TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steeler Bowl

:happy feet: :happy feet: Well the big game is in the books. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Being a life long Steeler fan, I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I was beginning to feel like the Steelers were running out of steam or something in the 4th quarter. I was getting really nervous. But like the coach said, they came to play a full 60 minutes, even if it took 59 minutes and 25 seconds to pull it out.

I had heard that the commercials were going to be a lower budget varity this year but I thought most of them were right up with other years. I liked the "I'm good" one where the guys were getting hit or zapped by their buddies but seemed to shake it off. My wife liked all of the Bud ads because she loves the Clydesdales. Don't forget Jay Leno in his 427 Cobra :shift:

What can you say about "The Boss"?!! :yahoo: Even though I was born east of Pittsburgh, I was raised in NJ and spent many weekends driving down Route 18 to Highway 9 to get "down the shore". You Jersey guys know what I'm talking about. :rockon:

My youngest daughter and her boyfriend came over with as one day warning. I relied on the 40th Anniv. Pace Picante Sauce cookbook for the food. I have yet to find a bad recipe in there. My wife had to work up to 1/2 hour before kick off so I cooked again this year. We had my bean "dip", a layered dip and Super Chili. A good time was had by all. :beerchug: :party2:

How did the rest you you fare???

Me, B and Jacob watched the game at the house. Really wanted the Cards to win, not because I lilke them but I really like Kurt Warner. Was hoping to see him win. Really dont like the Steeler because I grew up in the 70s when if you liked the Cowboys you hated the Steelers. I was a Cowboy fan.

We ate some spinach dip and hot wings. Nothing big, but we did it together. Jacobs first Super Bowl, but I dont think he really cared!

MM

I watched the game holding my autographed Terry Bradshaw football so you can probably do the math on that one. It was a great game won by a great team. Lots of memorable plays. I'm waiting to see what they name that 100 yard interception return. I'm thinking "The Dash" might be good. Right up there with the "emaculate reception", the "holy roller" and "the catch".

Dale was wearing her Franco jersey, my son was wearing # 7 for Ben and I had on my Jack Lambert.

She was nervous after the Cardinals took the lead, I told her to relax, this was our time to shine.

Gotta love the Steel 4th Quarter performances all season. It was a great game.

..........but Tyree's catch last year will always be the best for me.

Awesome.

When Pittsburgh got into the big game again,

I ordered up some "old school" jerseys for good luck!

It worked!

I wore my #7 jersey and Steeler hat all day. I bought the jersey for the 2005 game and have gotten my money's worth out of it so far.

I wore my always faithful and never let me down #75! That's Mr. Greene to you.

I must say, it didn't let me down once again!

I bought it in '05 when I happened to be in PA for unrelated stuff. It was awesome to party with Steelers fans in their home state!

They were trying to drink me under the table...well, lets just say there is a new found respect for Texas drinking, although my wife was pretty upset at me for drinking competitively, as if a prize were at stake. (We all know that prize) :hysterical::talkhand:

Must be our age group. I had my #58 jersey on display the whole day. I've had it so long I couldn't wear it anymore. I think I was like 15 when I got it. That was a long time and many Super Bowl wins ago. Gotta love the Rooney's. They haven't picked a bad coach yet. They have the right criteria for choosing who will lead their legendary team. Great game, for both the Steelers and the Cards. They all played their hearts out.

Don

Archived