TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Edelbrock E-Force SC

I contatced Edelbrock today regarding their E-Force SC. It will fit under the Ford Racing strut brace and appears to have a stock look compared to the KB or Whipple. Not thrilled about the covers. However they said they will have other logos in the spring and are not needed for the install.

The KB and whipple will require the brace to be removed and the hood on a GTH to be modified which I do not want to do like so many others.

I think the positive displacement SC would work better with the auto trans than the Paxton. I am leaning to iether Paxton or maybe the E-Force.

Anyone consider putting this on their SGT or GTH?

466 hp at 5 psi boost. All bolt on, no modifications such as drilling etc.

www.edelbrock.com

I contatced Edelbrock today regarding their E-Force SC. It will fit under the Ford Racing strut brace and appears to have a stock look compared to the KB or Whipple. Not thrilled about the covers. However they said they will have other logos in the spring and are not needed for the install.

The KB and whipple will require the brace to be removed and the hood on a GTH to be modified which I do not want to do like so many others.

I think the positive displacement SC would work better with the auto trans than the Paxton. I am leaning to iether Paxton or maybe the E-Force.

Anyone consider putting this on their SGT or GTH?

466 hp at 5 psi boost. All bolt on, no modifications such as drilling etc.

www.edelbrock.com

I'd go with the E-Force, very efficent design more bang for your $$$

Edelbrock is a solid name and this SC is worth looking at. But the stock set up is talking flywheel horsepower, not RWHP. Edelbrock is already putting together a kit with higher boost to take it to where the KB, Whipple and Paxton are sitting now. They will likely need some kind of fuel pump help to deliver the higher numbers. I want to see what the higher horsepower kit looks like, what it costs and what it puts out. You cannot have too many choices in this area but want to be careful you are comparing apples with apples (RWHP). Good luck with your choice.

Jim

There's also the Roushcharger TVS. In a way I'd rather have "Roush" on the airtube than Edelbrock if I'm interested in keeping mods in the Ford 'family' (since no Ford/FRP/Shelby TVS presently exists for the 4.6 3V).

I guess I'd be more inclined to go with the Roushcharger (who has deep experience tuing Ford engines and built/packaged the TVS for FRP for the GT500, etc) and then I'd shamelessly replace the Roushcharger label on the TVS with an FRP label and either go with a different airtube or just grind Roush off it (I think it's plastic) and apply a nice Ford/FRP/Shelby tag of some sort ...or just leave it saying "Roush." ...either way (Roush or Edelbrock) the TVS rocks, imo, but Roush is Ford 'family' for sure. ...just my perverted view ;-)

Maybe Shelby would consider doing something with Edelbrock so it could be put into the registry. I know in the 60s Edelbrock was on many shelbys. I would like to keep it FRPP or Shelby, I just do not want to cut up the hood or loose the strut brace.

:banghead:

Maybe Shelby would consider doing something with Edelbrock so it could be put into the registry. I know in the 60s Edelbrock was on many shelbys. I would like to keep it FRPP or Shelby, I just do not want to cut up the hood or loose the strut brace.

:banghead:

sound's like the Paxton

• 2 weeks later...

After reading about this tonight in the latest "Mustang Monthly" and then doing a bit of research online, I'm 110% sold on the E-Force S/C.

The primary reason is the fact that they're able to attain 500 HP at the flywheel with only 5 lbs of boost.

I haven't been very comfortable with the idea of forcing the kind of air that the KB, Whipple, or Paxton put out into the weak bottom end of my 3V (relative to the much more robust 4V). That's not to knock anyone that's put those in their cars at all. Any of those are awesome options. I'm just paranoid, I guess!

This is the perfect solution for me. The overall 'look' of the blower is gorgeous, IMO, and I like the fact that I can keep my strut tower brace. I'll wait until the new covers are released, however.

Most of the other engine bay mods I've dumped my dough into are going to be up for sale, once this thing is installed though, as most of them would need to be replaced or returned to stock.

If anyone else has a qualified opinion on this blower, I'd love to hear it, before I put my money on the table.

I've been sold on the Paxton since before I even bought my SGT, but this is just too ideal to my taste for me to pass up on.

Ken

Ken, if you decide on the E-force, keep me posted. I must agree, I think it would be a very good set-up. It also retains a stock look. It has a cold air intake option as well. The air flow path seems to be a good design.

Yeah man I definitely will. FYI here's another thread about it http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...=38650&st=0

Ken

Ok, so what is the price??? I am trying to figure out what route to go and get it done by the end of March for my S/C. I hate not sending it back to Quantum or Shelby but they are too far away.

Most of the pricing I've found has been around $5500-$5900.

JEGS sells them, along with a lot of other vendors that you can find by searching Google's 'shopping' tab.

Ken

Smitty Smith, Edelbrock Technical Sales Coordinator in Torrance CA told me the cost is $5,799 and install labor is around $800 to $1,000.

That is on target, Tillman in PA has it for $5795 with I believe a $800 install for pre-orders. I am waiting to see the enhanced version that puts out a little more power.

Archived