TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHO DRIVES THIER 40TH THE MOST? and least

While casually consuming free adult beverages at the Embassy Suite in LA during the recent Shelby Bash with a few dedicated and enthusiastic Shelby folks (pretty good consumers as a sidebar), a certain 40th affectionario (Stuart are you listening) stated that it was his goal, or mission I guess you could call it, to have the most recorded miles driven on their 40th. I've forgotten the exact number, but it is 20 thousand something. By contrast, I know someone else with a 40th that most likely is still in double digits (John are you listening).

So, curiosity killed the cat.

I've got 5,816 of which 4,600 are as a 40th.

How many do you have?

Mine had about 600 on it when it went to SAI for conversion, now has a little over 700. That's what happens when you also own a couple of other high hp vehicles. Also Black is a bitch to keep clean....

I had about 1200 miles when my 40th was being done.

I know have about 3000 miles all highway.

Todd

While casually consuming free adult beverages at the Embassy Suite in LA during the recent Shelby Bash with a few dedicated and enthusiastic Shelby folks (pretty good consumers as a sidebar), a certain 40th affectionario (Stuart are you listening) stated that it was his goal, or mission I guess you could call it, to have the most recorded miles driven on their 40th. I've forgotten the exact number, but it is 20 thousand something. By contrast, I know someone else with a 40th that most likely is still in double digits (John are you listening).

How many do you have?

5,300 miles. About 2,000 since May '08.

This year my goal is to get on the track. After all the Shelby tradition is on the track so why not? I haven't noticed any loss of value on old Shelby's from the track days.

How many do you have?

Hey Cobra Fan,

I'm listening. We're in Florida for continuing education classes and family is also going to Disney. I have about 8700 now. It had 3600 when it went for conversion in April.

I love the car, but I'm also putting it on the for sale page tonight. We'll never sell Lynells' SGT so I can go around the track at Hallett.

Talk soon,

Jon

How many do you have?

I have put about 6000 miles since the conversion.

I think Stuart has us all beat by a large margin.

You're correct! 25,000 miles... Mostly freeway & track miles.... :shift:

(2 trips to LA/Vegas 10,000 miles 1 trip to Terlingua 4,500 miles)

PS I think JustTony has in excess of 20K miles....

I'm a close 2nd, Stuart. I have just over 24k at this point. The 40th was done at about 15k. This is mostly highway to events as well. Though there is a lot of around town driving too. The 1st year - I just couldn't get it out of my system. I made excuses to go out in the car. This past year - not as much. It doesn't go out in winter - and I got caught in rain only a couple times - both at events. So it's no worse for the miles on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived