TEAM SHELBY FORUM

34Th Annual Road America Car and track show

svttim

The Northwoods Shelby Club will be hosting the 35th anual Road America On track ebvent and Car Show. This year, the event moves to a prime date, August 7, 8 and 9. Although registration is not open yet, I wanted to make sure that Team Shelby Memebers get the first shot at this event for obvious reasons. For the first time, Camping will be allowed on the grounds. And thast a good thing since hotels are already booked! Wether its your first time or, your a seasoned trackster, this is one event you wont want to miss. Lots of beautiful cars in a beautiful place and great friendships. Dont miss this one! For more information go too

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/?m=200901

Or contact me and I will be happy to get you anything you need

Let's show Team Shelby pride in the road event and the car show.

I would be interested in information.

Please keep me on your list.

Do you guys also have something at the Autobon?

I believe the Classic Mustang Club of Chicago had something but the Northwoods group attended as well. Not sure though. I'm not sure what the plan is this year either but will ask around!

Forgive me... where is this located? New enough to not know, ha-ha.

Thanks!!

Gabe

Gabe,

I believe they are talking about Road America. It's close to Elkhart Lake, Wi. about 1 hour north of Milwaukee.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
I believe the Classic Mustang Club of Chicago had something but the Northwoods group attended as well. Not sure though. I'm not sure what the plan is this year either but will ask around!

That was a Northwoods Event

• 4 months later...

We have the meet at Shelby under our belt and a good one it was. Now is time to turn to the Event at Road America. The car show is Saturday, the 8th. We hope to double the car count from last year and in particular, expand on the late model Shelby fare. If you can hang around for Sunday, or just show up sunday, I will try to fill my passenger seat. You will need to bring a hemet. There is no place in the Mid-west and, very few places in the US that equal RA in track configuaration, history and beauty.

We have the meet at Shelby under our belt and a good one it was. Now is time to turn to the Event at Road America. The car show is Saturday, the 8th. We hope to double the car count from last year and in particular, expand on the late model Shelby fare. If you can hang around for Sunday, or just show up sunday, I will try to fill my passenger seat. You will need to bring a hemet. There is no place in the Mid-west and, very few places in the US that equal RA in track configuaration, history and beauty.

You need a helmut to participate in the car show?

The Northwoods Shelby Club will be hosting the 35th anual Road America On track ebvent and Car Show. This year, the event moves to a prime date, August 7, 8 and 9. Although registration is not open yet, I wanted to make sure that Team Shelby Memebers get the first shot at this event for obvious reasons. For the first time, Camping will be allowed on the grounds. And thast a good thing since hotels are already booked! Wether its your first time or, your a seasoned trackster, this is one event you wont want to miss. Lots of beautiful cars in a beautiful place and great friendships. Dont miss this one! For more information go too

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/?m=200901

Or contact me and I will be happy to get you anything you need

Let's show Team Shelby pride in the road event and the car show.

I may be a total internets newbie but the web site has literally ZERO information about the car show, it's not even listed on the event schedule...I was ready to a bale out when I saw a link towards the bottom that said "More Info..."clicking on it downloads this PDF. There's no listing of classes or how judging is done, real judges with a point system, participant, spectator, etc., anyone know? :headscratch: $10 fee is very low! :happy feet:

BTW: Tell who ever creates these PDFs for the club to save as a reduced file size. To enable me to post it I ran it through and it went from 1.2 MB to 89K! :doh:

Rally09.pdf

Rally09.pdf

I may be a total internets newbie but the web site has literally ZERO information about the car show, it's not even listed on the event schedule...I was ready to a bale out when I saw a link towards the bottom that said "More Info..."clicking on it downloads this PDF. There's no listing of classes or how judging is done, real judges with a point system, participant, spectator, etc., anyone know? :headscratch: $10 fee is very low! :happy feet:

BTW: Tell who ever creates these PDFs for the club to save as a reduced file size. To enable me to post it I ran it through and it went from 1.2 MB to 89K! :doh:

Here is the direct link for those who could not find it

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/?page_id=124&a...vent_number=115

I cant tell you what critiera they use. I am usually on track whle the show is going on although I did walk through the show last year. Last year there was about 50 cars but, there were several Cobra's (the real thing) Early GT500's and GT350's and several other rare fords. What was not there was a lot of late model Shelby's, something we are trying to fix. I know thw 10 dollars goes for the plaques that everyone receives and there are some door prizes. All this and you get to watch some of the action to boot. This is only the second year and Erik s very open to suggestion going forward from TS members. In fact, if anyone is comming, help parking would be appreciated. I guess I never heard anyone say something was not expensive enough.

