's a "good idea." No. 4 try to make up the loss by making "profit" on 2001 Roush Stage 3 w/ 25k miles! 4. Try and explain to the wife why my "dream car" changes every 1.5 to 2 years. 5. Wait until I'm back from Iraq in 07 to get one at MSRP or X PLan after the madness has died down.

A guy can dream...

Now that the hype of NAIAS has subsided, I find myself craving more information and pictures. I'm tired of not seeing any new treads with breaking news/pics being posted. I want to see the GT500 in each color and stripe combo, some official pricing, ordering information, Anna Kournikova naked (oops, how'd that slip in), official production dates, etc.

It's been almost a full year of teaser pics, BS rumors, surprise appearances of the concept GT500 at random car shows, and finally the release of the production version. If I don't get some new info soon, I may have to check myself into the Betty FORD Clinic. :P

Right now we are all dreaming! Not until we have one in our driveways will we be awakened from this dream! Until then lets keep dreaming.

Amen to that. I'm in the same boat with you. The only problem is that my wife's "vitamins" don't help with the funk I'm in.

Robert, can you help out a guy that's down on his luck??

Dreaming...I'm doing a lot of that right now. lol, Over on the public Shelby forums I'm trying to convice them to offer a kit to convert the GT500 to run on E85 fuel. To me fuel with 105 octane rating and boosted cars were meant for each other. The 1.80 a gallon price for it doesn't hurt ether. :)

You said it. Now that the information spigot has been opened (at least a trickle), I'm waiting for them to take the pipe wrench to it and just open it wide - like a fire hydrant when they're flushing the lines! Come on... you know you want to!

post-2704-1138395238_thumb.jpg

post-2704-1138395238_thumb.jpg

Torch Red with white stripes.

Two-tone interior with interior upgrade package.

Haven't heard of any other upgrades, or options (other than the Shaker 100 stereo...blah)

that's not what I'm going to be listening to!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Same here! Colour?? isnt't that French for "color"? :lol:

Nah! That's how us English Canadians and the rest of the English speaking world spell it. :D

Not only did you Americans abolish the King and Queen of England in 1776, you abolished the letter U after O!

colour, favour, flavour, behaviour, demeanour, endeavour, harbour, honour, humour, labour, neighbour........

Another reason we won't be getting the GT500 here until September/October. The owner's manual has to be Translated into Canadian (Canadien)! :lol:

Nah! That's how us English Canadians and the rest of the English speaking world spell it. :D

Not only did you Americans abolish the King and Queen of England in 1776, you abolished the letter U after O!

colour, favour, flavour, behaviour, demeanour, endeavour, harbour, honour, humour, labour, neighbour........

Another reason we won't be getting the GT500 here until September/October. The owner's manual has to be Translated into Canadian (Canadien)! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funny stuff there eh? Buy the way the plate looks great, it even goes with the white and blue combo of the car. I tried to get one like it here in Connecticut but we are limited to only 6 letters, it really limites the posibilites.

thanks for the history lesson! :D

I too want to see the color / stripe combinations. I'm not even sure what a couple of those colors are.

I talked to my dealer last Saturday and I feel real good about my place on the list. He told me that they don't sell over MSRP save for a GT sold last year and they charged over the price that another dealership charged them for the car; the buyer knew this going into the deal but really wanted the car. Just like everyone else though, I'll believe it when the car is sitting in my driveway

Stengraft95

Funny stuff there eh? Buy the way the plate looks great, it even goes with the white and blue combo of the car. I tried to get one like it here in Connecticut but we are limited to only 6 letters, it really limites the posibilites.

thanks for the history lesson! :D

How about 07SLBY or 07SHEL or 7SHLBY or 7GT500 or 07 500 or GT5007?? ;)

Luckily Ontario went to 8 letters in 03'. I believe some States have 9!

How about 07SLBY or 07SHEL or 7SHLBY or 7GT500 or 07 500 or GT5007?? ;)

Luckily Ontario went to 8 letters in 03'. I believe some States have 9!

Thanks for the suggestions it will probably end up to be one of those or similar.I have to have the car registered to get the plate. We'll see. :blink:

Well you guys & gals who made NAIAS are lucky!

Us East Coast guys (Mr Suds, Ssvtbird91) will probably end up @ the New York show in April. Still have not seen this in person! Somehow, we all managed to love it...without seeing it in person!!! :lol:

And yes, I need to see all of the colors so I can make up my mind!!!

.............tungsten.......................

Us East Coast guys (Mr Suds, Ssvtbird91) will probably end up @ the New York show in April. Still have not seen this in person! Somehow, we all managed to love it...without seeing it in person!!! :lol:

I'll be easy to spot at the NY auto show. I'll be the maniac that jumps on the turnstile and locks himself in the car, yelling at the top of my lungs at the security guards " WE WERE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER". :blink: :blink:

A free ride to the local looney bin, a nice soft padded room and my wife's special "vitamins" and I'll be all better.

If you think that funny, just wait to see what happens when I actually get to pick up my car. It might classify as a political incident..

Crispy, I was there last year at the NYAS in Feb. Ever since then I've been dreaming , [my wife says ,a little too obsesed }. I'll probably go again this year. I hope to have my order in before then.

Maybe we could meet there , If for no other reason ,just to keep Mrsuds out of trouble! :lol:

Crispy, I was there last year at the NYAS in Feb. Ever since then I've been dreaming , [my wife says ,a little too obsesed }. I'll probably go again this year. I hope to have my order in before then.

Maybe we could meet there , If for no other reason ,just to keep Mrsuds out of trouble! :lol:

Might be a wise idea....plus, I think we would all need to keep each other in line....ya know!!! :rolleyes:

New York seems more like a necessity at this point!

Does the term bull in a china shop mean anything to you. You'll definitely need Crispy to help, I have catlike reflexes.. :lol:

Great, as we get closer to the time of the show we'll see what day works best for all. Mrsuds make sure you bring ample supply of those vitamins . I would hate to see you get too stressed , being so close to a real live GT500. :blink: :blink:

I'll be easy to spot at the NY auto show. I'll be the maniac that jumps on the turnstile and locks himself in the car, yelling at the top of my lungs at the security guards " WE WERE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER". :blink: :blink:

A free ride to the local looney bin, a nice soft padded room and my wife's special "vitamins" and I'll be all better.

If you think that funny, just wait to see what happens when I actually get to pick up my car. It might classify as a political incident..

Just caught this! I owe you one, Mr.S (I WAS eating cereal--clean-up in aisle 5!!!) :lol:

WOW! Sounds like a field trip in the making! How do multiple bulls-in-china-shops keep each other in line? Do we cancel each other out???

Yeah, my wife shot me in the *bum* with a tranq. dart last night.....had Marlin Perkins airlift me to a nice, quiet place to drool... :blink:

Now, she's asking for "Mrs. Suds magical Vitamins" to keep me in line. Yikes!!! B)

WOW! Sounds like a field trip in the making! How do multiple bulls-in-china-shops keep each other in line? Do we cancel each other out???

I love it when that happens.

Are you kidding me, 2 bulls = twice the damage. Just like when you have kids.

My father told me right before my first daughter was born, raising the first child is easy because you can double team the baby, when you have two kids you have to switch to man to man coverage, more than that you have to play zone defense..

If svtbird91 shows up, he better have help or its going to be long day.... ;)

Archived