TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 BUILD DATES

CANADA GUY

Just wondering ; if production has in fact started with the gt500.At what rate do they slip them in to the mustang builds? What would be total allocation on the first go around? Any info on how the Ford line works considering this apparent slow model release would be appreciated? This sort of gives us guys who are waiting for our orders ; some idea of the whole process. Thanks a lot !!

Just wondering ; if production has in fact started with the gt500.At what rate do they slip them in to the mustang builds? What would be total allocation on the first go around? Any info on how the Ford line works considering this apparent slow model release would be appreciated? This sort of gives us guys who are waiting for our orders ; some idea of the whole process. Thanks a lot !!

:happy feet: Welcome to this wonderful site....We are a bunch of helpful people.....Which year is yours?..... :shift:

:happy feet: Welcome to this wonderful site....We are a bunch of helpful people.....Which year is yours?..... :shift:

Just ordered a 2010 with my dealer as he had prices and allocation.

Our car is sch for March 23. I dont know how early this is and it could be pushed back. But this gives you and idea when production SHOULD start.

Remember Ford might build the cars in March and NOT release them for a few months after that. New models sometimes get built then HELD until they are ready to be released to the public.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the 2010

MM

Our car is sch for March 23. I dont know how early this is and it could be pushed back. But this gives you and idea when production SHOULD start.

Remember Ford might build the cars in March and NOT release them for a few months after that. New models sometimes get built then HELD until they are ready to be released to the public.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the 2010

MM

Thanks for the info. ON March 23 will it be a straight run of 500's or do they slip them the std. lineup. Mine was input Feb 2 ; they said for a MARCH - APRIL BUILD AND SAID I SHOULD SEE THE CAR SOMETIME IN MAY. MAKE SENSE ?? Also ; will a whipple fit under this new domed hood. I want to get to 625 hp. Any ideas ??

I ordered a 2010 on January 31st. The dealer called me February 5th and said it would be built in April with delivery sometime in May. Can't wait!

DID NOT YOU QUOTE ON ANOTHER THREAD THAT THE RUN MIGHT BE REDUECD AND PUT YOUR ORDER IN JEOPARDY ?

My order has already been made and is not in jeopardy. The dealer merely commented that the originally planned production run is being reduced.

Thanks for clarifying that. Wonder why Ford might do that since SVT is a good money maker for them and the interest in the 2010 gt 500 seems high ?

Thanks for the info. ON March 23 will it be a straight run of 500's or do they slip them the std. lineup. Mine was input Feb 2 ; they said for a MARCH - APRIL BUILD AND SAID I SHOULD SEE THE CAR SOMETIME IN MAY. MAKE SENSE ?? Also ; will a whipple fit under this new domed hood. I want to get to 625 hp. Any ideas ??

GT500s are built along with other Mustangs. They are not all built at the same time. I have been allocated 3 more GT500s for 2010, but dont know when they will build them.

MM

GT500s are built along with other Mustangs. They are not all built at the same time. I have been allocated 3 more GT500s for 2010, but dont know when they will build them.

MM

THANKS FOR BEING THE RESIDENT EXPERT. What is your guess on the et difference between a 07-09 an dthe new 2010 ?

THANKS FOR BEING THE RESIDENT EXPERT. What is your guess on the et difference between a 07-09 an dthe new 2010 ?

Your welcome but Im not near as smart as most of the guys on here.

Once Ford starts building the cars the only thing that holds them up is engines. They are hand built and can only make so many a day. I cant remember the number but Im sure someone will.

MM

Once Ford starts building the cars the only thing that holds them up is engines. They are hand built and can only make so many a day. I cant remember the number but Im sure someone will.

MM What I meant was 1/4 mile et in performance. I have not seen a 2010 gt 500 yet so am very interested in how it sounds( the you tube video is not that great ) , will a sc replacement fit under this new hood ; and does the Shelby snake boot up when the nav is started ? Any input appreciated. THANKS !

MM

I toured the Romeo Niche Line Engine Plant in Sept. I went to all 20 work stations and they explained the process. The 2 man team sees the motor thru from start to finish. They are not in a rush or hurry at all. Quality is what counts. Anyways it takes about 3 hours to build one motor. The area is not very big. I would say there is about 20 builders working on a given day. I bet they build 50 engines per day +/- a few.

I toured the Romeo Niche Line Engine Plant in Sept. I went to all 20 work stations and they explained the process. The 2 man team sees the motor thru from start to finish. They are not in a rush or hurry at all. Quality is what counts. Anyways it takes about 3 hours to build one motor. The area is not very big. I would say there is about 20 builders working on a given day. I bet they build 50 engines per day +/- a few.

Very cool info ! I am very excited about tthe silver/ black coupe I ordered up here in CANADA EVEN THOUGH OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW I SEE 3 FEET OF SNOW. Any further info is appreciated.

Im sorry I havent seen the car yet and I dont know any of the performance numbers besides HP

The nav is my 09 truck just boots up say SONY. It would be cool if it booted a cobra

MM

From another post

" A navigation screen that has the Cobra logo that scrolls across the screen, then it greeted me with a "good afternoon"

"

From another post

" A navigation screen that has the Cobra logo that scrolls across the screen, then it greeted me with a "good afternoon"

"

Great ! How soon before a magazine or someone drives one and gives us all a full report ?

Great ! How soon before a magazine or someone drives one and gives us all a full report ?

A TS member already has. See here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38419

I'm also going to the Chicago Auto show Monday, Feb 16. Taking my DORA sheet, see if that will get me anything...maybe sit in one? Worse they can do is say no.

A TS member already has. See here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38419

I'm also going to the Chicago Auto show Monday, Feb 16. Taking my DORA sheet, see if that will get me anything...maybe sit in one? Worse they can do is say no.

IT WOULD BE GREAT to hear of your visit after you return.

TRADITIONALLY,

OVER THE YEARS DATING BACK TO WHEN I ORDERED MY 1ST MUSTANG GT AND WORKED

AT THE DEABORN ASSEMBLY. WHERE THE 1ST MUSTANGS WERE ORIGINAL BUILT BEFORE MOVING THE

PLANT TO AUTO ALLIANCE IN FLAT ROCK MICHIGAN. FORD HAS USUALLY RELEASED THE NEW 2010

MODEL MUSTANGS IN THE START OF APRIL. HOWEVER,IT HAS BEEN PRETTY CLEAR ACCORDING TO

THE PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS AT AUTO ALLIANCE THAT THE NEW MODELS WILL BE BUILT AS

EARLY AS MARCH 09.

TRADITIONALLY,

OVER THE YEARS DATING BACK TO WHEN I ORDERED MY 1ST MUSTANG GT AND WORKED

AT THE DEABORN ASSEMBLY. WHERE THE 1ST MUSTANGS WERE ORIGINAL BUILT BEFORE MOVING THE

PLANT TO AUTO ALLIANCE IN FLAT ROCK MICHIGAN. FORD HAS USUALLY RELEASED THE NEW 2010

MODEL MUSTANGS IN THE START OF APRIL. HOWEVER,IT HAS BEEN PRETTY CLEAR ACCORDING TO

THE PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS AT AUTO ALLIANCE THAT THE NEW MODELS WILL BE BUILT AS

EARLY AS MARCH 09.

Would you know how often they put a 500 in the " build stream " of the mustangs on this date.Do they wait until they have 50 ; then do 500's and then return to the std. mustang as an example.? I have seen DORA SHEETS since Dec 12/08 . Wondering how long the list of 500's waiting actually is. Thanks !!

Archived