TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Carroll Shelby Airbag cover only took 7 days to get

Grabber

My signed Carroll Shelby Airbag Cover has arrived today in record time. 7 days total from the day I shipped it to the day I have it in my hot little hands. :happy feet:

Tracking results as of Jan 13, 2009 1:48 PM CST

Ship date Jan 12, 2009

Destination Gardena, CA

Delivery date Jan 13, 2009 9:50 AM

Signed for by SSMITH

Service type Ground-Domestic

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby001.jpg

Here's the Part number for the GT500 airbag in case anyone wants to order this mod. The airbag cover is $150 bucks.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby006.jpg

Here's what came in my package today.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby008.jpg

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby021.jpg

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby016.jpg

Proof that Carroll Shelby signed it.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby010.jpg

A letter and a invoice comes with it too. Tax right off going to a good cause.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby025.jpg

Here's a photo with the plastic off the bottom front of the airbag cover. Carroll di a very nice job signing it. Thank you Carroll !! :)

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby057.jpg

Here's the instructions link if anyone else wants to send something in to have it signed

http://www.cscf.org/donating_autograph.php

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a great signature, Rob :happy feet:

Still waiting on mine from MM :banghead:

not to hijack your thread but I got my stuff together for framing, am I missing anything?

post-11249-1232421231_thumb.jpg

Those are nice items to frame. If you put your marony window sticker in the frame it would be a nice touch. However.... it will make it bigger.

Looks awesome! :happy feet: :drool: I'm getting ready to have this done with the original cover. Just need to take the time to pull it and send it in.

Let us know how easy the swap over goes. Any tips to pulling the original cover?

Are you going to protect it with the Krylon 1309?

Looks awesome! :happy feet: :drool: I'm getting ready to have this done with the original cover. Just need to take the time to pull it and send it in.

Let us know how easy the swap over goes. Any tips to pulling the original cover?

Are you going to protect it with the Krylon 1309?

I just found a very helpfull thread with all the tips and Ford removal and installation PDF files in it. I will be using all this info in the attached thread to do my installation:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...pic=3458&hl=

I have no plans to spray the dash. There is no track record on that applicationa and I don't have enough balls to do it and possibly ruin a $465 mod. (cover 150+265 to CS)

The most important thing about removing the Airbag cover is to follow the proceedure for disarming the SRS circuit. It also involved removing the battery negative terminal for at least a few minutes to depower the standby battery in the system before trying to remove the airbag and cover. I just did this on my car last week and was not a problem. Whole unit pushes out from the back and then you can carefully remove the cover from the airbag. Is much easier if you remove the glovebox for access. Good luck.

My signed Carroll Shelby Airbag Cover has arrived today in record time. 7 days total from the day I shipped it to the day I have it in my hot little hands. :happy feet:

Tracking results as of Jan 13, 2009 1:48 PM CST

Ship date Jan 12, 2009

Destination Gardena, CA

Delivery date Jan 13, 2009 9:50 AM

Signed for by SSMITH

Service type Ground-Domestic

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby001.jpg

Here's the Part number for the GT500 airbag in case anyone wants to order this mod. The airbag cover is $150 bucks.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby006.jpg

Here's what came in my package today.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby008.jpg

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby021.jpg

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby016.jpg

Proof that Carroll Shelby signed it.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby010.jpg

A letter and a invoice comes with it too. Tax right off going to a good cause.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby025.jpg

Here's a photo with the plastic off the bottom front of the airbag cover. Carroll di a very nice job signing it. Thank you Carroll !! :)

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby057.jpg

Here's the instructions link if anyone else wants to send something in to have it signed

http://www.cscf.org/donating_autograph.php

Hey Rob, I left my GTH old & new Banner at Gardena since I heard Mr. Shelby may not be in LV. My banner was also signed on the 13th. No. 11621. Must of been signed after your air bag cover. The banner will go into a black frame. Should have left my GTH die-cast.

Congrats grabber!!! I got mine from MM and sent it out this monday since no go in vegas, I can't wait to get it back and add to the car!! man what fun it was there and to get something like this!! Have fun , Mickey

• 2 weeks later...

I Installed my signed airbag cover. It was very easy to take out. No risk to scratching the dash. Just take your time like I did. I think it took me an hour, but I was not in a hurry. In fact I went to a movie with my family after I unhooked the battery and unplugged the airbag. Here are the steps.

1. Un hook the battery. I did both terminals.

2. Remove the glove box cover. 4 screws on the bottom and push the 2 tabs inwards and it comes out.

3. Reach in and unplug the airbag.

4. pull out the 2 screws that hold the airbag to the metal frame.

5. push the 6 bottom clips inwards.

