TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$170M Inauguration

Big waste of money, but that which ever side does it. Not against the dem or reps. Just a BIG waste of money :headscratch:

MM

True, but much more so in today's current state of economic affairs. True change would have been to have this be a low key affair and then get down to business. The $150 mil sure could have helped a lot of people who truly need assistance.

You do have a strange system ,it takes a year to elect a president & then a fortune to get him settled in his job. What a time to be wasting money. Oh well our goverment isn`t much better. I wonder how much they will spend when Obama comes to Canada on his first out of the country visit.

True, but much more so in today's current state of economic affairs. True change would have been to have this be a low key affair and then get down to business. The $150 mil sure could have helped a lot of people who truly need assistance.

All you have to do to pay for this is RAISE taxes! Very easy to do!

This wont cost the GOVT any money. I wish I could say the same thing about the citizens! :cry:

MM

I could give a big rats' ass. I wouldn't give you a dime for any of them. Amazing. No different then the Hollywood elite. Dem or Rep, we hang on their words, shower them with special treatment, elevate and treat them like they were gods. Their attitudes in general are..." Let us control your money and rights. You all are much too stupid to do so"

They can all kiss my ass.

Just remember, They are suppose to be working for you.

I feel a little better.

I'm going to give the Dems and Obama folks a pass on this one. This is a milestone in our history and a very proud moment for 10's of millions of African Americans. I adamantly oppose the politics of both of the aforementioned, but I hope and pray that the new administration will keep us safe and get us out of this economic mess with some semblance of capitalism left at the end of his term(s).

I think it's a shameful waste of money, regardless of party. It's especially shameful now, given the state of the economy. I'd be so much more impressed if Obama made it a low-key event and went right to work. On the other hand, this is an event worth celebrating - change.

How are inauguration events funded? If it's all through donations from the "winning" party, I have no problem. If it comes out of the general coffers, I'm gonna be outraged.

no wonder the US is going down the toilet.

Spread the 140million around u morons!!!

Ok i am not racist or all..........but I getting tired of the "1st African-American President"..........Obama isnt a "true" black man, his mom is white.

Just pisses me off, im sorry, if i offended anyone

WHAT! learned the ways of wasteful spending Cmon look at ALL the positions that he has filled in his cabinet and they are all Big spenders. Nothing will change except who is going to pay WELL maybe not we have always paid we will just have to pay more and more and more all in the name of CHANGE. Hey lets have them practice what they preach first before they shove it down R throats.

Ok i am not racist or all..........but I getting tired of the "1st African-American President"..........Obama isnt a "true" black man, his mom is white.

You did not piss anyone off. I have thought the same thing. Whats the BIG Deal. The way the media has fallen in love with obama it is funny watching them on tv. watch them tomorow and they will be falling all over them selfs. OWAIT I forgot Obama Is the saviour of world peace NO I mean The New World Order :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Yes what a waste of R money. Get use to it we have not seen nothing yet as what this President is going to do all In the name of CHANGE.

You did not piss anyone off. I have thought the same thing. Whats the BIG Deal. The way the media has fallen in love with obama it is funny watching them on tv. watch them tomorow and they will be falling all over them selfs. OWAIT I forgot Obama Is the saviour of world peace NO I mean The New World Order :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Yes what a waste of R money. Get use to it we have not seen nothing yet as what this President is going to do all In the name of CHANGE.

Still better than "GETTING BUSHED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Thinking more about the inaguration events this morning...

I find it incredibly ironic that the "party of change" preaches strongly about two things; helping the poor and global warming / environment.

So, here they are WASTING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on all these parties (not including all of the costs of the attendees to get there, stay there, and return), plus, this inaguration has got to be a HUGE CARBON FOOTPRINT considering all of the energy being utilized for it.

All of this while the country (and the world) is mired in a global recession.

This doesn't seem like a good example of change to me.

Guest markham51

On the plus side....

Just part of the new economic stimulus! Just think of all that money getting pumped into the economy. Airlines are full, restaurants and bars will be full, cabbies will be busy, hotels will be busy, porta potty business has never been better. Consumers are spending again!

On the minus side..... It seems inconsistent with the hard economic times we face.

In summary:

There is some good news and some bad news here. Lets hope he can govern from the center and change those things that really need fixing.

On the plus side....

Just part of the new economic stimulus! Just think of all that money getting pumped into the economy. Airlines are full, restaurants and bars will be full, cabbies will be busy, hotels will be busy, porta potty business has never been better. Consumers are spending again!

On the minus side..... It seems inconsistent with the hard economic times we face.

In summary:

There is some good news and some bad news here. Lets hope he can govern from the center and change those things that really need fixing.

From "the center".......not in a million years IF he governs based on his campaign platform.......but then again, he may not, since he changes opinion more often than I change under wear.

Still better than "GETTING BUSHED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Ah, my buddy DDT, The press absolutely had a bird when Bush spent 1/2 the amount, no outrage now. We are in dangerous times. The press is so in love with President Obama, there will be no checks and balances from them. Not good

You shouldn't be sorry for speaking the truth, I agree. This is the way it always starts out, in a couple years he''ll be a :censored: just like the rest of them.

More wacky right right wing BS...didn't even make it through the first day!

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/...9_01/016501.php

What's really funny is that Bush's $157 million was for an attendence of about 500,000 ($314 a head) while estimates for Obama are between 3-5 million ($56 a head).

Which do you think was the better deal?

:headscratch:

More wacky right right wing BS...didn't even make it through the first day!

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/...9_01/016501.php

What's really funny is that Bush's $157 million was for an attendence of about 500,000 ($314 a head) while estimates for Obama are between 3-5 million ($56 a head).

Which do you think was the better deal?

:headscratch:

My wife just got home from shopping and spent $960 that we really didn't need to spend because we're broke, but she saved us $310 because everything was on sale. What a deal!

On the plus side....

In summary:

Unless they "Dine & Dash"

Unless they get Robbed

The Government Ordered these, the Businesses may go under before they get Paid

Archived