TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Injured Iraq Vet

Hey Ruf -

I just read there were 24 military suicides last month. That was more than those that died in combat or support. I'm thinking that asking these guys to continue making tours 3-4 times or more may be having an impact?

The military is our most precious national resource. It just pains me to see how abused they've been for years now. I respect and I'm amazed at how these guys just continue to do the work that is asked of them - even when it is ill-advised. Some of these very guys are members on here - and don't question the commander in chief. I hope they continue to do the same as we move to use them in a more conservative and intelligent manner - with less shooting from the hip - shooting first and asking questions later. Let's keep the cowboy that we Americans are known for in the movies and not in our foreign policy.

Hey Ruf -

I just read there were 24 military suicides last month. That was more than those that died in combat or support. I'm thinking that asking these guys to continue making tours 3-4 times or more may be having an impact?

The military is our most precious national resource. It just pains me to see how abused they've been for years now. I respect and I'm amazed at how these guys just continue to do the work that is asked of them - even when it is ill-advised. Some of these very guys are members on here - and don't question the commander in chief. I hope they continue to do the same as we move to use them in a more conservative and intelligent manner - with less shooting from the hip - shooting first and asking questions later. Let's keep the cowboy that we Americans are known for in the movies and not in our foreign policy.

Well put!

CC

President Obama recently nominated his close friend Tammy Duckworth, the director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs as assistant secretary in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. She is an Iraq War veteran whose severe combat wounds cost her both of her legs and damaged her right arm. She continues to serve as a Major in the Illinois Army National Guard along with her husband, Major Bryan W. Bowlsbey, a signal officer and fellow Iraq War veteran. Rather than bureaucrats running the department we need people that know what these veterans deal with every day. Let's hope things change quickly!

I agree with GT500FLYBOY, multiple deployments is a key factor. In the Vietnam era the draft kept deployments to 1 tour. Don't get me wrong the draft was a terrible idea. Perhaps we just need a larger military to greatly reduce the number of deployments.

Im prior military. I did a tour right after 9/11. Did seven months in the gulf. I was navy so i didnt have to shoot at anyone but i did have some small boat encounters. Ill tell ya what its the biggest waaste of money and resources and lives. We are fightin some pointless shit right now and its time to get out. We need to bring home our boys.

Let me tell you about my brothers nightmare the Navy SEA BEE!!! He wakes up every night and is sweating reliving the explosion 2nd day boots on the ground He was walking behind a dozer clearing an area for camp when the operator ran over an IED, my brother was blown 50 feet in the air and when he came two, the operator was bleeding incredibly! He double timed it back to base with the guy on his back bleeding.. This is just one of the many!!

Because I trained at the Va and I had some friends there I got him to see the DOD doc and he was sent to psychiatry for emergent treatment, my brother is diagnosed with PTSD disabled and numerus othe medical issues..

I know these things!!

Let me tell you about my brothers nightmare the Navy SEA BEE!!! He wakes up every night and is sweating reliving the explosion 2nd day boots on the ground He was walking behind a dozer clearing an area for camp when the operator ran over an IED, my brother was blown 50 feet in the air and when he came two, the operator was bleeding incredibly! He double timed it back to base with the guy on his back bleeding.. This is just one of the many!!

Because I trained at the Va and I had some friends there I got him to see the DOD doc and he was sent to psychiatry for emergent treatment, my brother is diagnosed with PTSD disabled and numerus othe medical issues..

I know these things!!

My son walks with your brother also. No good will ever come from IEDs. Very sad and most of the guys are not getting the physciatric help or the financial help they need after they are medically discharged. They have to fight for every thing and it is really, really sad :cry: Most just give up as they can't handle the added stress in their process of trying to get back to a "normal" life.

Hey Ruf -

Thanks, well put! Too much is being asked of too few. Way too much. This is one area that cuts backs must not be made. Taking care of these men and women should be a priority.

I hope GWB remembers these people who sacrificed so much while hes living it up in Texas. Maybe he could crack open his billion dollar piggy bank and help out. He's too busy patting himself on the back for all those "Hard Decisions" he had to make. He dont know much about hard if you ask me....

KC666

:rockon:

Archived