TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Moroso coolant expansion tank install

I checked it out and I think SPP has something similar to this on their site, as well, FYI.

I'm actually looking for a carbon fiber rad cover for mine, to match my Steeda intake elbow.

Anyone know of any that accept the stock hood prop (as opposed to needing hood struts)??

Ken

Guest hfrosso
I checked it out and I think SPP has something similar to this on their site, as well, FYI.

I'm actually looking for a carbon fiber rad cover for mine, to match my Steeda intake elbow.

Anyone know of any that accept the stock hood prop (as opposed to needing hood struts)??

Ken

Take a look at this siter they have one that accepts the hood prop

www.southernmustangparts.com

Man, I hate this forum. Everytime I start checking out what people have done my wallet gets pounded. I just had to go and buy the Moroso Coolant and Power Steering tanks and the FRPP 5230-5GT exhaust. Why do I punish myself like this. I liked it better when the site was down and my wallet was all nice and safe in my pocket.

Don

Man, I hate this forum. Everytime I start checking out what people have done my wallet gets pounded. I just had to go and buy the Moroso Coolant and Power Steering tanks and the FRPP 5230-5GT exhaust. Why do I punish myself like this. I liked it better when the site was down and my wallet was all nice and safe in my pocket.

Don

I know what you mean, although I went with the Canton tank (I'd already ordered it when the cap issue was clarified).

I did find a billet radiator cap and added a 40-inch overflow hose that ends just below the shield that fits between the bottom of the radiator and the front bumper cover. Per advice from another, I used a turkey baster to lower the level of fluid before disconnecting and quickly reconnecting the hoses. I used two clean half-gallon fruit-juice bottles for the off-loading; didn't lose a drop.

The cap is from eBaY seller Universal Parts Inc

Part number Z19203 16 LB

They describe it as "chrome", but it looks like polished billet to me. Nice smooth surface for your choice of decals.

Cap and tank closeup underhoodRadTankRFV30708.jpg ... Underhood view underhoodRadBilletCap30702.jpg

As for replacing the power steering reservoir with the aluminum tank from Moroso, truth be told, I don't like the mounting tab; even in plastic, I think the stock one looks better. Chacon a son gout or summat like that.

underhoodRadTankRFV30708.jpg

underhoodRadBilletCap30702.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey Don,

am I correct in seeing that it looks like you have the Shelby Billet cap on your Moroso PS resevoir?

I thought Kahmann had previously mentioned he had to use their cap due to fitment issues.

Was simply wondering as am about to order both tanks.

Thanks,

Shannon

I think someone mentioned elsewhere that the Moroso tank fixes an issue with the stock tank, mainly that the stock tank/cap leaks and or fails when used with a supercharger. I believe it only occurs with the Paxton charger.

Sam

The Paxton/Vortech relocate the coolant tank to above the exhaust headers on the passenger side. The also replace the tank with their own black plastic tank. The tank is made in two pieces molded together. The heat from the exhaust and coolant cause the tank to begin bulging out and eventually the tank splits where it is molded together causing a leak.

Hey Don,

am I correct in seeing that it looks like you have the Shelby Billet cap on your Moroso PS resevoir?

I thought Kahmann had previously mentioned he had to use their cap due to fitment issues.

Was simply wondering as am about to order both tanks.

Thanks,

Shannon

Shannon, I do have the cap on there but it's not real. I am in the process of figuring out how to mate the Shelby cap with the Moroso one but that picture is of the Shelby cap, that I machined the threads off, sitting on the tank for a show I was in. When the show was over I screwed the Moroso cap on for my trip home. Once I figure out how to mate the 2 I'll post pictures. It shouldn't be to hard but just haven't gotten around to making it happen.

Don

We are in the process of producing a lazer etched logo coolant tank and power steering res. tank that utilize factory or our logo'ed caps. They will be clear or black anodized and a 3 tank set for the SC'ed SGT's. Along with this will be a Shelby High Performance cooling system. High flow radiator and for the SC'ed cars a dual pass intercooler with twin puller fans. The Whipple/Ford Racing is close to being tested and applications for the Paxton and Kenne Bell to follow.

Stay tuned for a late summer early fall release.

Roger

We are in the process of producing a lazer etched logo coolant tank and power steering res. tank that utilize factory or our logo'ed caps. They will be clear or black anodized and a 3 tank set for the SC'ed SGT's. Along with this will be a Shelby High Performance cooling system. High flow radiator and for the SC'ed cars a dual pass intercooler with twin puller fans. The Whipple/Ford Racing is close to being tested and applications for the Paxton and Kenne Bell to follow.

Roger

I like it... :drool:

• 1 month later...

Roger

Any update on these Roger? Does it still look like an 09 release for the SPP tanks?

Ken

• 4 months later...

Roger

:surrender::lurk:

Installed my tanks today..have to say, its not hard. even with the directions here, it's easy. The only thing you have to watch out is spilling the coolant or the pwr steering fluid. The pwr steering reservoir was harder to remove because the cold air intake was in the way. Job took less than 1 hr.

Damn! Way too Expensive! I purchased pieces of Moroso set as well. The part I held off from buying was the power steering tank. I will wait for SPP to sell theirs as a stand alone unit or until Moroso or Canton makes one where I can use my SGT billet cap.

I was contemplating waiting too. I'm just a little impatient to wait for it. So for now I just used a wheel decal over the Moroso cap.

P1010006-2.jpg

Archived