TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Please help!!!

matyellott

Hello all great stuff from grabber and the others, my question is this my 2009 GT500 (bulid date 08/08) has some cluth chatter when I let off of the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear, the gears are grabbing cleanly, however there is a noticable clicking type sound when I let off the gas. My car has 1,200 miles on it. Do I have the TSB issue? I passed the "Hiss Test"

I reckon everyone is getting very skittish about this issue. I now I am. I don't have a problem yet though, but it is somewhat nerve racking. Kinda like waiting for that dud grenade buried in the back yard to go off.... will it, won't, will it, won't. I tried to get a responsible answer from the dealer that sold me my 2009 and didn't get what I considered an honest and customer friendly reply--I hoped that at least they would offer me the parts at cost and I do the work on my own (now way I can get a warranty job as I have the car outside the USA). The dodge dealer I know here said there is about a 40% markup on dealer parts to the customers. But if it seems that the majority of pre August 2009 Shelby's had this problem then I think Ford should advise the dealers to help.

Then again, we are in the "market crisis/car manufacturers bailout period". Easy to blow that kind of thing off. Ford should show their loyalty to this select group of customers that will continue to purchase this type of car.

My 2c.

Dan.

I reckon everyone is getting very skittish about this issue. I now I am. I don't have a problem yet though, but it is somewhat nerve racking. Kinda like waiting for that dud grenade buried in the back yard to go off.... will it, won't, will it, won't. I tried to get a responsible answer from the dealer that sold me my 2009 and didn't get what I considered an honest and customer friendly reply--I hoped that at least they would offer me the parts at cost and I do the work on my own (now way I can get a warranty job as I have the car outside the USA). The dodge dealer I know here said there is about a 40% markup on dealer parts to the customers. But if it seems that the majority of pre August 2009 Shelby's had this problem then I think Ford should advise the dealers to help.

Then again, we are in the "market crisis/car manufacturers bailout period". Easy to blow that kind of thing off. Ford should show their loyalty to this select group of customers that will continue to purchase this type of car.

My 2c.

Dan.

This whole thing has got me so paranoid, I'm hearing symptoms of the TSB in my Yaris (daily driver) - and it's an automatic!!!!

:headscratch:

This whole thing has got me so paranoid, I'm hearing symptoms of the TSB in my Yaris (daily driver) - and it's an automatic!!!!

The clutch issue seems to take up about 20 percent of the discsussions on this and other sites- when the 2010 shelby hits the streets with a new improved car and clutch system the grumbles will go on but I bet the 2010 system passes all the tests- The economy has taken me out of the spending mood and I am not sure of the new body style from the rear however I think they have a great car suspension wise and horsepower wise and last but not least corrected the clutch problem. The 2007-2009 shelby ceramic clutch is a hassle to drive. All you can do is get the tsb done and hope for the best- I grumble everytime this clutch decides it is grabby time and whenever possible I show it no mercy- I stopped being paranoid when I knew there was nothing I could do about it once the tsb was done but drive the car and wait it out- and drive the car I do- now the car is paranoid.

I agree, I'm going to stop worrying about this, when it fails, if it fails, then I lay the documentation on the dealer and get it done. Till then I am sick and tired of worrying about this, it got to the point that I was imagining every shudder, every thing to do with my shifting was the dreaded clutch drag. I just drive the hell out of the thing and smile that big smile we all have when we hit it and this thing pulls like a freight train. That's why I laid down the 50K and every day I get my monies worth.

Nuff Said

post-22339-1233937621_thumb.jpg

post-22339-1233937621_thumb.jpg

Now thats funny...

For you guys that drive this car on hills and have to stop and go on them. I don't know how you do it.

Just my .02cents, but at 1000 miles on mine I'd had enough and said I've got to fix/improve the engagement of the clutch.

I had the 3:73 gears installed and the FRPP CAI and love it now.

It does not fix every bit of the engagement issue, it is a dual disk ceramic/metallic clutch.

