TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm sorry but this is the most outrageous story I ever heard!!

TAKING IT TO THE GRAVE........:headscratch:

Golden statues and precious gems are not unusual things for people to buried a loved with, but nothing compares to the latest technological trend following people into the afterlife..... :rip:

Cell phones are finding their way into caskets at the request of some families. :call:

Shawn Smith, of BC Bailey Funeral Home, said the idea makes sense.

I think, by someone placing a cell phone into a casket, it sort of leaves that line of communication open. They can make a phone call. They can hear the deceased voice, Smith said. :huh:

Not that anyone will actually answer, but some families said they want to still feel that connection and hear that familiar voice on the other end of the line. :headscratch:

While some think it might be bizarre, it's actually not the strangest thing to have ever been placed in a casket.

The very first funeral I ever went on when I went in this business, the casket was full of pickles. She was famous for her bread and butter pickles and evidently they wanted her to take some with her, Smith said. I'd say, probably cans of beer is probably the most popular. A lot of families say it's one for the road...... :beerchug:

A recent survey of 100,000 people found the top funeral rite request was to be cremated with a pet's ashes.

Number two was to be buried with a cell phone.

In 2005, a woman in Manhattan buried her husband with his cell phone and a fully charged battery. Believe it or not, she continues to pay the monthly phone bill and had his cell number carved onto his headstone so others can call him.... :shrug:

If you decide to do the same and send your cell phone into eternity, make sure you remember to leave it on vibrate, Smith said...... :doh:

"She had lost her father and came into the funeral home on the morning of the funeral and said, Would you please make sure that this is charged and it goes with my father, and it was a cell phone. I didn't think anything of it until we were in church and had forgot to silence it and it was ringing in the casket, Smith said.

you can also have diamonds made from the ashes of your loved one

I already have my Mother's :angel: Diamond Earrings and my Little Sister's :angel: Garnet and Diamond Ring..... :)

The more I think about this topic I would really like to say something to the both of them..... :cry:

you can also have diamonds made from the ashes of your loved one

That's my wife's plans with me once I pass. I figure with my size she can get a couple of carats easy... :hysterical:

My father-in-law passed recently after a rejected bone marrow transplant and my mother-in-law still keeps his cell phone active just so she can hear his voice.

He was kind of an a$$ and always said he was going to be buried with all his money - it was his and he was going to keep it. Fortunately he got a little nicer before he died but the plan was to put all his money in the bank and write him a check.....

I think this story is pretty sweet, really.

If I were to lose my wife tomorrow, I'd be much more insane than any of these people sound.

Cell phone in a casket? Whatever it takes to get you through another day without the person you love, I guess.

No harm.

Ken

Archived