TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dressing Up the Engine Compartment

Maybe this topic has appeared before but I couldn't find it, so here goes a new one. Every time we look under the hood of a stock Shelby GT or GT-H we can't help but think a little "dressing up" may be in order. Let's face it, there's wires and hoses going everywhere, dull looking valve covers, ugly rubber ribbed air inlet tube, and just a rather "cluttered look". Oh, I almost forgot the urine colored radiator fluid!! I've added a picture of what I've done to my car so how about some thoughts and pictures from other TS members.

MY ADDITIONS Ford Racing Chrome Valve Covers

Billet radiator, ws washer etc caps

Steeda Carbon Fiber Air Inlet

Billet Strut Caps

Satin Aluminum Fuse Box Cover w/1999 Cobra Intake Snake plaque

Shelby Parts Stainless Hood Prop Rod

Coil pack Covers

Fabricated "Shelby" tags for Coil Covers

post-12928-1232391809_thumb.jpg

post-12928-1232391809_thumb.jpg

I'd love to see pics of the install, if you get a chance. This is the first plenum cover I've seen that I really like.

Ken

I'll post up once I get them on. Waiting on the headers so I can do it all at one time. Header, paint valve covers and install plenum/rail covers. JBA says they should ship on the 30th...

Mine is still "bone stock". One of these days I might do more, but if / when I would like to start w/ mods to brakes & suspension.

IMG_2558.jpg

Guest hfrosso
Maybe this topic has appeared before but I couldn't find it, so here goes a new one. Every time we look under the hood of a stock Shelby GT or GT-H we can't help but think a little "dressing up" may be in order. Let's face it, there's wires and hoses going everywhere, dull looking valve covers, ugly rubber ribbed air inlet tube, and just a rather "cluttered look". Oh, I almost forgot the urine colored radiator fluid!! I've added a picture of what I've done to my car so how about some thoughts and pictures from other TS members.

Billet Strut Caps

Coil pack Covers

The first thing i did was the engine ,then the wheels.

your engine looks really nice!!!love the intake!! i've been looking for someting like that,but don't want to buy the hole "air filter /intake "package. did you just buy the intake or did you had to buy the ai filter too??

my additions:

Ford racing chrome valve covers

billet "Shelby GT" logo caps

Shelby billet strut tower caps

shelby brushed alum. fuse box cover

shelby chrome hood prop rod

billet "shelby"logo battery holder

engine dress up kit (replace all color screws with billet screws )

don't have a nice picture yet .

I have added the Shelby two-bar, four-nut strut brace (none standard on the GT; but you knew that), and a K&N CARB exempt Cold Air Inlet (I painted the brackets and engine side of the shield white, to reflect a little radiant heat; closed the tube-to-shield gap with water-pipe insulation {the clamp is now rotated out of sight}), and ordered a Canton aluminum radiator tank. Those and the "Appearance Group" plenum cover will neaten it up a bit, I reckon. Now about those rusty bits at the top of the struts ... ?

GTCSunderhoodLSV_30651.jpg

GTCSunderhoodFV_30654.jpg

KNpost_30657.jpg

KNpre_30650.jpg

Billet Strut Caps

Coil pack Covers

The Steeda Carbon Fiber Air Inlet tube can be purchased by itself, I used the Air Filter set up that came with the car. No re-tune was required. You can go to www.Steeda.com and view their catalog. I wish Shelby Performance Parts would offer this type Inlet tube.

Archived