The TSB is about the Improved design flywheel, clutch is still the same, which is a great clutch for High HP demands.

Now next issue, will the 2010 clutch interchange into the 07-09 GT500's who just want smoother engagement?

(2010's will have 3:55 gears to help too)

GUYS, I HAVE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE ABOUT THIS CLUTCH TSB ; IT IS A UPSETTING THING .

HOWEVER, I DECIDED THAT WHEN I BOUGHT MY GT500 THAT I WAS GOING TO DRIVE THIS

BAD BOY. SO I TAKE IT OUT AND HAVE MY FUN. I TAKE IT OUT AND GO TO THE

DRAGSTRIP TO DECIMATE THE COMPETITION. I TAKE IT OUT TO SHOW IT OFF TO THE WOMEN

IN TOWN. I TAKE IT OUT AND DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL FREE AND

YOUNG AGAIN , LIKE IN 1968. :hysterical:

SO NOW THAT I HAVE HAD MY CLUTCH REPLACED UNDER THE TSB. THERE IS

NO MORE WORRING OR COMPLAINING. I JUST ENJOY AND IF THE CLUTCH BURNS OUT I WILL BUY A

NEW ONE AND STILL KEEP ON HAVING MY FUN ALL ALONG NOT WORRING ABOUT A

FRICKIN $ 600.00 CLUTCH.

IN CLOSING, FORGET ABOUT IT !!! GO OUT AND HAVE YOUR FUN !!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

GUYS, I HAVE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE ABOUT THIS CLUTCH TSB ; IT IS A UPSETTING THING .

HOWEVER, I DECIDED THAT WHEN I BOUGHT MY GT500 THAT I WAS GOING TO DRIVE THIS

BAD BOY. SO I TAKE IT OUT AND HAVE MY FUN. I TAKE IT OUT AND GO TO THE

DRAGSTRIP TO DECIMATE THE COMPETITION. I TAKE IT OUT TO SHOW IT OFF TO THE WOMEN

IN TOWN. I TAKE IT OUT AND DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL FREE AND

YOUNG AGAIN , LIKE IN 1968. :hysterical:

SO NOW THAT I HAVE HAD MY CLUTCH REPLACED UNDER THE TSB. THERE IS

NO MORE WORRING OR COMPLAINING. I JUST ENJOY AND IF THE CLUTCH BURNS OUT I WILL BUY A

NEW ONE AND STILL KEEP ON HAVING MY FUN ALL ALONG NOT WORRING ABOUT A

FRICKIN $ 600.00 CLUTCH.

IN CLOSING, FORGET ABOUT IT !!! GO OUT AND HAVE YOUR FUN !!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:happy feet: :shift: :happy feet:

Yup, no choice but to drive it and find out? I know there are some higher-milers out there that aren't having any issues with the clutch/trans. Mine has 12,500 on it and it's doing fine, nothing to be crazed about. But still... I feel like I'm the Boogy Monster checking under my bed every night for Chuck Norris. You can't see him but you know he's there.... it's just a matter of TIME. And when he comes out? He comes OUT.

Gabe

I had what was called a bad install on the TSB and they had to replace the tranny immediately afterwards. Now the shifting is not near as smooth (about 500 miles on it) and it like it hits a knuckle going into each gear, and almost a little grind, but not really grinding...anyone have that going on?

Yup, no choice but to drive it and find out? I know there are some higher-milers out there that aren't having any issues with the clutch/trans. Mine has 12,500 on it and it's doing fine, nothing to be crazed about. But still... I feel like I'm the Boogy Monster checking under my bed every night for Chuck Norris. You can't see him but you know he's there.... it's just a matter of TIME. And when he comes out? He comes OUT.

Gabe

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

There are no weapons of mass destruction in our trannies.....chuck norris lives in oklahoma.

25k. No problems.

I think the secret is to drive it in the rain and let it get dirty once in a while.

Actually, I think the trick is just keep your foot off the far left pedal. I've ridden with a few folks, and they take five times as long to get their foot off the clutch as me, especially in traffic.

Archived