TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 and 2009 GT500 models for sale

atacamadan

Anybody have an idea of how sales are going for Ford and the remaining Shelby GT500's from the unique model run of 2007/2008/2009 GT500's?. 2010 will be different. Better, .... don't know. The now "classic" Shelby is the now old 07/08/09 series and lovely body style. I have been watching Ebay regularly. You see the MSRP price offered by some dealers for cars they wish to sell, which is WAY different to when I first looked at buying a Shelby...

When I bought my car the rep said each dealer has a quota of 2 per year, if they don't sell then they lose the quota.

Chau,

Dan

Anybody have an idea of how sales are going for Ford and the remaining Shelby GT500's from the unique model run of 2007/2008/2009 GT500's?. 2010 will be different. Better, .... don't know. The now "classic" Shelby is the now old 07/08/09 series and lovely body style. I have been watching Ebay regularly. You see the MSRP price offered by some dealers for cars they wish to sell, which is WAY different to when I first looked at buying a Shelby...

When I bought my car the rep said each dealer has a quota of 2 per year, if they don't sell then they lose the quota.

Chau,

Dan

not all dealers are signed up for the GT500 program, and lots of dealers are only getting one per year, and then some big one are getting 10-15

Chau,

Dan

I just recieved my new 08 GT500 fom a dealer in Michigan. He also has 4 09's left & he is really fair about selling them. Pat Milliken Ford in Redford, Mi.

Bought my '09 December 14, 2008--dealer was asking MSRp and I got it for 3K under. Went back today, the place was packed and their new '09 had a $19,995 mark up on the window. Things must be picking up :headscratch:

At last count, Paducah Ford, Paducah, KY had 3 coupes left--one black/red stripe, one white/blue, one silver/blue 40th. Parker Ford, Murray, KY had 1 white/blue coupe and Pennyrile Ford, Hopkinsville has one white/blue coupe. Town & Country Ford, Nashville TN has black/black stripe KR on the floor--ask for Jamie--he really knows his high performance Mustang stuff....last time I talked to him he had sold 5 cars in 6 days.....things are picking up for them, at least......

At last count, Paducah Ford, Paducah, KY had 3 coupes left--one black/red stripe, one white/blue, one silver/blue 40th. Parker Ford, Murray, KY had 1 white/blue coupe and Pennyrile Ford, Hopkinsville has one white/blue coupe. Town & Country Ford, Nashville TN has black/black stripe KR on the floor--ask for Jamie--he really knows his high performance Mustang stuff....last time I talked to him he had sold 5 cars in 6 days.....things are picking up for them, at least......

I have been @ my dealership for 17 years. I've seen good times & slow times. It seems fair to say that traffic & business is picking up. people are still looking for bargains tho. i can't blame them. That's the reason I bought my new 08 GT500. I got a bargain as well. I think we will all see a rise in values very quickly. Inventories have been watched closely & dealers can't replace it overnight. As demand heats up & dealers see the increase, the need to drastically cut prices will be replaced with keeping as much profit as possible. I think the economy will be on it's way back to health by summer. However, now is still a great time to by the new car you've always wanted! There are still some fantastic deals out there! :drool:

Dave

Seems that South Florida dealers are sitting on a lot of 08 and 09 GT500 inventory (all coupes). I can put my finger on 6 '08's that the dealers will give away for invoice (maybe even less) and there are another 5 '09's that could be picked up for sticker. Pick your color..... :shift:

We are also seeing a few low mileage 07's & 08's hitting the used car lots....I've seen 3 vert's and 2 coupes in the past 4 months with under 3K miles selling from the low 30's to low 40's....seems as if people need to raise cash fast and the toys are the first to go.

As for KR's, there are 3 '08's in the area and 2 '09's. However, the markup on these put the price well over 95K and the dealers don't seem to be interested in dealing on these. One of the '08's is a low production number black on black so I can see why that has a markup but the other two '08's are high production numbers so I can't undertsand why the dealer won't budge on the price.

At this point it almost makes more sense to buy an '08 GT500 and have it snaked....it will cost far less then the KR and I'd have a better car in the end...thoughts on this????

I wonder what's going to happen when the 2010's start to hit the lots later this year......

GT

As for KR's, there are 3 '08's in the area and 2 '09's. However, the markup on these put the price well over 95K and the dealers don't seem to be interested in dealing on these. One of the '08's is a low production number black on black so I can see why that has a markup but the other two '08's are high production numbers so I can't undertsand why the dealer won't budge on the price.

At this point it almost makes more sense to buy an '08 GT500 and have it snaked....it will cost far less then the KR and I'd have a better car in the end...thoughts on this????

I bought my '09 KR a month ago for $74,100 so some dealers are seeing the writing on the wall. I have since seen several at invoice, $73,600, so the demand must be dropping.

Rather than going the SS route, I'll just add the 725 hp KB kit myself and still be just above $80k invested.

I bought my '09 KR a month ago for $74,100 so some dealers are seeing the writing on the wall. I have since seen several at invoice, $73,600, so the demand must be dropping.

Rather than going the SS route, I'll just add the 725 hp KB kit myself and still be just above $80k invested.

Re the 09 Gt 500s in South Florida going for invoice and the 09 KRs - can you kindly advise where ? I'm close to purchasing a GT 500 at $1,500 over invoice - so this would really help.

Also re the 09 KR would really be interested.

Kind Regards

Re the 09 Gt 500s in South Florida going for invoice and the 09 KRs - can you kindly advise where ? I'm close to purchasing a GT 500 at $1,500 over invoice - so this would really help.

Also re the 09 KR would really be interested.

Kind Regards

Maroone Ford...they have 3 dealerships down here..Fort Lauderdale, Margate and Delray Beach....each of them have '08 and '09 GT500's as well as a mix of KR's. World Ford in Pembroke Pines also has a number of GT500 coupes ('08 and '09) as does Wayne Akers Ford in Lake Worth. Good Luck.....

GT

Palm Coast Ford had three GT 500's, unknown on the year. Black, blue and white. They also had an '08 KR in blue on the showroom floor. They wanted 20K over on the KR; but the salesman practically begged me to buy one of the GT 500's.

Looking at autotrader and Ebay the used ones a going low,low prices-I sure wish I had the coin for another one....look at the price for the one below....sheesh....

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...mp;rdpage=thumb

I am a dealer & I have this exact 07 GT500 on my internet aution watch list. He is offering this car to other dealers for 33900 @ the present time. If anyone is interested in the car, let me know.

Dave

Seems that South Florida dealers are sitting on a lot of 08 and 09 GT500 inventory (all coupes). I can put my finger on 6 '08's that the dealers will give away for invoice (maybe even less) and there are another 5 '09's that could be picked up for sticker. Pick your color..... :shift:

We are also seeing a few low mileage 07's & 08's hitting the used car lots....I've seen 3 vert's and 2 coupes in the past 4 months with under 3K miles selling from the low 30's to low 40's....seems as if people need to raise cash fast and the toys are the first to go.

I wonder what's going to happen when the 2010's start to hit the lots later this year......

GT

I was at the dealership i bought my GT500 from the other day. They had the number 3 production KR on the floor asking 115k for it. But they claimed to of sold 15 GT500 last year, which they might have being a military town it doesnt feel the pains of the economy as much as some might.

Archived