TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th anniv. emblem

Does anyone know where I can get a set of 4oth anniv. emblems to replace the cobras on my 08GT500? I think Shelby should sell them to the owners of all his cars if they want them. Esp 08's. Those emblems look so much nicer with the dates 1968/2008 on each side of the cobra. If anyone has an inside track on how to get these emblems, plz let me know. BTW, please don't suggest I do the entire conversion. LOL..

Regards, Dave

Does anyone know where I can get a set of 4oth anniv. emblems to replace the cobras on my 08GT500? I think Shelby should sell them to the owners of all his cars if they want them. Esp 08's. Those emblems look so much nicer with the dates 1968/2008 on each side of the cobra. If anyone has an inside track on how to get these emblems, plz let me know. BTW, please don't suggest I do the entire conversion. LOL..

Regards, Dave

Dave,

Actually, the 40th anniversary for the GT500's is 2007, not 2008. Also, Shelby built a specific 40th Anniversary Car variant (which I own #257).

For those 2 reasons Shelby will not sell those badges to you. If you want the badges, you will need to buy a 2007 GT500 and have them convert it to a 40th Anniversary Car for anywhere between $12,000 - $30,000. Sorry to disappoint you. Best of regards.

Stuart

Dave, just clarify there are two sets of anniversary emblems out there. The ones with 2007 on them represent the 40th anniversary of the GT500 and were on the post title package offered to 500 owners of 2007 Shelby's from SAI, as Stuart mentioned. The 2008 emblem represents the 40th anniversary of the KR and was only found on 2008 GT500KR's. Neither set of emblems will be easy to get, if even possible as SAI control these items very closely to help protect the brand from unauthorized replicas and fakes.

Dave, just clarify there are two sets of anniversary emblems out there. The ones with 2007 on them represent the 40th anniversary of the GT500 and were on the post title package offered to 500 owners of 2007 Shelby's from SAI, as Stuart mentioned. The 2008 emblem represents the 40th anniversary of the KR and was only found on 2008 GT500KR's. Neither set of emblems will be easy to get, if even possible as SAI control these items very closely to help protect the brand from unauthorized replicas and fakes.

I found that out. I contacted Shelby Automotive & was informed they won't sell the emblems. Isn't ironic that they will sell everything else but not that emblem>? Lets face facts, people whi started building clones spend tons of cash trying to make their cars special. I am not trying to build a clone...I just like the emblem that has the 40 year 68/08 dates. Clones actually have kept the market strong IMO. I just can't understand why i can order a reproduction gt500 emblem from Cobranda from 67 or 68 but I can't get one from 2008? Oh well, I'll just have to wait until the greed factor gets higher in Vegas & they decide to sell the emblems. of course the cost will be $300.00 ea. :finger:

I highly doubt that Shelby will ever sell the emblems unless you actually spend the money to convert your car. Why would they even think about selling them for $300.00 my suggestion to you is to spend the money to convert your car and you can have the emblems and then you also will have a special car as well. In my opinion there is nothing worse than a clone.

Seeing that the car that Dave wants 40th emblems for is an 08, Dave is out of luck if he were to want to buy the package. Just trade the 08 for a 07 and get on the list, that is if there are any slots available.

Seeing that the car that Dave wants 40th emblems for is an 08, Dave is out of luck if he were to want to buy the package. Just trade the 08 for a 07 and get on the list, that is if there are any slots available.

Geeezzzzzzzz...I am not trying to reinvent the wheel here guys. The emblem has both dates: 1968/2008. I just like the idea of having that emblem on my 08 Shelby. It is not like Shelby hasn't sold or licensed his products before. I can buy repro emblems for any year Shelby. 2008 shouldn't be any different. I am not trying to make clone for gods sake.

I get it and I certainly wasn't implying that you are trying to build a clone, all I am saying is this is why Shelby want to protect certain things. We are really only talking about the most unique and special versions of the Shelby that this applies to such as the KR, super snake and 40th package. The "regular" Shelby emblems and parts are available from Ford and Shelby. I don't think it is unreasonable for Shelby to want to limit availability of certain parts for their most limited packages. Just my 2 cents.

I get it and I certainly wasn't implying that you are trying to build a clone, all I am saying is this is why Shelby want to protect certain things. We are really only talking about the most unique and special versions of the Shelby that this applies to such as the KR, super snake and 40th package. The "regular" Shelby emblems and parts are available from Ford and Shelby. I don't think it is unreasonable for Shelby to want to limit availability of certain parts for their most limited packages. Just my 2 cents.

agreed. But, DAMN...I like that emblem! :cry:

agreed. But, DAMN...I like that emblem! :cry:

Just to stir the pot, If you go to Billet Emblems .com, they CNC custom billet aluminum badges and emblems and can do anything. They did custom badges for my FX4. Since everyone seems to have chest pain when someone mentions buying a sacred KR or SS part, I thought I would throw in a little tidbit. Enjoy. They do excellent work. :salute:

Just to stir the pot, If you go to Billet Emblems .com, they CNC custom billet aluminum badges and emblems and can do anything. They did custom badges for my FX4. Since everyone seems to have chest pain when someone mentions buying a sacred KR or SS part, I thought I would throw in a little tidbit. Enjoy. They do excellent work. :salute:

Here's the link http://www.billetbadges.com/products.htm

If SAI has a trade mark (copyrights) on their emblems they need permission for them to be reproduced......

Yeah, like that ever stopped anyone. The guy next door to me has a Lamborghini Diablo Kit car. It is built on a Corvette chasis. It probably has 20K in Lambo parts and badges etc. My pont is, if someone can make money from it, it will be done.

Yeah, like that ever stopped anyone. The guy next door to me has a Lamborghini Diablo Kit car. It is built on a Corvette chasis. It probably has 20K in Lambo parts and badges etc. My pont is, if someone can make money from it, it will be done.

I understand your point that people when they get a chance they will do anything for money....but it is not fair for real collectors of unique cars... :shift:

....but it is not fair for real collectors of unique cars...

I have a different take on clones. Actually, I don't have a problem with them unless they are being sold as the real McCoy. For personal use, the more power to you. When you try to pass a clone off as the real deal, that's not cloning, it's counterfeiting and should be subject to the full extent of whatever laws apply, i.e., fraud, misrepresentations, deceptive trade practices, trademark violations, etc. Of course, in a perfect world, everybody is honest.

Archived