TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Congratulations to the 1st African-American President of the United States!

I have never been prouder to be an American.

Whether he is a good or bad President (a lot of which depends on your viewpoint), the fact that we could elect this man is more important to the nation than his tenure in the office.

So here's to our new President and to America, this is truly the land of Freedom and Opportunity for ALL, and in this world that is a rare thing indeed.

audax non habet inimicum nisi ignorantem

KC666 :rockon:

I have never been prouder to be an American.

Whether he is a good or bad President (a lot of which depends on your viewpoint), the fact that we could elect this man is more important to the nation than his tenure in the office.

KC666 :rockon:

This line scares me..................................... I think his Tenure In Office and what he can Do is way more Important then anything else.......... OH, and I also believe it was the Media that got him ellected. But since he is our new President, I will give him a chance.

David.

Time will tell. I didnt vote for him because I thought he was the wrong person for the job - but I will respect his position. HOPEFULLY I am wrong about him.

AMAZING picture of the National Mall. Not sure financially how this event compares to past events - but to spend $170M at THIS time is nutts.

post-22862-1232466116_thumb.jpg

post-22862-1232466116_thumb.jpg

I still dont understand why this has to be a racial thing?

I didnt vote for him, but I will support him. Unless he turns on the great county!

God Bless AMERICA!!!

MM

+10. This is 2009, not 1965.

Erik

I never looked at him as a black man............................I looked at him as a guy running for president.

It's all hunkey dorey right now, but the worm will turn on him, I hope he gets the same disrespect that our past presidents have gotten by the so called critics.

I agree Michael it shouldn't be racial but about the best person to lead your country

I am Canadian and Although I am not an American, I support him as President and hopefully he walks the walk to match the way he talks

It is time to rid the US of a trillion $ deficit, make peace and move forward

I didnt vote for him, but I will support him. Unless he turns on the great county!

God Bless AMERICA!!!

MM

I agree Michael it shouldn't be racial but about the best person to lead your country

I am Canadian and Although I am not an American, I support him as President and hopefully he walks the walk to match the way he talks

It is time to rid the US of a trillion $ deficit, make peace and move forward

No one man of for that matter, one country can make peace. While America seems to get the blame for the war and bloodshed, there is no American I dont know that doesnt want peace.

I wish our new President the best and a thank you to the former President as he leaves. Ever notice how a president looks much older as time goes?

Freedom is not Free

God Bless AMERICA!!!

MM

X2 (or 3, whatever number we are up to)

Judging a mans leadership abilities by his color has NEVER been an issue with me or anyone in my house for that matter and I could not understand why race kept coming up....

.....until this past weekend.

I was looking at a Kimber this weekend and the conversation turned to "better buy it now before Obama get's into office". I just chuckled and made small talk as I don't usually get into politics. The next comment not only immediately angered me but also embarrassed me as the comment which proceeded out of the stereotypical southern white guys chewing tobacco filled mouth was "I thought I would see a women get it in my lifetime before I saw one of those". I was so taken aback I stood there glaring for a second and I guess he sensed the tension coming from my 6'1" large framed self because he quickly turned and walked off. I just left and did not do business with him. I was so pissed I can't even remember what caliber the gun was....

Disagree with the man for his principles not his color.

I wish him all the luck in the world and I will give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Judging a mans leadership abilities by his color has NEVER been an issue with me or anyone in my house for that matter and I could not understand why race kept coming up....

I was looking at a Kimber this weekend and the conversation turned to "better buy it now before Obama get's into office". I just chuckled and made small talk as I don't usually get into politics. The next comment not only immediately angered me but also embarrassed me as the comment which proceeded out of the stereotypical southern white guys chewing tobacco filled mouth was "I thought I would see a women get it in my lifetime before I saw one of those". I was so taken aback I stood there glaring for a second and I guess he sensed the tension coming from my 6'1" large framed self because he quickly turned and walked off. I just left and did not do business with him. I was so pissed I can't even remember what caliber the gun was....

I wish him all the luck in the world and I will give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

There is still a lot of racism in the US. It goes both ways and its wrong in any way

Bingo, Stump!

I voted for McCain not for color reason, but what each man stood for.

Lets get over the racism and get to making this country even better!!!

MM

+10. This is 2009, not 1965.

Erik

I disagree completely. I didn't vote for him either, but the historical significance of this event is the result of the civil rights movement. Many people died for the fundamental liberty to vote.

Even Jesse Jackson said that in a "54-year marathon race, Barack ran the last lap." I feel this is very true. We cannot forget the civil rights movement any more than we can forget 9/11 or the Holocaust. Move on, yes. But never forget.

And when the first woman takes office (come on Palin!), it will be just as significant.

Although I did not vote Democrat, I see the looks on the peoples faces at the Mall and also have a feeling of hope.

Truly a great day for America! Obama is smart and will do the right thing for his/our country.

He has my full support going forward.

I was in the Marines when Carter was President, and he got my support...

Dan

I also did NOT vote for him because I did not know who he was. I respect the office of president and I can not truly say that about Obama. Like I said before I do not know who he realy Is. The media did a steller job of keeping things quite. I guess I did not drink enough Obama Cool-Aid to fall head over heals for him with out knowing nothing about him. Obama will not get a free ride from me. Every time he messes up I will be there to let everone know. Just like they did to former President Bush. I support President Obama I to was In the Marine corp. We will ALL know him by his fruits. Lets see how long it takes. Hey I am NOT a racist either my oldest grandson who is 13 Is American American. I will support the Preident when he does the right thing and I will not support him when he does the wrong thing. May God bless AMERICA and may God bless R new President Mr Obama.

I also did NOT vote for him because I did not know who he was. I respect the office of president and I can not truly say that about Obama. Like I said before I do not know who he realy Is. The media did a steller job of keeping things quite. I guess I did not drink enough Obama Cool-Aid to fall head over heals for him with out knowing nothing about him. Obama will not get a free ride from me. Every time he messes up I will be there to let everone know. Just like they did to former President Bush. I support President Obama I to was In the Marine corp. We will ALL know him by his fruits. Lets see how long it takes. Hey I am NOT a racist either my oldest grandson who is 13 Is American American. I will support the Preident when he does the right thing and I will not support him when he does the wrong thing. May God bless AMERICA and may God bless R new President Mr Obama.

:headscratch:

Archived