TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I hope he is not a TS member!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-...-beach-arrested

Page did you sell this guy a GT500?

lol

Tom

The report failed to mention that upon further investigation and questioning of the suspect, his car brokedown due to flywheel warpage on his clutch which his local Ford dealer refused to fix under the TSB or his powertrain warranty. The suspect also claimed that the only way he could afford the $5000.00 out of pocket repair on his Shelby was to commit these burglaries :finger:

The car was a Torch Red 07 GT500 Convertible with white side stripes and a black top. Richard Abbott was a customer of mine. I always wondered where he got all his money as he would flash stacks of $20K all the time. He purchased the car from Keith Mccormick Auctions here in Palm Springs and it was previously owned by Tom Cruise who apparantly was scared of the car, so he put it on consignment with 4K miles on it. He came to us to have the car upgraded at 8K miles. The last time I saw the car two weeks ago it just turned 10K miles. We installed a roll bar, carbon fiber JLT intake, 2.6 upper supercharger pulley and idler, NGK spark plugs, Ford Racing shifter, Steeda upper and lower rear arms, Steeda front and rear slotted brakes with braided brake lines, Shelby Alcoa 20X9 front/20X10 rear wheels with Nitto Invo tires, Redline Tuning hood struts, and JLT carbon fiber fuse box and radiator cover. He still owes me money for work done and parts ordered for his car. He was complaining that the the car would cut out over 130MPH. I told him because it still had the stock heat exchanger, the engine knock sensor was pulling timing to protect the motor. I ordered him the heat exchanger and it and several other parts were to be installed this week. I had no idea he was a burglar!! He told me he owned a rental business for Spyder motorcycles, and was a professional gambler. After he took me for a ride in his car after some upgrades done, I told him I would never go for a ride him in the car again after he put the car sideways into oncoming traffic on HWY 111 at about 80 mph..the guy was insane. I now need to figure out how to put a lein on the car to recover my losses with him as he obviously won't be getting out of prison for a long time as he is a three striker. His Shelby dash plaque just arrived from Shelby with Carroll's signature and VIN # 2 days ago!!! What a mess!! I am sure he didn't blow the motor, he probably just got it hot enough where the computer pulled timing and pulled over when he realized he would not get away with the police helicopters following him.

The car was a Torch Red 07 GT500 Convertible with white side stripes and a black top. Richard Abbott was a customer of mine. I always wondered where he got all his money as he would flash stacks of $20K all the time. He purchased the car from Keith Mccormick Auctions here in Palm Springs and it was previously owned by Tom Cruise who apparantly was scared of the car, so he put it on consignment with 4K miles on it. He came to us to have the car upgraded at 8K miles. The last time I saw the car two weeks ago it just turned 10K miles. We installed a roll bar, carbon fiber JLT intake, 2.6 upper supercharger pulley and idler, NGK spark plugs, Ford Racing shifter, Steeda upper and lower rear arms, Steeda front and rear slotted brakes with braided brake lines, Shelby Alcoa 20X9 front/20X10 rear wheels with Nitto Invo tires, Redline Tuning hood struts, and JLT carbon fiber fuse box and radiator cover. He still owes me money for work done and parts ordered for his car. He was complaining that the the car would cut out over 130MPH. I told him because it still had the stock heat exchanger, the engine knock sensor was pulling timing to protect the motor. I ordered him the heat exchanger and it and several other parts were to be installed this week. I had no idea he was a burglar!! He told me he owned a rental business for Spyder motorcycles, and was a professional gambler. After he took me for a ride in his car after some upgrades done, I told him I would never go for a ride him in the car again after he put the car sideways into oncoming traffic on HWY 111 at about 80 mph..the guy was insane. I now need to figure out how to put a lein on the car to recover my losses with him as he obviously won't be getting out of prison for a long time as he is a three striker. His Shelby dash plaque just arrived from Shelby with Carroll's signature and VIN # 2 days ago!!! What a mess!! I am sure he didn't blow the motor, he probably just got it hot enough where the computer pulled timing and pulled over when he realized he would not get away with the police helicopters following him.

Great write-up, thanks for posting. Good thing you didn't get the H/E installed, he may of gotten away :hysterical:

Hope you recover your money.

Archived