6. Then do the sides.

7. The top is hard to reach, so you push the top drivers side 2 clips inwards and then do the others the best you can.

8. From the outside, slowly pull on the airbag cover from the drivers side first working your way to the passenger side. It comes right out very easly that way. I did not have to force it all. Just slow pressure.

9. Then set the airbag cover on a towell so you don't scratch the front. Remove the airbag unit and put it in the other cover.

10. The cover pops right back in the dash very easy. It just clicks right in.

11. Put the screws back in and plug the bag back in, put the glove box door on and connect the battery.

Mine went in with out a flaw, and the old one came out flawless as well. These 2 PDF files will also help you with the installation of this mod.

Airbag_20panel_20removal_1_.pdfAirbag_20Trim_20Cover_20removal_1_.pdf

th_AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby083.jpg

th_AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby073.jpg

th_AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby072.jpg

th_AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby066.jpg

Airbag_20panel_20removal_1_.pdf

Airbag_20Trim_20Cover_20removal_1_.pdf

I took my airbag cover off last week and got online Saturday, gave them my CCard number and they emailed me a confirmation number for the airbag signature indicating they received payment. Should I just fill out the form you have on this post and send it in with the airbag cover along with a copy of the emailed confirmation?

Looks great! Thanks for the instructions.

I'm pulling mine and sending in the original.

Did you have to specify to sign the top of the cover or does Carroll automatically sign it there?

Take some Blue painter tape and do this:

post-6269-1233635702_thumb.jpg

post-6269-1233635702_thumb.jpg

I took my airbag cover off last week and got online Saturday, gave them my CCard number and they emailed me a confirmation number for the airbag signature indicating they received payment. Should I just fill out the form you have on this post and send it in with the airbag cover along with a copy of the emailed confirmation?

Yes - send in the form and since you already paid...make sure to staple a copy of that reciept to the form and make a note of it on the form to see the reciept.

Thanks....

Also, for some reason it was a couple bucks cheaper online and they sent me a FedEx tracking number. ???

1 ea. Carroll Shelby Autograph on a Car Part $262.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$262.95Sub-Total:

$0.00FREE SHIPPING! (Free Shipping Only):

$262.95Total:

Yes - send in the form and since you already paid...make sure to staple a copy of that reciept to the form and make a note of it on the form to see the reciept.

Thanks....

Also, for some reason it was a couple bucks cheaper online and they sent me a FedEx tracking number. ???

1 ea. Carroll Shelby Autograph on a Car Part $262.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$262.95Sub-Total:

$0.00FREE SHIPPING! (Free Shipping Only):

$262.95Total:

How could they send you a Fed X tracking number if they have not shipped your airbag back to you yet ? Very Odd.

I'm guessing it's paperwork. I just`tracked it`and it shows 1 pound. Left TN yesterday! Should be here on the 4th. (Whatever`it`is) I may wait until the package arrives.

How could they send you a Fed X tracking number if they have not shipped your airbag back to you yet ? Very Odd.

Hey Rob, I left my GTH old & new Banner at Gardena since I heard Mr. Shelby may not be in LV. My banner was also signed on the 13th. No. 11621. Must of been signed after your air bag cover. The banner will go into a black frame. Should have left my GTH die-cast.

Here it is

870099b5.jpg

Here it is

870099b5.jpg

That's a great looking banner. Good idea to frame it.

I just did a framing project myself. Saved a ton of money too. The darn framing outfits want a fortune to mat and frame multible photos.

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500012.jpg

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500017.jpg

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500023.jpg

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500024.jpg

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500026.jpg

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500033.jpg

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500034.jpg

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500037.jpg

th_FramedDocumentsforGT500038.jpg

Grabber,

I think this is the best thing i have ever done to my car bar none. I got mine two days before christmas. It was like a 10 day turn around. My number is 11378. I had mr shelby write the vapor silver coupe production number of my car in the corner. Im tryin to get the pic to upload but i just am not having luck with it....if it doesnt post then can u tell me how to get it up there?

post-19906-1233811238_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1233811238_thumb.jpg

Grabber,

I think this is the best thing i have ever done to my car bar none. I got mine two days before christmas. It was like a 10 day turn around. My number is 11378. I had mr shelby write the vapor silver coupe production number of my car in the corner. Im tryin to get the pic to upload but i just am not having luck with it....if it doesnt post then can u tell me how to get it up there?

I agree is is one of the nicest interior mods that one can do. I'm going to enjoy it everytime I drive the car this summer. Some day this mod will not be available so I suggest folks do it if they have the slightest desire to have it. One must travel to Dearborn and go on a tour to get a sheet like I have. It then requires being in the right place at the right time. It was a fluke that I got it.

Archived