TEAM SHELBY FORUM

price and/or ADM

CoopersShelby

I suspect Dealers will ask more for the first ones but if you wait a few months price will come down if the economy doesn't do an about face. If I sell mine I will bank the money and wait for a $500 to $1K over invoice price . The longer I have to wait for a deal the less over invoice I will be willing to pay.

I am actually happy that msrp can be had at this time. In the northeast where I am from prices are still over sticker even on the leftovers.

I think the price is about fair for what you get so I am content paying msrp but I certainly wouldn't refuse a cheaper price.

I completely agree. Let's remember this car sold for thousands more 12-18 months ago. This is a new improved version - mechanically speaking (I think it looks better, but that's debatable). If you think this car is going to sell for $1,000 over invoice anytime soon I wouldn't count on it. I think it still has a fairly high demand even with the economy going down the tubes. For example, look at what the '08 is still going for. Are you going to wait till 2012 to get a 2010 for what the '08 is going for? Is there's going to be a '12, and what's going to happen to the prices when/if they decide to not make any more GT500's?

The dealership I work for is offering 2010 GT500's at MSRP. No ADM's of any kind on anything. Our '09's went for MSRP early on, then fell to a few grand below MSRP by the end of the model year. Same may happen for 2010 depending on the market, but if you want an early car, MSRP is probably more than fair for a 2010.

Archived