TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dow drops a record amount for an Inauguaration Day

So you you did what I was thinking! I steal think its going to go back up. I watched alittle TV today and everyone looks so EXCITED

MM

I think it will go back up to but, financial people dont generally buy into hype

I think it will go back up to but, financial people dont generally buy into hype

Just trying to catch the market before it shot up on the transfer of power.

I've made a lot money beating the market on unrelated political news and BS speculation over the past several years.

Oh well, you win some, you lose less. ;)

Ken

The other day I was ready to :hide: under my porch. The I thought about what a lot of you guys said about wait and see :lurk:

Well, Obama has only been President 1/2 a day and my 401K dropped to the lowest it has ever been.

That porch is lookin' pretty good right about now :hide: :tequila: :hide:

The other day I was ready to :hide: under my porch. The I thought about what a lot of you guys said about wait and see :lurk:

Well, Obama has only been President 1/2 a day and my 401K dropped to the lowest it has ever been.

That porch is lookin' pretty good right about now :hide: :tequila: :hide:

This :censored: has been going on since September and you still got money in the Stock Market :finger:

There's only one thing left to do..................... :beerchug:

There's only one thing left to do..................... :beerchug:

Let's give this man a chance, enoughing guessing, bitching and bickering, none of us could even fathom what that job could entail.

I would not want that job for all of the money on earth, imagine the pressures to fix this awful economy, end the war, while at the same time protect our country from terror, restore growth and create jobs, re-work N.A.F.T.A.

I just hope that he can work with both sides and get something done, for the first time in over 60 years the majority of the country on both sides support this man, and feel confident in him. I think we should alldo the same and hopefully we can turn this country around and restore confidence in the american public.

Guest markham51

The market reacted to specific enconomic news. The financial markets are particularly volatile/vulnerable right now. The article says be very careful on buying into this market right now as financial institutions will need to make moves to increase their equity base to offset asset writedowns. Translation...they need to sell more stock. We all need to hold our breath for a little while longer.ie.. Banks are in a terrible mess still...

So if you bet on investor sentiment carrying the day today, you were unlucky. Bad banking news trumps "hopeful investor sentiment" in this down market. Vegas has better odd these days me thinks. The market will come back, the question is when. Be careful not to be overloaded in any particular segment unless you are clairvoyant.

I watched alittle TV today and everyone looks so EXCITED

Of course everyone that shows up on TV is excited about obama. You don't actually think the people who are unhappy about this are going to be out at all the inauguration day gatherings do you?

Let's give this man a chance, enoughing guessing, bitching and bickering, none of us could even fathom what that job could entail.

I would not want that job for all of the money on earth, imagine the pressures to fix this awful economy, end the war, while at the same time protect our country from terror, restore growth and create jobs, re-work N.A.F.T.A.

I just hope that he can work with both sides and get something done, for the first time in over 60 years the majority of the country on both sides support this man, and feel confident in him. I think we should alldo the same and hopefully we can turn this country around and restore confidence in the american public.

+1

Well Said...............

Archived