TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alternatives to the Goodyear F1 tires for street

atacamadan

Got some free time tonight so making the best for questions that have been lurking in my mind... I see a lot of owners are using the Nitto drag radials, but what is a good alternative to the stock Goodyear tires for street, cornering and straight line road racing (ie road, not track)? Or did Ford put a good tire on and simply good enough to stay with? How much mileage is anyone getting from normal driving and "road fun driving (twisty canyons!)" on the stock tires?

Chau,

Dan

Got some free time tonight so making the best for questions that have been lurking in my mind... I see a lot of owners are using the Nitto drag radials, but what is a good alternative to the stock Goodyear tires for street, cornering and straight line road racing (ie road, not track)? Or did Ford put a good tire on and simply good enough to stay with? How much mileage is anyone getting from normal driving and "road fun driving (twisty canyons!)" on the stock tires?

Chau,

Dan

Those F1's are fantastic as compared to the Goodrich mud & snows that the Shelby GT's come with! Although, ours will probably last for years and years....

Chau,

Dan

I like to read the reviews on tirereack.com They have the reviews written by their staff and by users.

I have 14000 on car........On 3rd set of rears, second set fronts. I do drive hard but only 2 strip runs. Fronts were not completely worn out but were wearing evenly. Life is not impressive and tires have NO grip below 40 Deg. (As advertises). Also looking for alternatives.

The Nitto INVO look pretty good, but I think I'm holding out for the NT05!

Was thinking of the NT05's myself. Anyone using them now? How do the compare in price and performance to the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2?

I don't know about the comparison, but the PS2 is ranked #1 by consumer reports in all categories except tire wear.

Burn outs = tire wear :( Have read other posts that the NT555's are good for approx 15000 miles, max. How many miles on your PS2's and how aggressive are you on driving?

I replaced mine at 11K (no real wear, just got new wheels) with Nitto INVO 20's and Razors and love the tires. A noticable difference in my vert with the top down... much quieter on the road.

And the tread design is sick :happy feet:

But I am going pull the rears off and have them widened to take a 295 or 305. Still no traction in first. :-) But enough traction to smoke an SRT Challenger. :happy feet:

photo.jpg

Archived