TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Random Shelby Dodge Pics From Back In The Day

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve,

Would that be the same Viper that is on display at the WPC Museum?

Rick

That I don't know. One of the ways you can tell the early prototype Vipers is the cut down windshield and the headlights being part of the hood. I suspect there were several prototypes so the one at the WPC museum may or may not be the one from Whittier.

Steve

PS- Anyone notice the 1989 CSX production line in the background? Four CSX's that appear to be getting finishing touches.

Rick

That I don't know. One of the ways you can tell the early prototype Vipers is the cut down windshield and the headlights being part of the hood. I suspect there were several prototypes so the one at the WPC museum may or may not be the one from Whittier.

Steve

PS- Anyone notice the 1989 CSX production line in the background? Four CSX's that appear to be getting finishing touches.

The car at WPC is a prototype, it does have the low windshield and I believe the 360 v8.

I did notice the CSX's, that picture has a lot of Shelby history in it.

Steve nice photos, I toured whittier when the 87 GLHS and again in 88 for CSX production and thier PR man Pete Milles gave me a ton of factory slides and PR kits, When I get time will load these as I have promsied other people, Still have my 87 GLHS sits in my barn next to my 97 SGT and the 67,69 GT 350s. We at one time had an active club in Milwaukee but was in Army then ( retired in 2000 from Army) and when I moved the club fell apart, still stay in touch with acouple of the members, Just asked my gear head wife she will post photos next week. Also have the Thrifty CSXs racing at Road America WI 1988 Bruce

Steve nice photos, I toured whittier when the 87 GLHS and again in 88 for CSX production and thier PR man Pete Milles gave me a ton of factory slides and PR kits, When I get time will load these as I have promsied other people, Still have my 87 GLHS sits in my barn next to my 97 SGT and the 67,69 GT 350s. We at one time had an active club in Milwaukee but was in Army then ( retired in 2000 from Army) and when I moved the club fell apart, still stay in touch with acouple of the members, Just asked my gear head wife she will post photos next week. Also have the Thrifty CSXs racing at Road America WI 1988 Bruce
Please note S/B 07 SGT NOT 97 Bruce

Bruce

Definetly post the Thrifty pics as I'm sure alot of folks would love to see them.

Steve

Well I just dropped in on this thread MotorSports, was this forum even running on the 6th?? I had nothing but trouble with it about then. As I've mentioned before, I really only keep up here with the "View new posts" button, for whatever reason, some of the posts in the Dodge section don't make it to the new posts area :huh:

For the first pic, Judging by the grill on that TC, I'd say it's the MetalCrafters Prototype so circa 87? Event, BJ Auction, just a wild guess there. THe Pace car G body has got to be 84 though right. Thats an 84 RamCharger Prospector edtion in the backround thought he Omni looks earlier vintage 81-82.

keep the randoms coming :camera:

Alan

Well I just dropped in on this thread MotorSports, was this forum even running on the 6th?? I had nothing but trouble with it about then. As I've mentioned before, I really only keep up here with the "View new posts" button, for whatever reason, some of the posts in the Dodge section don't make it to the new posts area :huh:

AJ

I have the same problem at times. I think it has something to do with the cookies not being saved correctly. I just use the view new posts and then I head over to the Dodge area to catch any missing posts.

For the first pic, Judging by the grill on that TC, I'd say it's the MetalCrafters Prototype so circa 87? Event, BJ Auction, just a wild guess there. THe Pace car G body has got to be 84 though right. Thats an 84 RamCharger Prospector edtion in the backround thought he Omni looks earlier vintage 81-82.

keep the randoms coming :camera:

Alan

I don't have an exact date for the TC pic but its from early 1986 at the then recently opened Arizona Proving Grounds. Shelby Autos had the 86 GLHS out for some testing and Chrysler was holding some sort of event. The yellowbird P body Shadow was also there.

The Daytona pic was taken at the same time/place. I'm guessing the Daytona and the others were from Chrysler's previous testing facility. It appears the younger guy called shotgun as the old guy is entering the backseat area. :o

Steve

Well.... Carroll is driving.... the car is a 89 CSX and it has the active seatbelts on it.... which aren't working?

LOL...

Awesome!

Tim

Well Tim got one of the answers I was looking for, the automatic shoulder belt. I suspect the belt does work. Carroll's right hand is on the ignition key so I'm guessing it hasn't been turned to the start/run position for the belt to move back.

Ok what about the other unique item in one of the pics. I'll give you a hint, Florida.

Steve

Archived