TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It can happen here too.

Guest markham51
It can happen here too.

Remember that obama supported the Washington DC total gun ban.

This video is from England.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=yTq2NEUlhDE>

>>

For purposes of a good argument.....

On Obama:

Didn't he clarify his position on this during the campaign? I understand he came out in support of overturning the ban.

On Tony Martin:

As far as the Tony Martin case is concerned, it is 8 years old and Tony Martin was a bit of a nut job with connections to a Hitler/Aryan support group who believed by some accounts that certain ethnic groups should be lined up and machined gunned to death. Im of English ancestry myself and even i know the English can be a little....how do you say it...eccentric?

At the time ....some tried to make this about gun ownership to support their policical agenda. Its not....the jury didn't convict Martin because he was some bloke who simply caught some people raiding his farm, they convicted him because they thought he acted irresponsibly and was a danger to the community. Different issue in my view. You know...guns dont kill people etc, etc.

I support the right for citizens to own guns so they can protect themselves and their property but I think where a death is involved we have to be careful to sort out the normal law abiding citizens from the crazies and treat them accordingly.

As far as Obama is concerned wether he changed his mind or he is simply changing his position I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Or you can march on Washington to make your point.

I would also admit that I have never lived in a community where I have felt personally threatened and so I understand the emotional side of this issue. Im a hunter and I believe that gun ownership should be legal (as long as you are not shooting Canadian geese unless they attack you first) :hysterical:

On Obama:

Didn't he clarify his position on this during the campaign? I understand he came out in support of overturning the ban.

On Tony Martin:

As far as the Tony Martin case is concerned, it is 8 years old and Tony Martin was a bit of a nut job with connections to a Hitler/Aryan support group who believed by some accounts that certain ethnic groups should be lined up and machined gunned to death. Im of English ancestry myself and even i know the English can be a little....how do you say it...eccentric?

At the time ....some tried to make this about gun ownership to support their policical agenda. Its not....the jury didn't convict Martin because he was some bloke who simply caught some people raiding his farm, they convicted him because they thought he acted irresponsibly and was a danger to the community. Different issue in my view. You know...guns dont kill people etc, etc.

I support the right for citizens to own guns so they can protect themselves and their property but I think where a death is involved we have to be careful to sort out the normal law abiding citizens from the crazies and treat them accordingly.

As far as Obama is concerned wether he changed his mind or he is simply changing his position I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Or you can march on Washington to make your point.

I would also admit that I have never lived in a community where I have felt personally threatened and so I understand the emotional side of this issue. Im a hunter and I believe that gun ownership should be legal (as long as you are not shooting Canadian geese unless they attack you first) :hysterical:

You will soon learn not to bother with reason... :lurk:

On Obama:

On Tony Martin:

As I remember Klinton also made it clear before he was elected the first time that he and I quote " supported the right of the people to own firearms" and a year latter the Brady Bill was passed and the next day he went duck hunting, to show what a gun owner he was......what a turd. Obama has always been anti-gun and always will be, he just lied to get the fence sitters on his side.

Why does everyone (law makers that is) cease to recognize the criminal in all of this? How come the "Law Abiding" get punished with more rules, regulations, and laws? I can't think of the last time I robbed a 7-11.....well, that's because I never did !! Why should I be punished?

How about passing a nice law that says "While in the commission of a crime, if a firearm is used, you'll be automatically charged with ....................(fill in the blank.) It's about time criminals pay for their crimes, not us law abiding folks.

Why does everyone (law makers that is) cease to recognize the criminal in all of this? How come the "Law Abiding" get punished with more rules, regulations, and laws? I can't think of the last time I robbed a 7-11.....well, that's because I never did !! Why should I be punished?

How about passing a nice law that says "While in the commission of a crime, if a firearm is used, you'll be automatically charged with ....................(fill in the blank.) It's about time criminals pay for their crimes, not us law abiding folks.

Thats already the case in California I am pretty sure.

Thats already the case in California I am pretty sure.

While you may be correct, the point i'm trying to make is....why not avert the efforts of passing more stringent laws from the law abiding to those who insist on breaking the law? The emphasis should be on the punishment for those who use firearms illegally.

Archived