TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension Squeaks

Hey Guys, sorry to repeat this, I know I have seen an email trail on this somewhere. What did all do to stop the squeaking is the suspension. In driving over speed bumps (slow) you can definetly hear the squeaking. It is a 2008 Shelby GT coupe.

Mine also squeaks like you describe. The FR handling pkg has eurothane bushings that add NVH to the ride. The only lasting way to rid yourself of the squeek would be to go back to stock rubber bushings and lose the added performance.

I personally do not mind the sqeek and when driving "spirited", I can't hear the NVH over the sound of the motor/exhaust.

Dan

Mine was the same check the lube points on your sway bars no grease was in mine. I bought some dry lube at wal mart similar to WD 40 and I sprayed ALL moving pivots in car I do this to all my cars once a year, check the exhaust hangers in rear may be touching though I think that was on 07s, since your are under car check you shifter bolts and lube that also. After I did all that my car is now quiet Bruce

Guys, this has been covered before...the Urethane bushings do squeak and there is not really anything you can do about it...WD40 helps some, some if not all of the 08 models have grease zerks that you can apply grease to them. The squeak is NOT covered by FORD warranty or SAI warranty...it states so in the warranty books...

Turn the radio up or take it out on the highway and listen to the exhaust sound...don't sweat the small stuff...

When I changed the rubber bushings on my '65-'70 Mustangs, supplied with the new urethane parts is a tube of assembly lube. It is a silicone grease. I buy it at pool supply stores in tube form where it is used on 'O' rings around valves. A spray white lithium grease also works for a time, but not like the silicone grease.

When I changed the rubber bushings on my '65-'70 Mustangs, supplied with the new urethane parts is a tube of assembly lube. It is a silicone grease. I buy it at pool supply stores in tube form where it is used on 'O' rings around valves. A spray white lithium grease also works for a time, but not like the silicone grease.

Ok, I got my answer. Thanks for your feedback. It does happen when I have the radio down, hummmmm????????? Probably just a radio problem, so I will just turn it UP!!!!!!!

:hysterical:

Archived