TEAM SHELBY FORUM

South Florida Shelby Clubs????

GT500-2007

:headscratch: Anyone know if there are any Shelby Clubs in the Miami/Fort Lauderdae area of South Florida??? I know of the Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach Mustang clubs but I was thinking that with all the Shelbys on the street down here that there would be somethng organized just for the Shelbys. If anyone has a line on something could you post a reply....

Thanks! :happy feet:

Welcome aboard, the thing is that many people with these Shelby vehicles don't drive them down here in Miami...I don't know why but maybe we should start one....I live in the Miami (Homestead) area and would like to get one going, maybe we should start a sticky and once we have a good number of owners we could schedule a meet or something....

I've crossed paths with a few owners in the area, like myself, that prefer to have their cars on the street versus in the garage. I joined up with the Ft. Lauderdale Mustang Club in an effort to be more visible. Although I am the only Shelby owner in the club, I've met a number of other owners at the local shows that have expressed some interest in staying connected via email or at least through the various Mustang related events. I've also been cross posting on the SVTOA site and finally made some headway there and found, what I think, are the vestiges of the the local SVTOA chapter. The Chapter exists it's just in a bit of dissarray. I'll keep cross posting information and try to get the other owners I've met to start posting more actively. It may be a good start and perhaps we can get something going locally. At the very least, keep in mind that 2009 Camp Steeda at Sebring is coming up in May and that may be a good opportunity to bring some of the local owners together.

GT

• 1 year later...

Any further information on South Florida Shelby Clubs? I'm moving to Hollywood next month and would love to meet up with some fellow Shelby owners.

Sean

Any further information on South Florida Shelby Clubs? I'm moving to Hollywood next month and would love to meet up with some fellow Shelby owners.

Sean

Sorry to say no Shelby Club or SVTOA Club. However, there are a lot of Mustang Clubs...it just depends on what you are looking for. I think the largest gathering is SSF (Stangs of S. Florida) and then you have SFS (South Florida Stangs). Both of these are Internet Based Clubs but host events and cruises. Then there are more localized clubs, one based out of Miami called Magic City Mustang Club; another out of Ft. Lauderdale (Ft. Lauderdale Mustang Club) and one out of West Palm (Palm Beach Mustang Club)...I guess we aren't much on name creativity. These last 3 are more "brick and mortar" style clubs with a Ford dealership link/support and hold monthly meetings. I believe the Fort Lauderdale Club is the only MCA linked club.

All clubs have Shelby members and some of us cross populate with other clubs. One thing with S. Florida..there are a lot of Car Clubs and a car show just about every weekend. All the clubs have web sites so you can get a feal for what they do and what happens. You can easily join the forum for SSF and SFS. In the end it just depends on what you are looking for....performance, track or social....each club offers a slight variance. Once you get into the area PM me and we can talk some more.

Good Luck on the move!

GT

Sean

Sean,

Yeah, nothing much on a Shelby team type of org. down here, just a whole bunch of clubs. I belong to many and go to shows and cruises with many of them.

Check some of them out. SSF and other clubs are great because many speed shops gives members of certain forums nice discounts. Here are some links to check.

http://www.musclestangsofmiami.com/ This club has a discount code for Steeda and other local shops. Luis is the OIC and they do lots of car shows.

http://www.stangsofsouthflorida.com/forum/register.php Most of the speed shops are here and are very active. Very tight group, funny folks there so don't take offense at some things. 9/11 run is mostly ran by them. Ben is the guy that runs it, cool guy.

http://www.horsepowernation.com/ These guys are not very into the shows but rather track events and they have Chevy and Fords.

http://www.palmbeachmustangclub.com/pbmc/index.php These guys are serious about road course racing and have lots of good info about track set ups.

Those on this thread .... pls pm me ..... got some great news for you !

Thanks for the heads up ... I will delete a few !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

:headscratch: Anyone know if there are any Shelby Clubs in the Miami/Fort Lauderdae area of South Florida??? I know of the Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach Mustang clubs but I was thinking that with all the Shelbys on the street down here that there would be somethng organized just for the Shelbys. If anyone has a line on something could you post a reply....

Thanks! :happy feet:

Hi,

I would be interested in a Shelby club club in the area live in pompano beach

and drive a 2008 Shelby GT 500 black convertible.

Thanks,

Ron

• 4 weeks later...

Chris and the others ..... Im looking at breaking up the Team Shelby Florida Chapter into three to five Zones

NW zone which will encpompass Pensacola to I-75 .... NE zone which will encompass -75 east to the coast

Central zone which will include Orlando ... Tpa ... and surrounding areas ... and SE zone that will include your area. To me it makes more sense to have different zones because not many people in Pensacola would be able to treck down to Miami and vice versa.

Lets talk about getting a SE zone established for the Team Shelby Florida Chapter and get things going !!

Chris and the others ..... Im looking at breaking up the Team Shelby Florida Chapter into three to five Zones

NW zone which will encpompass Pensacola to I-75 .... NE zone which will encompass -75 east to the coast

Central zone which will include Orlando ... Tpa ... and surrounding areas ... and SE zone that will include your area. To me it makes more sense to have different zones because not many people in Pensacola would be able to treck down to Miami and vice versa.

Lets talk about getting a SE zone established for the Team Shelby Florida Chapter and get things going !!

Sounds like a great idea, let me know what needs to be done to accomplish this. I want our own FL Shelby gear :happy feet:

This sounds great to me as well. Would love to be a part of it. Please keep us updated.

Sean

This sounds great to me as well. Would love to be a part of it. Please keep us updated.

Sean

sean

consider it done ! :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone know if there are any Shelby Clubs in the Palm Beach/Fort Lauderdale area of South Florida?

Thank's

Mike,

If you find any please pm me. I also want to know. I am going to be new to Key Largo soon and am looking for other shelby people to get together and such.

Regards, jonathan

Hi,

Anyone know if there are any Shelby Clubs in the Palm Beach/Fort Lauderdale area of South Florida?

Thank's

Not a "Shelby" club per sé but these guys are hardcore road racers, some will be at the Shelby Sebring event. Cool guys overall.

I have been getting great pointers from them.

http://palmbeachmustangclub.com/pbmc/index.php

This forum/club is pretty cool too, this one well known by majority of the mustang clubs and vendors.

http://www.stangsofsouthflorida.com/forum/

Welcome and hope to see ya around.

Archived