If you have never been to Road America, you are in for a treat.

PS, the helmet is in case you can hook up for a ride

Here is the direct link for those who could not find it

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/?page_id=124&a...vent_number=115

I cant tell you what critiera they use. I am usually on track whle the show is going on although I did walk through the show last year. Last year there was about 50 cars but, there were several Cobra's (the real thing) Early GT500's and GT350's and several other rare fords. What was not there was a lot of late model Shelby's, something we are trying to fix. I know thw 10 dollars goes for the plaques that everyone receives and there are some door prizes. All this and you get to watch some of the action to boot. This is only the second year and Erik s very open to suggestion going forward from TS members. In fact, if anyone is comming, help parking would be appreciated. I guess I never heard anyone say something was not expensive enough.

If you have never been to Road America, you are in for a treat.

PS, the helmet is in case you can hook up for a ride

No...$10 is inexpensive! A good deal! I'd just like to know what I'm getting into if I decide to make the drive and the flyer is really short on details that's all!

No...$10 is inexpensive! A good deal! I'd just like to know what I'm getting into if I decide to make the drive and the flyer is really short on details that's all!

Well, come up and enjoy the day. If you see something you would like to be different, like I said, they are very open to change and to help from TS

Heres a list of cars that will be tracking Some high dollar entries

Mazda Miata

Mazda Miata

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang LX

Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

Ford Mustang Coupe

Ford Mustang

Mustang Mach II

Ford Mustang Cobra

dodge viper

Ford Mustang

Dodge Viper ACR

Porsche GT3

Porsche GT3

Ford Mustang

Porsche 911 RS America

Mercury Cougar

Porsche GT RS

Ford SVT Cobra

Ford Mustang

Mazda Miata

Ford Cobra

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang GT500

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra

Shelby American 427 S/C

Factory Five Daytona Coupe Replica

ford mustang gt

Ford Mustang Gt

Ford Bullitt Mustang

Ford Mach 1

Chevrolet Camaro Z28

FFR Cobra Replica Factory Five Racing \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\”Challenge Seri

Ford Mustang Cobra

porsche 911 c2

Chevorlet Corvette

Chevrolet Corvette

Porsche 996 C2

Noble M400

Ford GT

Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

Factory Five Racing Roadster

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang SVO

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Ford Mustang Cobra R

Ford Mustang

BMW 318ti

Mazda Miata

Ford Mustang

Ford SVT Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra

ford mustang gt convert

BMW M3

Lotus Elise

mazda MX5 miata

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Black Jack Roush Mustang

Acura NSX

ford mustang coupe

Shelby GT-350

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang

BMW M3

FORD MUSTANG GT

Shelby Cobra - Backdraft Racing

Ford Shelby GT 500 Muatang

Porsche C4S

Ford Mustang

Eagle Talon

chev corvette zo6

Shelby GT350R Copy

Ford Mustang Convertible

BMW M5

Ford Mustang Cobra

Factory Five Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra R

ford shelby gt 500

Mazda RX7

BMW M3

Ford Saleen Widebody Mustang

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang GT

Honda Civic EX

Ford Mustang Coupe

corvette ZO6

Ford Mustang Mach 1

FORD MUSTANG

Mercury Cougar

FORD MUSTANG

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford GT

Ford Shelby GT 500

Pontiac Trans Am

DeTomaso Pantera

Mazda Miata MX5

Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang

ford mustang

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford 1986 Mustang GT 5.0

Ford Mustang Mach 1

Ford Mustang

Corvette Z06 Corvette Z06

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Shelby GT/SC

BMW M3

Porsche GT3

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

BMW M5

corvette z06

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible with roll bar

Ford Mustang

Ford Mustang Cobra

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

ford mustang

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobra

ford mustang

Chevy Corvette Z06

Ford Mustang GT

Lincoln Mark VIII

Ford Boss Mustang

Ford Mustang

Ford Mustang

Ford Mustang

Ford Cobra Conv.

