TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Obama, For DDT and Jeffsheretoo

"Obama said the top priority of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships will be "making community groups an integral part of our economy recovery and poverty a burden fewer have to bear when recovery is complete."

I guess he will find a way to TAX them.................

"Obama said the top priority of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships will be "making community groups an integral part of our economy recovery and poverty a burden fewer have to bear when recovery is complete."

I guess he will find a way to TAX them.................

Well, I think this is a positive move. What actually happens, I dont know. These groups have long helped the poor. I hope he means to strengthen that

Which means it's probably a good middle ground proposal!

Some people here made fun of the President's "Community Organizer" experience but that taught him how important local churches and church based charities and programs are to a community. They're able to reach people in far greater numbers often than any government program. All he is doing is giving them the tools and funds to continue their work while walking the separation tight rope.

The only way this nation works is when neither party gets everything they want and people compromise. While other governments have come and gone this one has lasted centuries because we agree to disagree compromise and move on.

I like this approach very much

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090205/ap_on_...ama_faith_based

Not sure his liberal buddies will though

I don't buy it for a minute. One of the Liberals primary goals is to eradicate truth and religion. This may just be another step in that direction.

By the way, the mythical and mis-defined "separation of church and state" argument is really getting old!!

Which means it's probably a good middle ground proposal!

Some people here made fun of the President's "Community Organizer" experience but that taught him how important local churches and church based charities and programs are to a community. They're able to reach people in far greater numbers often than any government program. All he is doing is giving them the tools and funds to continue their work while walking the separation tight rope.

The only way this nation works is when neither party gets everything they want and people compromise. While other governments have come and gone this one has lasted centuries because we agree to disagree compromise and move on.

Did not the left criticize Bush for funding faith based initiaitves? I seem to recall some threads and posts about separation of church and state. I guess it is somehow different this time. I keep forgetting.

Did not the left criticize Bush for funding faith based initiaitves? I seem to recall some threads and posts about separation of church and state. I guess it is somehow different this time. I keep forgetting.

Bush, to many, overstepped the bounds with many of his programs, which isn't to say they were all bad! What I find funny is the right all angry that Obama is doing anything. Stinks when the opposition not only beats you but steals your playbook! :happy feet:

I'm sooooo looking forward to the mid-terms!

Bush, to many, overstepped the bounds with many of his programs, which isn't to say they were all bad! What I find funny is the right all angry that Obama is doing anything. Stinks when the opposition not only beats you but steals your playbook! :happy feet:

I'm sooooo looking forward to the mid-terms!

:hysterical:

Thats when the rest of the "GOP" gets fired?????????????

Archived