TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Carroll Shelby Airbag cover only took 7 days to get

Grabber

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure you protect your airbag cover when you send it in.

You can also put your name and instructions on it.

th_KevinsAirbagshipment001.jpg

Then wrap it in some thin foam padding.

1st layer.

th_KevinsAirbagshipment004.jpg

2nd layer

th_KevinsAirbagshipment005.jpg

Then wrap it in some bubble wrap.

th_KevinsAirbagshipment007.jpg

Then put it in a box that will not allow it to slide around.

th_KevinsAirbagshipment008.jpg

This will assure that your airbag travels save and does not get damaged in the mail.

Someone was asking me what the back of the airbag cover looks like. It has a bunch of plastic slots in it that hold the airbag in it. All you have to do is pull the plastic slots away from the airbag tabs and the airbag comes out.

Here is what the back looks like after you pull the airbag out of it. It is also a good pic that sows the 16 clips / tabs that hold the airbag into the dash that you have to release in order to remove the airbag cover.

th_KevinsAirbagshipment003.jpg

• 2 months later...
I Installed my signed airbag cover. It was very easy to take out. No risk to scratching the dash. Just take your time like I did. I think it took me an hour, but I was not in a hurry. In fact I went to a movie with my family after I unhooked the battery and unplugged the airbag. Here are the steps.

1. Un hook the battery. I did both terminals.

2. Remove the glove box cover. 4 screws on the bottom and push the 2 tabs inwards and it comes out.

3. Reach in and unplug the airbag.

4. pull out the 2 screws that hold the airbag to the metal frame.

5. push the 6 bottom clips inwards.

6. Then do the sides.

7. The top is hard to reach, so you push the top drivers side 2 clips inwards and then do the others the best you can.

8. From the outside, slowly pull on the airbag cover from the drivers side first working your way to the passenger side. It comes right out very easly that way. I did not have to force it all. Just slow pressure.

9. Then set the airbag cover on a towell so you don't scratch the front. Remove the airbag unit and put it in the other cover.

10. The cover pops right back in the dash very easy. It just clicks right in.

11. Put the screws back in and plug the bag back in, put the glove box door on and connect the battery.

Mine went in with out a flaw, and the old one came out flawless as well. These 2 PDF files will also help you with the installation of this mod.

Airbag_20panel_20removal_1_.pdfAirbag_20Trim_20Cover_20removal_1_.pdf

th_AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby083.jpg

th_AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby073.jpg

th_AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby072.jpg

th_AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby066.jpg

Bump for the new guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

What's the trick to getting the airbag itself out of the original cover? I've got it out, but can't get the module detached from all those little loops. headscratch.gif

I just did another install for a friend recently and it's kinda fresh in my mind still.

The trick is to roll the airbag with in the cover. When you do this it will come loose from the tabs very easily. Just give the airbag a little trist with in.

Thanks Rob for the quick help. You were right, it twists right out.

Ken

I'm glad that helped.happy%20feet.gif

We can add this info to the installation process now. I'm not sure why I did not include it in the instructions that I posted.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Grabber,

He must have signed yours along with mine.Only 8 days till it showed up,UPS guy wouldn't leave till i opened it.Only toke me about 35 min. to install,Came out a lot easier than i tought.

I sent mine in 3-4 weeks ago and has not arrived yet. I sure hope it comes soon. I am more excited about this "mod" than the CR heat exchanger, shifter, ceramic brake pads & Shelby light bar that are sitting in my garage awaiting installation.

• 7 months later...

My signed Carroll Shelby Airbag Cover has arrived today in record time. 7 days total from the day I shipped it to the day I have it in my hot little hands. :happy feet:

Tracking results as of Jan 13, 2009 1:48 PM CST

Ship date Jan 12, 2009

Destination Gardena, CA

Delivery date Jan 13, 2009 9:50 AM

Signed for by SSMITH

Service type Ground-Domestic

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby001.jpg

Here's the Part number for the GT500 airbag in case anyone wants to order this mod. The airbag cover is $150 bucks.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby006.jpg

Here's what came in my package today.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby008.jpg

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby021.jpg

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby016.jpg

Proof that Carroll Shelby signed it.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby010.jpg

A letter and a invoice comes with it too. Tax right off going to a good cause.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby025.jpg

Here's a photo with the plastic off the bottom front of the airbag cover. Carroll di a very nice job signing it. Thank you Carroll !! smile.gif

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby057.jpg

Here's the instructions link if anyone else wants to send something in to have it signed

http://www.cscf.org/...g_autograph.php

This piece sure means allot to me. Wow.

Sad that CS is not doing well.

This piece sure means allot to me. Wow.

Sad that CS is not doing well.

My signed banner with the 1966 & 2006 GT-H was signed on January 13, 2009 and certificate is # 11621. Must have been signed after your airbag cover.

Archived