TEAM SHELBY FORUM

US Swimming Bans Phelps!

well here is the story.....looks like Phelps is banned for 3 months from US Swimming

and also loses his financial support during the same time period.(so far)

Kelloggs also announced they arent renewing his contract.

That was an expensive bong hit!

You have what so many dream of and piss it away.........serves you right.

Next time you get high, collect all the cell phones in the room first.

(anyone knows that! :hysterical: )

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/91866...months?MSNHPHMA

....stay tuned for further updates!

Yeah I bet he wants to shoot the nice fellow who had the cellphone camera. It was stupid to even think about doing that infront of anybody when you have the fame and fortune that he worked hard to earn and to have it all taken away over a picture is insane. I wouldn't doubt it was a person who he trusted and was friends with that got greedy and decided to make some bucks by selling it to the British tabloids. With his lungs you wouldn't have ever guessed he would be smoking anything.

Lack of USA Swimmings financial assistance will not affect Phelps for three months. Speedo is staying put and they are his biggest money deal. A three month suspension is just an extended vacation. Or maybe a time for him to pratice and not compete. He''ll come back as good or better than before. Unless, of course, he follows in the footsteps of Ricky Williams...post-6807-1233979186.gif

post-6807-1233979186.gif

This is the dumbest suspension I've ever seen in any sport.

The dude was in in his own house. The guy that snapped the pic ought to get his legs broken.

Is a 23 year old smoking pot this big of a news story?

If anything, the story should be that a pothead could win so many Olympic medals! ;)

Ken

p.s. Kelloggs makes rice krispy treats and s'mores cereal. I'd say they owe a good chunk of their annual profit to stoners nationwide.

I think its fitting punishment. Drug abuse should not be tolerated, and he sets a bad example for the youngsters and oldsters alike. He has been acting foolish for quite some time, so it was bound to catch up with him. Seems like it's hard to find truly good role models anymore.

I think its fitting punishment. Drug abuse should not be tolerated, and he sets a bad example for the youngsters and oldsters alike. He has been acting foolish for quite some time, so it was bound to catch up with him. Seems like it's hard to find truly good role models anymore.

+1000 Ilmor....well said. Regardless of where he was, what he did was illegal and is a horrible example to younger kids and athletes. I used to swim year round and compete when I was in school, and this kind of act would never have crossed my mind. The training you have to put your body through to get to that level (and I was never anywhere near his level) would shock you. Unbelievable that he would put a toxin like this in himself.

Just my $0.02.

Andy.

Whats wrong with this. Phelps Is getting into more trouble about his little episode with POT

Than Obama or Bush did for there drug problems. Maybe neither Obama or Bush should of had the highest office In the world becuase of there drug addictions.Talk about being a exsample to the youngsters.

Archived