TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I AM THE BIGGEST LOSER !!!

In Sept. 2008, Ten of us guys at work decided try and lose some body fat and get in shape. We all signed up for a 20 week contest and agreed to each put in $100 bucks. We all weighed in on a scale that measures body fat. Every month the person that lost the most percentage of their ORIGINAL Body Fat reading would win $125 bucks. The other $500 bucks would be awarded at the end of the 20 week contest to the over all BIGGEST LOSER.

20 weeks ago the scale at work said that my body was 28% FAT. :huh:

Today my body is 18% FAT. happy%20feet.gif

It was allot of hard work, but today at work I was congratulated on holding the title "The BIGGEST LOSER" !!!!

The money comes at a perfect time too.

MiscPhotos3031.jpg

MiscPhotos3033.jpg

I forgot to tell you that I won the October $125 prize too !! happy%20feet.gif

MiscPhotos3036.jpg

.....and I won the Nov. Prize of $125 dollars.happy%20feet.gif

MiscPhotos3038.jpg

The Dec. and Jan prizes went to two other contenders. However they could not catch my over all lead, SO THE $500 WAS MINE !!! :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes you are :hysterical3:

and way to go, Rob.......you've certainly earned it :happy feet: now go get some pie

After the 12 noon weigh in today...I treated myself to a mexican lunch. Yes I ate the entire bowl of chips and salsa befor my lunch came. It hit the spot.

Tana made pasta and meatballs for dinner tonight which was yummy. I had some almonds for a snack afterwards.

Now that the contest is over...It's time to put a few pounds back on.....in muscle. B)

I'm hitting the gym in the morning before work. :)

Congrats Rob

Thanks Chris. It was allot of hard work.

I worked out everyday for the 20 weeks except the 4 days I was at the CS86 Bash. Mostly running 5 miles before work every day, and some evening work outs in the gym.

Here's my progress report out:

Weight Tracking Results from home scale

9/26/08 - 188 pounds & 28.8% Body Fat

10/5/08 - 184 Pounds

10/12/08 - 184 pounds

10/19/08 - 179 pounds

10/26/08 - 176 pounds

11/2/08 - 174 pounds

11/9/08 - 173 pounds

11/16/08 - 172 pounds

11/23/08 - 172.2 pounds & 23.3% Body Fat

11/30/08 - 169.6 pounds & 22.6% Body Fat

12/7/08 - 169.0 pounds & 22.7% Body Fat

12/14/08 - 171.0 pounds & 22.9% Body Fat

12/21/08 - 168.6 pounds & 22.7% Body Fat

12/28/08 - 170.4 pounds & 23.8% Body Fat

1/4/09 - 166.2 pounds & 21.8% Body Fat

1/12/09 - 167.4 pounds & 24.9% Body Fat

1/18/09 - 163.0 pounds & 21.0% Body Fat

1/25/09 - 165.4 pounds & 21.8% Body Fat

2/1/09 - 163.6 pounds & 21.1% Body Fat

What was the second place body fat?

Keep in mind that to win you must lose the most percentage of your original percentage.

I lost 48% of my original percentage reading. The 2nd place guy lost 38.8 percent of his original body fat reading. I don't recal what his body fat reading for his intire body was.

This type of contest makes it even for everyone, even know some have a bunch of fat to lose and others just had a little. This is why I won the first 2 monthly pots, after that...I did not have as much monthly fat to lose and it was harder to trim the stomac fat and love handles on my lower back. However...they are gone now, :happy feet: and I'm wearing the same size Levis 501's that I wore in High School - 34/34.

Congrats.........................I would like to loose about 40 to 60 Pounds. I am 219 now and want to get back down to about 165. I am 5'9". My bigest problem is I only like a few foods and hate most (85%) Veggies.

