TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 brakes

pottydr

I was told by a SAI mod shop person that the gt500 brakes would work on my car with the rims that I have on the car, so if you are selling your take off brakes I would like to buy them, I do not want to spend 1100.00 on a new set and find out they wont work, I really dont want to change my rims if I do not have too, I did see them on his SGT and he had no spacers on them, please pm me and see if we can reach a deal. If I have to buy new tires and wheels I will go all out and get the AP brakes/alcoa rims in 11inch when they come available, thanks, Rick

... I really dont want to change my rims if I do not have too, I did see them on his SGT and he had no spacers on them

Rick,

Unfortanately, not in reply to your search for GT500 Brembo brakes takeoffs...

But my 2 cents based on all the information I've read and re-read.... our stock SGT wheels will not work with the GT500 Brembo brakes due to lack of clearance required for the much larger calipers.

I too would like to upgrade to the GT500 brakes, but have yet to find a workable solution with the stock wheels other than spacers. Very uncertain about using spacers.

As you know the brake upgrade easily doubles in price if different wheels & tires are required.

If money wasn't an issue, then I do like your idea of the total upgrade package with something like Jim has with AP 6 piston brakes in front and 4 piston in the rear and some flavor of new wheels & tires.

Good Luck!

Lg

• 2 weeks later...
I know we have been told, but If I didnt see them with my own eyes I would not have belived it, so I will roll the dice and see if they fit

Rick,

Your rims don't quite look like the stock SGT rims...they look more like the Bullit rims...did you change them or was that done at SAI before you took delivery of it???

I know my eyes aren't quite what they used to be, but just looking at your pictures, they don't look "stock". I know my SGT wheels only had 1/8 of an inch of clearance between the stock calipers and the wheel, so I'm betting that unless your wheels are not "stock", the Brembo's won't fit...

Rick, I too remember your wheels being BULLITT wheels too, is that correct? Ive finally gotten enough yes answers that all the SHELBY brake kits will work with my 18" CS69's that i am finally pulling the trigger on them. Im buying the Shelby/Baer Pro Plus brakes have you thought about these?

Chris

I know we have been told, but If I didnt see them with my own eyes I would not have belived it, so I will roll the dice and see if they fit

If you want to change out the wheels and tires I have my Stock Gt500 Brakes, Front and Rear wheels and tires.

Got to say, I like the look of your wheels better then the stock GT500.

Jim

Archived