TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT WILL THE GT500 WHEELS BOLT RIGHT UP

I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYBODY CAN TELL ME IF THE GT500 WHEELS CAN BE USED WITH THE TIRES OF MY STOCK SHELBY GT AND WILL THEY BOLT UP TO MY 08 SHELBY GT. WILL THE TIRES FIT ON THE GT500 RIMS OR IS THERE A BETTER TIRE SIZE AND BRAND TO USE. PLEASE PROVIDE FRONT AND REAR TIRE SIZES WOULD BE HELPFUL. I AM PLANNING ON WIDENING THE REAR WHEELS.

THANKS FOR THE HELP.

SCOTTY

The GT500 rims will bolt right up to your SGT, but your SGT tires are not wide enough for the GT500 rims. The max rim width for a P235/50/18 is 8.5" and the GT500 rim is 9.5" wide. If you get new tires for the GT500 rims, they will work great.

GT500

Tire Size (front): P255/45ZR18 Z

Tire Size (rear): P285/40ZR18 Z

Shelby GT

Tire Size (front): P235/50ZR18

Tire Size (rear): P235/50ZR18

So I think they will not work

WILL THE GT500 RIMS BOLT RIGHT UP TO THE SHELBY GT AXLE OR IS THE LUG PATTERN OR OFFSET GOING TO MAKE THEM STICK OUT OF THE WHEEL WELLS. IT APPEARS THAT SINCE THE TIRES ARE 18 INCH I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM OFF THE STOCK SHELBY GT WHEELS AND HAVE THEM MOUNTED TO THE GT500 RIMS.

SOME MORE HELP HERE PLEASE. ANYBODY

THANKS,

SCOTTY

WILL THE GT500 RIMS BOLT RIGHT UP TO THE SHELBY GT AXLE OR IS THE LUG PATTERN OR OFFSET GOING TO MAKE THEM STICK OUT OF THE WHEEL WELLS. IT APPEARS THAT SINCE THE TIRES ARE 18 INCH I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM OFF THE STOCK SHELBY GT WHEELS AND HAVE THEM MOUNTED TO THE GT500 RIMS.

SOME MORE HELP HERE PLEASE. ANYBODY

THANKS,

SCOTTY

The GT500 wheels bolt right up and do a nice job filling the wheel well. They do not stick out.

But as said above, you need to buy new tires. Stock SGT wheels are 18x8.5 the GT500 wheels are 18x9.5. The GT500 rims are too wide for the stock SGT tires.

On the plus side if you do this (GT500 wheels) you can finally put upgraded brakes under there, because you get more offset room for the caliper.

When I did this, I went with 275/40ZR18 tires all around. The 275/40 is sized for 9.5 inch wide wheels.

Todd

CSM1638

The GT500 wheels fit just fine and you can even use the same lug nuts that came on the Shelby GT...they are the same ones that the GT500 uses...The tires are the problem...the standard SGT tire, 235/18 is made to fit on a max width wheel of 8.5 inches and the GT500 wheels are 9.5 inches wide. I bought a set of GT500 wheels that had the original tires mounted on them, and they fit the SGT just fine. So to answer your question, wheels are fine, tires while still being 18" diameter, they are not wide enough for the wheels...you'll need new tires too. Pottydr has the correct tire sizes above for the GT500 wheels.

One more thing to consider is that with the lowered suspension of the SGT, they did NOT take into account the need for an adjustable pan hard bar, and I would suggest getting one of those as you will notice that the rear end is shifted to the left just a little bit when you go with wider wheels and tires. The adjustable pan hard bar will re-center the rear end in the wheel wells and make it look and handle better.

Thanks guys for the awesome input. All i need to due is buy me some gt500 rims and tires.

LWR CONTROL ARMS

UPPER THIRD LINK

AND

ADJUSTIBLE PANHARD BAR.

THANKS AGAIN !!!!!

SCOTTY

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
they fit great,

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

What about the TPMS? I am looking to aquire a set of GT500 wheels for my 07GT. The seller says they have the original TPMS still inside the tires as they have never been off the wheels. Did you have to buy one of the "learning" tools, or will the systems be compatable with my GT.

Archived