TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's being unveiled tonight?

2006GT500

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I find myself looking at the video and photos about every 1/2 hour :yahoo:

It doesn't seem right deep down, :confused:

I have always recycled my cans and used the extra cash as play money towards my hobbies. At today's aluminum prices, this car is worth about 10 million 12 oz beer cans.

Shall we get started??!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :hysterical:

I think it is a great move.

Well done to the team at Shelby, Amy et all !!!

I think shelby need to get some performance cars competing on the track and this is a just a start.

Its all about building on the brand. Shelby have a superb package with the Super Snake and they are

maxing out the value of the work done on the Kenne bell super charger as well.

I love the SGT's as much as my car, i would really love to have the extra cash to have a SGT

in my garage more as a daily driver. I also hope one day Shelby bring out the GT 350, it makes

sense with where the industry is heading.

But lets get these cars out on the track, back to the roots of the shelby legacy.

I took my car out last week to the track nd had some fun, got another session next week and the

Mustang Club Victoria Drag races in 4 weeks, looking forward to letting her rip.

This is what you are supposed to do with these cars, Drive them and enjoy them.

Price is a out of my league, but i congradulate shelby for making the move on the Prudhomme.

Guest markham51
$100k plus a gt500. Hmmmm, I don't have that kind of scratch laying around unless.....

Anybody know how much a kidney would go for at today's market prices? :hysterical:

I think you might have to grow a couple more! :hysterical:

The LAST Photo in the Article, shows Two Guys putting the Front End on. The Hood and the Fenders are Molded together. Is that how the actual Production Models will be?

I believe the article said it would have a tilt front end, and it looks different from the standard GT500 front, so I'm bettin it will be...

I think it is a great move.

Well done to the team at Shelby, Amy et all !!!

I think shelby need to get some performance cars competing on the track and this is a just a start.

Its all about building on the brand. Shelby have a superb package with the Super Snake and they are

maxing out the value of the work done on the Kenne bell super charger as well.

I love the SGT's as much as my car, i would really love to have the extra cash to have a SGT

in my garage more as a daily driver. I also hope one day Shelby bring out the GT 350, it makes

sense with where the industry is heading.

But lets get these cars out on the track, back to the roots of the shelby legacy.

I took my car out last week to the track nd had some fun, got another session next week and the

Mustang Club Victoria Drag races in 4 weeks, looking forward to letting her rip.

This is what you are supposed to do with these cars, Drive them and enjoy them.

Price is a out of my league, but i congradulate shelby for making the move on the Prudhomme.

+1

It's quite obvious that it's easier to make a quick buck off the same people willing to drop $30K+ on an SS upfit in the first place, than it is pandering to the people that wouldn't spend $40K on the entire car (assuming anyone buys into this package).

They might make as much money with these 100 drag packages and the 427's than they did selling thousands of SGT's, IMO.

I agree with your opinion of SAI's business model, for the most part. I don't agree that offering an upfit for the SGT doesn't make good, long term business sense. Their offerings don't seem very diversified these days. With this thing's announcement, the SGTR's recent debut, the 427 and so on, there is a very clear pattern of extremely expensive Mustang "packages" being offered at extremely limited runs (with very little meat added to the ponies, IMO). $$$ for low #'s. That's it. Is that sustainable?

Ken

Guys, we will have a new upfit package for all 4.6 mustangs soon. everything takes time, we have to plan and build cars at the same time. This Prudhomme car is a real upgrade, a complete upgrade to the gt500. The hood tilts forward and it is street legal. it can be raced or driven on the streets. If you haven't seen the DP edition in person, you can't really comment, we redid that whole body.

We do have a SC upgrade for the SGT, and we will offer a new kit shortly. This prudhomme car is very limited, we do cars like this to show what Shelby can do. All Shelby's are great, I drive a SGT-C daily. We also need to more accross the board, and that is why we added the limited to 37 track gt-R.

Guys, we will have a new upfit package for all 4.6 mustangs soon. everything takes time, we have to plan and build cars at the same time. This Prudhomme car is a real upgrade, a complete upgrade to the gt500. The hood tilts forward and it is street legal. it can be raced or driven on the streets. If you haven't seen the DP edition in person, you can't really comment, we redid that whole body.

We do have a SC upgrade for the SGT, and we will offer a new kit shortly. This prudhomme car is very limited, we do cars like this to show what Shelby can do. All Shelby's are great, I drive a SGT-C daily. We also need to more accross the board, and that is why we added the limited to 37 track gt-R.

:happy feet: :shift: :happy feet:

I like the concept of the car but think the three port intake, made to look like the dragster or funny car injector intake, looks funky and just doesn't seem to fit the cars design lines. Anyone else out here feel the same about that part of the car? I am happy though that they have given Don his due by putting his name on this car. He was a great driver and is a great team owner and genuine nice guy.

This is great news. I can't wait to see what the new kit looks like! Thanks for the update Amy.

Ken

Awesome!!!

When I was a kid my dad was an Army recruiter and we always went into the Pits at the drags. Don P was about as cool as you could get to me when I was a kid. I did get to meet him once and he was super cool. I think this car is Bad to the Bone!! LOVE the tilt front end!!!!!

Great job SAI!!!! Keep on rocking!!!!

Archived