TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kenne Bell makes 1174HP with a 5.4V!!

MIKE@KENNEBELL

Mike i have a 2.8 with a 4 lb lower and a 3.25 upper. I have the GT cams and AR headers and no cats. I have been tempted to up the boost via smaller pulley but I called KB some time ago and the advise I got was not to do it as there would be more heat created in the SC that could possible cause intereference in the lobes due to thermal expansion. So pushing the limits of the KB for HP numbers is cool but what is the max boost (and with what exhaust config) that you can run on the street?

I would appreciate your input on this!

Why couldn't the car be returned to stock after adding a KB 2.8H?

it can for more coin. they were talking about ported heads and different cams. with the Hellion it's a bolt on TT kit that works with the stock blower. dial up all the pwer you need, till it blows.

Farm Dog

I spoke with Matt today, the max rpm for the blower for street applications is 17,000 rpm.... I inquired about what cams they have on that application and they told me they were made by accu fab, I'm trying to find out about what type porting etc... was done...

Ed

Farm Dog

I spoke with Matt today, the max rpm for the blower for street applications is 17,000 rpm.... I inquired about what cams they have on that application and they told me they were made by accu fab, I'm trying to find out about what type porting etc... was done...

Ed

Thanks Ed for the note. So what upper pulley combo will approach the 17K RPM range? I suspect a 3 in upper if used by itself (i.e. no lower pulley)

Archived