TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baer GT Rotors

Does anyone have and/or can recommend these rotors? I want a set that fits within the stock bullit wheels. This looks like a great deal at $299 for a set of four.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013366

Thanks for any help!

Ilmor - I just bought these, they're a STEAL! I'm VERY happy with them. They are OEM size, look fantastic and for the price NOBODY can beat them. You'd better act quick though because I understood there was a limited supply... I also did new pads/lines and I would say this was a considerable improvement over stock.

Ok, you convinced me! I placed my order! Next I'll be ordering some Hawk pads also.

Who has the best deal on Hawks I wonder? I think I want the HPS+ (some track use).

I got my lines from Brother's as well. They're Stop Tech lines and are pretty good. Stop Tech does nothing but brakes and have a background in racing setups. You can check them out on their website. Interestingly, alof of the SS lines out there are pretty much all the same, just re-branded.

I've always liked the looks of you guy's rotors, and am happy to hear the good reports, esp. since I ordered these already!

Does anyone have and/or can recommend these rotors? I want a set that fits within the stock bullit wheels. This looks like a great deal at $299 for a set of four.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013366

Thanks for any help!

Just ordered Mine. I heard about the drilled rotors that they crack easier, is this true?

John

Just ordered Mine. I heard about the drilled rotors that they crack easier, is this true?

John

Depends on whose rotors they are, how many holes they drill, and the process used to cross drill the rotors.

When it comes to brake system components, it really doesnt pay to try to save a bunch of money. Ya kinda get what ya pay for.

Ilmor - I just bought these, they're a STEAL! I'm VERY happy with them. They are OEM size, look fantastic and for the price NOBODY can beat them. You'd better act quick though because I understood there was a limited supply... I also did new pads/lines and I would say this was a considerable improvement over stock.

I have had mine since i got my car with hawk pads they are awsome, that is a great deal on price. I also added SS brake lines.

PJ

I have had mine since i got my car with hawk pads they are awsome, that is a great deal on price. I also added SS brake lines.

PJ

I have the same set up Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Baer DecelaRotors and Hawk HPS pads

web.jpg

Been very pleased with this combination

Take Care

Andrew

new_rims_015__2_.jpg

Ordered mine. I wonder how well they will stop the CS69SEs. I need to keep the smaller dia disc because I race with the stock 18"s and daily drive the 20". I already have Goodridge SS lines an AP fluid. These seemed to be perfect low cost solution for all four corners although they may not look as good with the 20" wheels.

Mike SGT#182

new_rims_015__2_.jpg

John

You get what you pay for, any time you go Baer, Brembo big name in brakes your getting your moneys worth. I have had these rotors on my 03 Cobra vert for several years and have loved them. You may want to consider a brake proportioning valve to adjust bias front to rear. When I first installed mine with the SS braided lines it felt like 99% of the braking was done by the front, gained alot of dive. Installed a proportioning valve and everything has been fine. What a bargain on these rotors I paid $600 + for my set up.

:happy feet:

I don't think you need a proportioning valve on a car with ABS? As far as cracking, you do get what you pay for, but I think this would be the case in a race setup, but not a street/occasional race setup. You'd really have to heat them up and often to weaken them to the point of cracking. Look at all the Vette, BMW, Porsche's running with them... If they were THAT problematic the mfg's would have abandoned them a long time ago... Again, street applications are likely not the enemy of slotted/drilled.

I don't think you need a proportioning valve on a car with ABS? As far as cracking, you do get what you pay for, but I think this would be the case in a race setup, but not a street/occasional race setup. You'd really have to heat them up and often to weaken them to the point of cracking. Look at all the Vette, BMW, Porsche's running with them... If they were THAT problematic the mfg's would have abandoned them a long time ago... Again, street applications are likely not the enemy of slotted/drilled.

HORSBYT is correct that a proportioning valve is not required. Automotive companies have to meet Federal Standards for brake efficiency balance before these vehicles are put on the road. ABS systems have been developed to dynamically balance requirements to the rear brakes. There are a number of trade names for this function.

Brake balance is tricky for the OE's because is has to assume people drive their cars on all kinds of roads and traction conditions. Weight distribution of the Mustang does put large percentage on the front axle and therefore a large percentage to the front. Putting a fixed proportioning valve in to get more rear brakes would first have to disable the ABS because of it's full time proportioning. If you do disable the ABS and run larger percentage to the rear the vehicle will likely be very unstable in wet or ice conditions.

For Race conditions the valve might help. Tracks and races generally like high traction surfaces/tires and dry weather. You still have to be cautious. Too much rear brake and you can swap ends in a heartbeat.

So far I have not bought into going for the bigger brakes or the cross drilled in current size as I have not gone on a track with mine. Baer clearly understands the thermal needs of the rotor and would not sell them without knowledge they will survive. All the OE suppliers have high duty test for rotors to determine potential for cracks to start at the fin to plate intersection. Have not seen anything significant in last five years to rotors cracking during thermal stress. However getting rotors hot and driving into deep water is another story.

DrKSGT

I've heard about the cracking but it appears that the fears are based on an extremely small percentage of such occurances, so I'm not at all worried about it. In addition, it probably happens to the low cost, poor quality brands if it's going to happen, or in extreme race conditions.

Took a ride down to Blue Oval Saturday as they are only about an hour and half from my house. After about 15 minutes in Elkton VA I finally located a hole in a wall. I went into the showroom, which is about 20'x15' and placed my order for these rotors. They do have a pretty large warehouse though. I was talking to the guy there as a I was looking about but he did say he acquired these from a company that went out of business who were building mustangs. I wasnt paying too much attention but my wife thinks it was Foose. I didnt realize they stopped building stangs if it was them. I should of been listening instead of looking at the headers on the wall.

Anyways after a nice little ride in the SGT I picked up my rotors. Now I need to get the lines, pads, fluid, and hoses for my ducts. I will wait and install all at the same time.

Guest hfrosso

Has anyone installed the SPP Baer brake GT plus??They cost $1400 for the complete kit,rotors,pads,calipers,ss lines..

thinking of have the brakes istalled.(love the Shelby logo on the calipers) wille the car is at tasca Ford .

I've seen that you guys are getting just the rotors, will they fit in the stock calipers?????

And also did any one installed the brakes yourself??? How hard it is ????

Thank's!!!!

Has anyone installed the SPP Baer brake GT plus??They cost $1400 for the complete kit,rotors,pads,calipers,ss lines..

thinking of have the brakes istalled.(love the Shelby logo on the calipers) wille the car is at tasca Ford .

I've seen that you guys are getting just the rotors, will they fit in the stock calipers?????

Thank's!!!!

These rotors that we're discussing are OEM size and fit the stock calipers and wheels. I've done rotors before; not too hard (more like weight-lifting than anything else, w/ having to remove the wheels / tires), so I hope there isn't anything special about these. If there is, I'm sure I'll have plenty of help here! I'll also be adding hi-performance pads, and someday I'll do the S/S brake lines but not this time.

I just ordered my rotors.

The Hawk Pads $87 and $67, and Goodridge SS Lines $229 I got from www.autoanything.com. Tire Rack had the SS lines for $142. Autoanything matched the price on the SS lines, and there was a $15 online coupon that I used on the brake pads!

Goodridge SS lines for $142? Was that for all four corners? Thats CHEAP. Stillen's regular price on all four corners is something like $216

Thank's!!!!

the Shelby/Baer GT-Plus brakes are $1895.00 not 1400.00 . also, make note that it is onlt the fronts, not all for corners.

Chris

Archived