TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008-09 GT500KR Parts For Sale

I do not think they are authentic...maybe knock-offs....

Maybe not authentic....But you have to think that something will have to give here.

Someone is going to make a small fortune in the "knockoff" business or perhaps someone at Shelby will begin to see the demand for these parts and decide to make them available to all.

New cars are not selling well today. for example on a limited run car like the KR.....ebay shows 41 KR's for sale....thats just on ebay (today), yet the mod business seems to be doing quite well.

Maybe not authentic....But you have to think that something will have to give here.

Someone is going to make a small fortune in the "knockoff" business or perhaps someone at Shelby will begin to see the demand for these parts and decide to make them available to all.

New cars are not selling well today. for example on a limited run car like the KR.....ebay shows 41 KR's for sale....thats just on ebay (today), yet the mod business seems to be doing quite well.

I am 99% sure that SAI will not sell any of the 40th, SS or KR badging....If it was Ford that is another story......I think Mr.Shelby and Amy will not allow that.....

I am 99% sure that SAI will not sell any of the 40th, SS or KR badging....If it was Ford that is another story......I think Mr.Shelby and Amy will not allow that.....

Alexandros, I dont doubt what you are saying....isn't it a bit strange that the KR mufflers are now released and available to anyone, as well is the SS hood....yet other parts arent? You may be very well correct that other parts will not be sold, but then everyone needs to be prepared and not complain when the knockoffs come out. Many have asked for these parts and have been told no....

It is just a matter of time. As I said before I think there is a huge market for the mods on these cars. If Shelby doesnt want to make them we need to respect that, however someone else will......and in todays economy it is always amazing that a company can say "no I dont need your money" to those who have money to pay for a given part.

Alexandros, I dont doubt what you are saying....isn't it a bit strange that the KR mufflers are now released and available to anyone, as well is the SS hood....yet other parts arent? You may be very well correct that other parts will not be sold, but then everyone needs to be prepared and not complain when the knockoffs come out. Many have asked for these parts and have been told no....

It is just a matter of time. As I said before I think there is a huge market for the mods on these cars. If Shelby doesnt want to make them we need to respect that, however someone else will......and in todays economy it is always amazing that a company can say "no I dont need your money" to those who have money to pay for a given part.

I agree with you and some parts will be allowed for sale to the general public...But I think it is the badging that makes these cars unique....We will have to see....:)

Archived