TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help, please!

ninomambo

Hello,

I'm soon to be a new owner, but I was hoping someone would help me "spot" a real Shelby GT. I'm new to all this and don't want to be ripped off. Can anyone tell me if by the VIN # or anything else I can know for sure I'm getting the real deal in my 2007? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

The first thing to look for is the hood scoop. A REAL Shelby GT has a scoop rivited onto the hood, and it should be warped. It will have a dash plaque with a CSM #, like 07SGTxxxx. Look at pics of other SGT's on this site, it's a unique car, you shouldn't have any problem distinguishing one.

The first thing to look for is the hood scoop. A REAL Shelby GT has a scoop rivited onto the hood, and it should be warped. It will have a dash plaque with a CSM #, like 07SGTxxxx. Look at pics of other SGT's on this site, it's a unique car, you shouldn't have any problem distinguishing one.

Just to clarify - 2007 Shelby GT's did not have fully riveted scoops, but were instead bolted / screwed to the hood and had fake rivets. Some 2007 owners, like myself, are having that scoop replaced with the new and improved Sheby GT scoop which is fully riveted to the hood (see the scoop threads for the long history).

There is also a Shelby tag located under the hood near the driver side headlamp which provides the CSM #.

You could check out my Cardomain site for more info that might help.

One day soon the new Shelby Registry will be published which should provide the VIN match for the CSM #.

I suggest that you post pictures and details of whatever Shelby GT it is that your looking at on the forum here and let all of us comment on whether it appears to be the real deal.

Hello,

I'm soon to be a new owner, but I was hoping someone would help me "spot" a real Shelby GT. I'm new to all this and don't want to be ripped off. Can anyone tell me if by the VIN # or anything else I can know for sure I'm getting the real deal in my 2007? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

There are a few people on here, including myself who can run an OASIS on the car using your VIN. It will say if it is a true Shelby GT. If you PM the VIN you are considering, I will check for you.

Here are a few things to look for -

Powered by Ford badges on the fenders

hood scoop will be silver with a stripe down the middle and larger than a standard GT scoop either with fake rivets (2007) or real rivets (2008)

7007 colors are black, white, orange (CA) and black with red stripe (Barret Jackson)

2008 is Vista Blue

csm# on dash and under hood

shelby GT stripes and matching silver stripes running the full length across the top of the car

lowered stance with FRPP hardware

FRPP intake

possibly the Shelby GT floormats but they a a lot of times missing on used cars

Or just save yourself a lot of trouble and PM Michael Morris on this board who has proved to be a very reputable dealer of many Shelby's and you to can be a member in the Michael Morris fan club .... :hysterical:

Welcome to the club! Just be sure to bring a towel and bandaids for after the initiation phase. You may want to have a psychologist on retainer as well.

Powered by Ford badges on the fenders

hood scoop will be silver with a stripe down the middle and larger than a standard GT scoop either with fake rivets (2007) or real rivets (2008)

7007 colors are black, white, orange (CA) and black with red stripe (Barret Jackson)

2008 is Vista Blue

csm# on dash and under hood

shelby GT stripes and matching silver stripes running the full length across the top of the car

lowered stance with FRPP hardware

FRPP intake

possibly the Shelby GT floormats but they a a lot of times missing on used cars

Or just save yourself a lot of trouble and PM Michael Morris on this board who has proved to be a very reputable dealer of many Shelby's and you to can be a member in the Michael Morris fan club .... :hysterical:

Welcome to the club! Just be sure to bring a towel and bandaids for after the initiation phase. You may want to have a psychologist on retainer as well.

Thanks Stump!

But the Grabber ORange was 08 not 07. See Im a good dealer!!!!

Let me know if I can help you with a car

MM

Make sure you get a black one...................those are the fastest. :shift:

Make sure you get a black one...................those are the fastest. :shift:

+1 on the black. There is no comparison! :happy feet:

The black will be an 07, with the CSM # on the dash plaque and underhood tag starting with 07SGT****

Good luck in your quest.