TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Door plate sills -Shelby

DPHSOONER

They do not go over top, so you can pull the SVT plates off and replace or....buy a set of v6 mustang sill mouldings and put the plates in those. This is what I did and it looks like factory original

If your careful you can remove your old ones without destroying them. Take some monofilment ( fish line) & insert it in a corner & work it down the length of the sill plate. Take solvent cleaner & remove any excess tape or glue , use a hair dryer to heat the new sill & install pressing down firmly.

If your careful you can remove your old ones without destroying them. Take some monofilment ( fish line) & insert it in a corner & work it down the length of the sill plate. Take solvent cleaner & remove any excess tape or glue , use a hair dryer to heat the new sill & install pressing down firmly.

+1....but you'll also want to use the hair dryer to heat the existing adhesive to aid the fishing line in removal

They do not go over top, so you can pull the SVT plates off and replace or....buy a set of v6 mustang sill mouldings and put the plates in those. This is what I did and it looks like factory original

Do you have a part number for the v6 sill mouldings? And a cost? My local Ford dealer didn't seem to find anything when I asked the parts guy except for ones with the plates already in them.

Here are the numbers I ordered and are perfect replacements.

5R3Z6313208CAC

5R3Z6313209CAC

They were 24.37 a piece. I sealed my OEMs up and tagged them.

Scuff-Plates-GT500-004.jpg

Sealed-OEM-Parts-004.jpg

Archived