TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally. . . tomorrow is the day!

CobraCrazy

:happy feet: Heading North (450 miles) and picking up my vistablue with tungsten stripes coupe tomorrow! :happy feet:

CC

Congrats CobraCrazy!

You probably will not get a lot of sleep tonight as I did not 2 weeks ago. What a great day that was

as tomorrow will be for you. I drove mine back about 200 miles from my dealer and if you are going to

drive yours back, that will probably be the best ride ever. Have Fun! post pics

Well the Shelby Stang is home! I drove 760 miles to Wyoming yesterday: 390 in a rented toyota corolla that smelled like BO and had no brakes to speak of--my penitence before entering the Holy Land I suppose. Small dealer would be an understatement, but good people. The bad news--a bit of a ding on the lower driver's side front bumper and a razor thin but visable scratch on the hood, mostly across the stripe-- my dealer said I could have it repaired here in CO, send him the bill and Ford would make good--also I ordered without side stripes and guess what--yep, it has side stripes, but as it turns out I kind of like them, so I guess I'll let that go. Also it had 25 miles on it--my saleman said they had to drive it that much to complete the prep--yea right.

But any way, all in all, not impressed with Ford and all the screw-ups, scratches, hassles, delays, etc.

Happy with my dealer and salesman (Worland Ford--Chad Jones) because they were honest, charged me 5k over, but didn't try to weasel out of it when some guy offered them another 15k for my car, keep in touch, were very excited about the car (we took it over to the chevy dealer and gave them some good natured grief) and so on.

As for the car--vista blue-tungsten stripe--absolutely beautiful, gorgeous--really, really pleased with that combo. The 6sp took a bit of time to adjust to. The power of the beast is subtle, not way gnarly, brawny just as the critics have described, but heading home across Wyoming on a two-lane highway, under a full moon, the first time I downshifted into fourth to pass some guy doing 60 in a 65 . . . well forgive me, but the word that comes to mind is orgasm.

Anyway, more impressions and pics soon! Thanks everyone for your support, great info, and for putting up with my whining as I waited. Hope all of you still waiting get good news SOON! :party:

CC

I am sorry to hear about the scratch and ding. I feel your pain. Find the best shop around and get it healed up. Some careless idiot did it. Glad you like the side stripes, they look cool. Let us know how the repair turns out and what it costs Ford.

I am sorry to hear about the scratch and ding. I feel your pain. Find the best shop around and get it healed up. Some careless idiot did it. Glad you like the side stripes, they look cool. Let us know how the repair turns out and what it costs Ford.

Thanks Rob--I'm on cloud nine! :bandance:

Great news CC . Glad you finally got it home. Too bad about the scratch hope it 's taken care of for you . Can't wait to see some pics of it.

My build date was about 2-1/2 weeks after yours, I guess that means I have at least 2 more weeks to go. Going to be a lo...ng 2 weeks.

Stock up :tequila: the wait doesn't get any better.........er, time will pass so fast you wont even notice :tease:

Archived