TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Ann Pkg and Accessories/Message To AmyB

Cobra Boy

After reading the other thread with all of the replies I felt the need to sound off a bit. I have looked at the new "extras" offered by Shelby. As far as the floor mats and the "ID Plate" go, these are things I felt the car should have had in the first place, even if it was built at a Ford facility. Personally, I think I will leave mine stock and appreciate it for what it is. As far as all the speculation goes about the collectibiliy of the car....If this car goes down in history as "the most powerful factory produced mustang ever with Carroll Shelby's name on it" we might as well forget about id plates, registries, and respect from the "Shelby" community and settle for the fact that we just own really expensive mustangs.

However, is eveyone can be patient and try not to stress (I myself am guilty), time will reveal that hopefully the GT500 will be regarded as a re-emergence of a legacy that the average man can get hold of. Not many of us can afford a 67 GT500 and we never will be able to. So we have to take what we can and realize that our cars will not be worth $250,000 the first, fifth, or tenth year we own them. They may never be worth that but no one can say for sure.

I am a little disappointed in some of the appointments of the car from the factory but I have no intention of making major changes to something I think is so cool.

I appreciate the fact that Amy from Shelby stops by here and participates.

One last message to Amy before I go:

Amy please understand that many of us that own the new GT500 are working class stiffs that have worked hard to have an opportunity to own something we have dreamed of. We are all just concerned that our investment will go unnoticed in the history books and that we can proudly say that we own a "real" Shelby mustang. Thank you for lending us your ears and we'll try not to be whiners.

Cobra Boy

shelby_lo_res.jpg

shelby_lo_res.jpg

After reading the other thread with all of the replies I felt the need to sound off a bit. I have looked at the new "extras" offered by Shelby. As far as the floor mats and the "ID Plate" go, these are things I felt the car should have had in the first place, even if it was built at a Ford facility. Personally, I think I will leave mine stock and appreciate it for what it is. As far as all the speculation goes about the collectibiliy of the car....If this car goes down in history as "the most powerful factory produced mustang ever with Carroll Shelby's name on it" we might as well forget about id plates, registries, and respect from the "Shelby" community and settle for the fact that we just own really expensive mustangs.

However, is eveyone can be patient and try not to stress (I myself am guilty), time will reveal that hopefully the GT500 will be regarded as a re-emergence of a legacy that the average man can get hold of. Not many of us can afford a 67 GT500 and we never will be able to. So we have to take what we can and realize that our cars will not be worth $250,000 the first, fifth, or tenth year we own them. They may never be worth that but no one can say for sure.

I am a little disappointed in some of the appointments of the car from the factory but I have no intention of making major changes to something I think is so cool.

Amy please understand that many of us that own the new GT500 are working class stiffs that have worked hard to have an opportunity to own something we have dreamed of. We are all just ocncerned that our investment won't go unnoticed in the history books and that we can proudly say that we own a "real" Shelby mustang. Thank you for lending us your ears and we'll try not to be whiners.

Cobra Boy

After reading your comments, I just realized something very important to me. Because I am hoping that I never sell the 07 GT500, the dollar value does not mean a thing exept for insuring the puppy. If someone told me that I can have a 67 or an 07 on one condition, you can't sell it. I would keep the 07. $ Numbers mean squawt to me. I am also very happy that Ford is producing 9000 units this year alone, that is a lot of sh-t eating grins. This is just my opinion and 2 cents.

Now to get back on track, Amy says they have 3000 names on the list for the 40th package, does this mean SA will do as many as they can, or just the 1000 advertized number? Would Ford consider making the ID Plate for the dash and all the different members or at least any one member of the SVT team could sign them , I would buy one! That would be way cool!

cobreboy ;

Amy B really has no input regarding the Registry that I know of. If you contact S.A.A.C you can register your 07SHELBY`. The contact for 07 ` Shelby registry is Peter Larkin & his e-mail address is newregistrar@saac.com.

Yes-- The 07 SHElBy is a true "SHELBY' & willbe in the SHELBY registry.

Only problem willbe it is up to each owner to send the info about their vehicle .

Amy please understand that many of us that own the new GT500 are working class stiffs that have worked hard to have an opportunity to own something we have dreamed of. We are all just ocncerned that our investment won't go unnoticed in the history books and that we can proudly say that we own a "real" Shelby mustang. Thank you for lending us your ears and we'll try not to be whiners.

Cobra Boy

Very nicely stated. I agree it's good of Amy to post here. There is a lot of negativity here, and I'm sure it wears on her. For example, the comment about Carroll "selling out"...which I agree with Amy on.

Now, for some humor....what's up with parking your car sideways on that street/driveway? Trying to block a Z06 from getting through? :hysterical:

Dave

Very nicely stated. I agree it's good of Amy to post here. There is a lot of negativity here, and I'm sure it wears on her. For example, the comment about Carroll "selling out"...which I agree with Amy on.

Now, for some humor....what's up with parking your car sideways on that street/driveway? Trying to block a Z06 from getting through? :hysterical:

Dave

Dave,

I hadn't thought of keeping the vetts from getting through but that's good idea although I will proudly day that in my small town there are several bitchin old mustangs and classic fords to look at and not any vettes.

Besides, after seeing how mean my GT500 looks, any vette would quake in its boots.

cobreboy ;

Amy B really has no input regarding the Registry that I know of. If you contact S.A.A.C you can register your 07SHELBY`. The contact for 07 ` Shelby registry is Peter Larkin & his e-mail address is newregistrar@saac.com.

Yes-- The 07 SHElBy is a true "SHELBY' & willbe in the SHELBY registry.

Only problem willbe it is up to each owner to send the info about their vehicle .

Thanks for the info Shelby001.

Cobra Boy

Dave

I can make up some really mean looking push bars, if anyone's interested. It wont help the weight balance, and just a little cutting is required up front.............. :doh:

Archived