TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Random Shelby Dodge Pics From Back In The Day

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I answered both questions correctly, what do I win? :lurk:

Well it wasn't really a contest but PM me your mailing address and I'll send you something :woot:

Before you get too excited what I have in mind will fit inside a #10 business envelope so don't expect the SAI truck to be driving down your street :lol:

Steve

Well it wasn't really a contest but PM me your mailing address and I'll send you something :woot:

Before you get too excited what I have in mind will fit inside a #10 business envelope so don't expect the SAI truck to be driving down your street :lol:

Steve

No Steve, thats OK. I was just being funny, more impressed that I got both correct(even though Tim answered first on the seat belts). :dance:

I'll save this and hit you up on something else later...lol. Thanks.

Bryan

My thanks to Steve for posting photos of CSXT these pictures were taken at Road America Aug 1988, meet Pete Mills PR person at Shelby Automobiles at that time, ne let us sit in cars and spent alot of time with team. My gear head wife Sue took photos Bruce

My thanks to Steve for posting photos of CSXT these pictures were taken at Road America Aug 1988, meet Pete Mills PR person at Shelby Automobiles at that time, ne let us sit in cars and spent alot of time with team. My gear head wife Sue took photos Bruce

Bruce and Steve,

I think I won the best prize...... picks of my car! Wooowhoo... Thanks guys!..... Gives me some motivation to get working on it! :shift:

Tim

I think the wide tired Daytona they are talking about is the one pictured in post #3 in this thread. I don't believe it is the same as the one in the WPC Museum.

Yup the "wide tire" Daytona is in post #3. And now in this post so you don't have to go searching for post #3.

Steve

Image0073a.JPG

Image0073a.JPG

Ok I'm a little late on these. Tim as promised I took two quick and dirty snapshots of the two Thrifty pics hanging in my office. These were originally from the Whittier office. Let me know if these pics are out there already. If not I'll remove them from the frames and have them scanned by the local Photography shop.

Sorry about the pic quality but fluorescent office lighting and glass covered pics don't get along.

Steve

1988_CSX1.jpg

1988_CSX2.jpg

1988_CSX1.jpg

1988_CSX2.jpg

Ok I'm a little late on these. Tim as promised I took two quick and dirty snapshots of the two Thrifty pics hanging in my office. These were originally from the Whittier office. Let me know if these pics are out there already. If not I'll remove them from the frames and have them scanned by the local Photography shop.

Sorry about the pic quality but fluorescent office lighting and glass covered pics don't get along.

Steve

Nope... haven't seen those before..... Sweet!.... Thanks again Steve......

I enlarged the original and all I can say is that its not an Omni.

Also its hard to tell but are those brake cooling ducts bolted to the CSX-t's airdam?

Steve

Steve,

Yes those are cooling ducts.... From the stories I've been told, the reason for them involved over heated brakes. When the season began two cars were built to compete in the class (29.95 and 34.95). Those cars were running stock CSX-T wheels and the stock brakes in the front. Within the first 2-3 races both cars were wrecked due to brake failures. One of them went end over end but luckily the driver walked away without a scratch. A common practice was to drag the brakes to keep the boost up and basically the calipers blew out. (Melted) Two replacement cars were quickly built from body in whites. Imsa decided after the second failure that they would allow them to run larger brakes on the front. They installed Alcon 4 piston calipers and to improve the cooling even further they switch to Jongbloeds wheels. These wheels were not only lighter but forced more air into the brakes. I’ve seen two different versions run on the car but both of them are way more open than the stock T wheel.

Thanks again for the pic!

post-11673-1236282454_thumb.jpg

post-11673-1236282454_thumb.jpg

Steve,

Yes those are cooling ducts.... From the stories I've been told, the reason for them involved over heated brakes. When the season began two cars were built to compete in the class (29.95 and 34.95). Those cars were running stock CSX-T wheels and the stock brakes in the front. Within the first 2-3 races both cars were wrecked due to brake failures. One of them went end over end but luckily the driver walked away without a scratch. A common practice was to drag the brakes to keep the boost up and basically the calipers blew out. (Melted) Two replacement cars were quickly built from body in whites. Imsa decided after the second failure that they would allow them to run larger brakes on the front. They installed Alcon 4 piston calipers and to improve the cooling even further they switch to Jongbloeds wheels. These wheels were not only lighter but forced more air into the brakes. I’ve seen two different versions run on the car but both of them are way more open than the stock T wheel.

Thanks again for the pic!

Tim

Cool pic of the bodies in white. Have you ever located those two Thrifty race cars?

Steve

Steve,

LOL, I think I know where the other one is...... It's on your side of town...LOL.... I'm still working on it.....

Here's one of the other wheels.....

Tim

Well you know "we" are looking for a CSX-T :D

Do you have a better photo of those gold wheels? I know of a certain dusty warehouse that may have some of them.

Steve

Archived