TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Daughters GT500!!

Went for a little shake down cruise today. I noticed that my cotter pins were installed a bit wide on the rear axles so I shimmed the wheels in with some washers. No biggie though as they are covered by a cap. I still have to install the grill with cobra and some other odds and ends to get my current efforts done, then on to the electical mods!

Here are some pics of my shelby girls in training!!!

100_3716.JPG

100_3718.JPG

100_3720.JPG

100_3721.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Supercharged my girls GT500 today! Added another 6 volt battery in series to take it from 12 to 18 volts. Car is faster for sure. Enough that she has to get used to it sliding around corners. The red six volt battery was placed behind the seat so it still looks relatively stock. Here is a quick vid!

Great job

What did you use to paint the car?

Did it require a lot of prep?

I have been looking for a blue w/white for quite a while now and may have to paint one for my granddaughter

I have never been able to find a blue one either. They stopped making them some time ago I think.

I used Krylon Fusion plastic paint but if I was going to do vista blue then I would probably go to a paint shop, have them mix up some to match and put the flexible additive in it to paint on plastic and them load it into spray cans. I used about 6 cans on my car and painted everything over and under. All pieces were completely dissasembled. I also found one on craigslist for cheap but it was beat up. For a primo job I would buy new.

To prep just scuff all surfaces with a scotchbright pad, wipe with a bees wax cloth to catch all dust and spray. Lots of frequent light coats works best. No runs. If you have other questions feel free to contact me. I will shoot you my number via PM.

Very nice! I'll have to try that battery trick to boost my daughter's Jeep. Since I live on a farm, the plastic tires didn't work well, so I removed those and modified the axles to take neumatic rubber tires so that it can go over the dirt better. You did a great job. Looks like your daughter has some drifting moves going!

Very nice! I'll have to try that battery trick to boost my daughter's Jeep. Since I live on a farm, the plastic tires didn't work well, so I removed those and modified the axles to take neumatic rubber tires so that it can go over the dirt better. You did a great job. Looks like your daughter has some drifting moves going!

Be careful. Since you modified the axles for better traction you will be adding more stress on the gearboxes. You could strip them out. That said... I would go for it!

Archived