TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Center console vibration

sfadchi

OK So last week I installed a couple of things, including Ford Racing Stingers, DSS Driveshaft, and Ford Racing Lowering Springs. I now have a vibration that comes in right at 1700 RPM and leaves about 1800 RPM. It is in every gear! It is even there sometimes if I just rev the car up to 1700 RMP with out moving. If feels like its in the EBrake and if I play with it sometimes it will go away. Anyone have a clue where I should start? I don't really want to take it to the dealer because of all the mods I have on the car. The stingers are quite loud an have a real drone at that RPM, my other thought is to just order the KR's and see if it goes away. Any help as always is much appreciated!

OK So last week I installed a couple of things, including Ford Racing Stingers, DSS Driveshaft, and Ford Racing Lowering Springs. I now have a vibration that comes in right at 1700 RPM and leaves about 1800 RPM. It is in every gear! It is even there sometimes if I just rev the car up to 1700 RMP with out moving. If feels like its in the EBrake and if I play with it sometimes it will go away. Anyone have a clue where I should start? I don't really want to take it to the dealer because of all the mods I have on the car. The stingers are quite loud an have a real drone at that RPM, my other thought is to just order the KR's and see if it goes away. Any help as always is much appreciated!

I had this same thing happen to my 08. It ended up being the pipe rubbing on the underside of the trunk. one of my clamps moved a 1/2" and it allowed the pipe over the axle to slide back enough to rub on the trunk. I t would only do it around 1700 to 1900 RPM's. Look real close to the bend in the pipe to the clearance of the trunk tub. Hope this works for you.

08 GT500 Convert

Hi,

i believe you are experiencing a pretty common harmonic related to the car and the stingers. Check out the MGW shifter install instructions on their website. they have a Dynamat mod for the ebrake that solves that rattle.

Michael

Stingers were the problem, that along with a TSB that is out for the exhaust hangers directly under the transmission. They were all scrunched down but rather then performing the TSB myself I chose to remove the stingers. It's back to the good old quiet car she was! On a brighter note, I now have a set of 5GT's for sale!

Archived