TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Daughters GT500!!

After a friend of mine asked me to put stripes his powerwheels I decided it was time to make a GT500 for my two daughters (since they love my black vert so much!) This has been a labor of love so I thought I would share.

Here is what the vehicle looked like before I started working on it. Found it used on Craigslist.

newproject.JPG

And here is the current view... Still have to finish up the grill and fender emblems. Paint a few more things and put on a few more decals. Mainly odds and ends for round 1 of mods. Next I will start working on the electrical and power mods, but I wanted to get it back together so the kids can enjoy it for a while. I will update this as I move on with the project.

100_3671.JPG

100_3672.JPG

100_3673.JPG

100_3674.JPG

100_3675.JPG

100_3676.JPG

100_3677.JPG

100_3679.JPG

100_3680.JPG

awsome...now thats COOL!!!!!!!!

will you put a kenne bell on this one too :peelout::peelout::yup::yup:

Yes - so to speak. I will be bumping it up from 12VDC to 18VDC. I could go to 24VDC but then you start ripping up gear boxes.

Uh, I can see how a 40's-ish single guy that lives with his parents has time for that kind of thing, but you're a DAD! How do you do it?? After Cheer camp practice for her and TaeKwonDo practice for him then homework then dinner then... I barely have time for Dad's Shelby (which needs to have the two new fuel pumps installed that have been sitting in the box for 2+ weeks :( ) You must be better with your time than me. BTW it came out sweet, are you still gonna let them play with it? :lol:

Alan

Only one small mod today. Got tired of the plastic tail pipes so I covered them with some aluminum tape and made new black decals for the center. Now they are shiny!

100_3707.JPG

100_3709.JPG

100_3710.JPG

Looks like you need new tires already. Yeah if you bump it up to 24 volts I bet you will need a wheely bar.

Archived