TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 gt500 production numbers ?

Ferrarokid

Just my opinion, the 09's are simply 08's with a 9 in the VIN. None of the 09's were built in 09. I would not consider an 09 because of a "lower production number", it simply isn't true. OK, flame suit on.

Yes 09s are carry over of 08s, but they do have a the 9 in the VIN which makes it different. Not flaming you at all, but think a different year makes it a different car. No difference in 07 to 08.

MM

I talked to John at Ford Performance and he said that they had received the 2009 numbers but they still have to digest/input them. Expect no earlier than the end of February for the GT-500 break out and certificates available around May/June.

Yes 09s are carry over of 08s, but they do have a the 9 in the VIN which makes it different. Not flaming you at all, but think a different year makes it a different car. No difference in 07 to 08.

MM

I guess it doesn't really matter to much. The 010's will fall into the same category, all being made in 09. I really don't understand why Ford would not want to call the 09 or 010 models what they are? I would guess allot of the model year designation decisions were based on the best possible marketing strategies, and who can blame anyone for giving a product the best possible chance?

The 70 Shelby's were identified like this too, but they were actually sold new in 1970 and later.

• 4 months later...
I talked to John at Ford Performance and he said that they had received the 2009 numbers but they still have to digest/input them. Expect no earlier than the end of February for the GT-500 break out and certificates available around May/June.

Any updates to this question? it is now mid June.

I keep hearing its coming its coming but am getting a little tired of waiting since the 10s are on the showrooms.

Any updates to this question? it is now mid June.

I keep hearing its coming its coming but am getting a little tired of waiting since the 10s are on the showrooms.

I ordered my certificate this morning and I was told there were 3004 coupes built for model year 2009 (or something close to that - sorry, I wrote it down at work) and I read somewhere there was about 554ish verts.

• 2 months later...
I ordered my certificate this morning and I was told there were 3004 coupes built for model year 2009 (or something close to that - sorry, I wrote it down at work) and I read somewhere there was about 554ish verts.

I just saw a 2009 Vapor vert on ebay that states it is #555 of #555 verts and #71 of #71 in Vapor.

Wish I would have seen that one before I purchased mine 3 weeks ago.

Archived