Ford SVT Mustang Cobra

Lexus IS350

Ford Thunderbird

Ford Mustang

Ford Mustang Cobra

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Maverick

Ford Mustang Sheby GT350

Ford SVO

Ford Mustang coupe

Audi TT Coupe

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Classic Roadster Cobra

Porsche 996 Twin Turbo

Porsche GT2

Ford Mustang

Ford Mustang

chevrolet corvette z06

chevrolet corvette z06

ford falcon

Ford Taurus Stock Car

Mercedes Benz 190SL

Porsche GT3R

BMW 128i

Chevy American Sedan Race Car Camaro

Ford Mustang

Ford Torino

Lotus 211

Carbri CSR Race Car

Superformance AC Cobra

Ford Mustang Cobras

Porsche 944

FFR Cobra Replica

Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

toyota supra

Pontiac Firebird

Pontiac Firebird

Ford SVO

FFR Cobra Replica

Lotus Elise

Super Performance GT40

Ford Mustang Covertible

Ford 20th Anniversary Mustang

Ford Mustang Cobra

Hello All!

Erik here of the Northwoods Shelby car show fame. Just wanted to jump in here and provide some info regarding the upcoming show.

Jeff, Tim, and others; thanks for the feedback and suggestions. It is always welcome and appreciated! All valid points. While I have attended numerous car shows over the years, I must confess that I am not a "car show guy". More of a "track guy" and you would be more likely to find me chasing after Tim S. going down into Turn 5!

Let me try to address some of the comments and provide some background. There had been talk of reviving the car show aspect of this event for years and finally last year I decided enough talk, lets get this thing going. I started things rolling with the philosophy of keeping it simple with just the basics and add more to it as it (hopefully) grew. Last year we had 60 cars and I am expecting to double that this year.

I will admit it is a basic show at this point. No pre-registration or goody bags. All participants receive a dash plaque, we have door prizes, and trophies are awarded in 15 classes. (popular vote judging by paid participants only BTW). There is a class dedicated to the new Shelbys. As the numbers grow, more will be added to the experience and the club will invest more into the show. Personally, I think the potential of this show is huge. This is a part of a 3 day event held at one of the finest race tracks in the country. The show is held on a grass field in the infield of the race track and you can see, hear, and feel the cars running on the track from the show field. There are excellent food vendors on site with plenty of Johnsonville brats and you are free to wander the paddock checking out the cars of those participating in the on track event.

I am in agreement on the website and flyer info. That will be adressed for next year. The person editing the web site isn't me and needs more direction from us to get all the pertinent info out there while making a bigger impact with the presentation.

Hope to see many of you there! I dropped in on the Shelbys in Shelby event and I was impressed with the collection of cars there and hope we can see that type of turnout for the show.

Thanks again for the input and suggestions. Feel free to contact me if you have any further thoughts or suuggestions.

Erik

Hello All!

Erik here of the Northwoods Shelby car show fame. Just wanted to jump in here and provide some info regarding the upcoming show.

Jeff, Tim, and others; thanks for the feedback and suggestions. It is always welcome and appreciated! All valid points. While I have attended numerous car shows over the years, I must confess that I am not a "car show guy". More of a "track guy" and you would be more likely to find me chasing after Tim S. going down into Turn 5!

Let me try to address some of the comments and provide some background. There had been talk of reviving the car show aspect of this event for years and finally last year I decided enough talk, lets get this thing going. I started things rolling with the philosophy of keeping it simple with just the basics and add more to it as it (hopefully) grew. Last year we had 60 cars and I am expecting to double that this year.

I will admit it is a basic show at this point. No pre-registration or goody bags. All participants receive a dash plaque, we have door prizes, and trophies are awarded in 15 classes. (popular vote judging by paid participants only BTW). There is a class dedicated to the new Shelbys. As the numbers grow, more will be added to the experience and the club will invest more into the show. Personally, I think the potential of this show is huge. This is a part of a 3 day event held at one of the finest race tracks in the country. The show is held on a grass field in the infield of the race track and you can see, hear, and feel the cars running on the track from the show field. There are excellent food vendors on site with plenty of Johnsonville brats and you are free to wander the paddock checking out the cars of those participating in the on track event.

I am in agreement on the website and flyer info. That will be adressed for next year. The person editing the web site isn't me and needs more direction from us to get all the pertinent info out there while making a bigger impact with the presentation.

Hope to see many of you there! I dropped in on the Shelbys in Shelby event and I was impressed with the collection of cars there and hope we can see that type of turnout for the show.

Thanks again for the input and suggestions. Feel free to contact me if you have any further thoughts or suuggestions.

Erik

Thanks Erik and thank you for the efforts in putting this together. Hopefully going forward, we can get you some more help. No reason this should not be a premiere event

This afternoon I spoke with the owner of a '09 GT500 from Green Bay. He is planning on doing the show this year and participating in the Touring event next year! Add another hot rod to the list!

Erik

That door prize we have may come to good use then!

Archived