TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch condition before TSB

FiaCobra

For those that had the trans TSB, what did your clutch look like before it was replaced? Mine looks like toast with only 2000 miles on it !!

I'm going back with a camera to snap a few pics of the damage. This concerns me if it wears that fast. I guess i'll have to modify my driving habits if I want this thing to last.

clutchrz8.jpg

clutch2sr2.jpg

For those that had the trans TSB, what did your clutch look like before it was replaced? Mine looks like toast with only 2000 miles on it !!

I'm going back with a camera to snap a few pics of the damage. This concerns me if it wears that fast. I guess i'll have to modify my driving habits if I want this thing to last.

clutchrz8.jpg

clutch2sr2.jpg

Hopefully I'm capable of posting some pics of my own. I took these earlier this week of mine, an '08 with about 5,000 miles. I might be getting it back, full TSB+ a new tranny- I guess there were problems with the syncro's as well. If I am unsuccesful posting the pics, mine looks likes yours with an aditional 3,000 miles.

post-8409-1233262405.jpg

post-8409-1233262699.jpg

Wags

Thanks, that's what I want to see. If anyone has pics of their clutch pre TSB, please post.

Wags...they still have your car? How are they gonna replace the trans if synchros are part of the TSB?

Thanks, that's what I want to see. If anyone has pics of their clutch pre TSB, please post.

Wags...they still have your car? How are they gonna replace the trans if synchros are part of the TSB?

Yes- they still have the car. From what they tell me, and me not being a total gearhead- there was still some pretty strong grinding when shifting, therefore they have made the decision to replace the old tranny with a new unit. Fine by me.

Wags

Archived