Hi Grabber,

I want to say CONGRATS that is a huge accomplishment. I myself have gained 40 pounds over the last 3 years. Ever since my daughter was born I have spent less time at the gym and more time hanging with her which is time well spent but now I can feel the problems that the extra weight has caused. Recently Savannah started to like the day care at the gym so Sarah and I have made a commitment to make it there at least 3 times a week. Its hell when a person gains alot of weight; it virtually makes it impossible to get motivated to work out but then all of a sudden a light bulb turns on and you realize that you must workout and loose the body fat to have a good quality of life. I'm sure you feel 10 years younger. I also wanted to say I was proud of Tana when I heard that she got her black belt. Again this is a huge deal so congrats.

Chad

Congrats.........................I would like to loose about 40 to 60 Pounds. I am 219 now and want to get back down to about 165. I am 5'9". My bigest problem is I only like a few foods and hate most (85%) Veggies.

Im not much of a veggie eater either. Look at this website and let me know what you think. A friend of mine started it. Its a powder you put into a bottle of water. Gives you all the fruits and veggies for the day.

www.zoegetics.com

Let me know what you think.

It is a multi level company, but you dont have to sign up to get the drink mix.

MM

Looking at your weight chart, I noticed you lost 10 lbs during the holidays (Nov 26 - Jan 4).

That alone is pretty amazing... how many of us can say that? Well done!

Wonder how many tenths quicker I can go at the track by dropping 30 lbs?

Keith

Hi Grabber,

I want to say CONGRATS that is a huge accomplishment. I myself have gained 40 pounds over the last 3 years. Ever since my daughter was born I have spent less time at the gym and more time hanging with her which is time well spent but now I can feel the problems that the extra weight has caused. Recently Savannah started to like the day care at the gym so Sarah and I have made a commitment to make it there at least 3 times a week. Its hell when a person gains alot of weight; it virtually makes it impossible to get motivated to work out but then all of a sudden a light bulb turns on and you realize that you must workout and loose the body fat to have a good quality of life. I'm sure you feel 10 years younger. I also wanted to say I was proud of Tana when I heard that she got her black belt. Again this is a huge deal so congrats.

Chad

Chad,

You can do it....go after it and make it a priority. The feeling in your body is sooooooo worth it. Being able to do little things with ease is such a pleasure. Bending over to put on your shoes and socks for example with no strain at all. Being fit gives one confidence in ones self too. One of the things that I am really looking forward to is this Spring and Summer when it gets hot outside - being way more comfortable. When I'm heavy, I sweat more in the heat and feel all hot and uncomfortable. When I'm lean and in shape....the hot weather is very bearable.

This morning I went to the gym before work and did 1 hour of cardio in the precore eliptical trainer and then 45 minutes of weight lifting and abs - 400 crunchs in 100 crunch sets is now not that hard to do. When I started...I could barely do 25.

Tana is now training for her 1st degree in her black belt quest.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Please post some before pictures so others who may be overwieght can see what hard work and dedication can do for them.

Back in 2001 I weighed 238LBS and couldn't stand it anymore so I started Yoga and kickboxing at the gym and lost 43LBS within a year. At age 30 I was actually in the best shape of my life I could stand on my head all day long if I wanted then I lost focus on exercise as my business expanded and my daughter came bouncing into my life but your right I can do it again and will do it again. I now weigh 245 I'm 6'4 my goal is to reach 200 again and stay there.

I'm glad you posted this becuase I know there are a ton of Shelby folks that need to do the same thing you did and all they need is a little inspiration.

Chad

Congratulations Rob, That is fantastic. Like everything you do you do it to the max! Watch out Team Members I think he is going for the "Team Shelby Hunk of The Year Award". :superhero: And perhaps a calendar shoot.

Maybe a Grabber Orange Speedo for a summer shoot. :hysterical:

Grabber I'm inspired..

I'm 285lbs. but I'm also 6'6". I've been recovering from major ankle surgery over the last 3 months and the pain still has to be managed. Just started walking again a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get back to the gym after PT is over.

Major ankle surgery = 2 Orthopedic Surgeons that keep the S.F. Giants and 49ers in good order. It took both of them 5.5 hours to rebuild my ankle. Six incisions, including one over 10" long. Insurance costs were $105K.

Colin

post-22916-1233868670_thumb.jpg

Archived